Tyron Smith or JJ Watt

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Is KK, JJ's sister? I think Tyron and JJ have one thing in common. Bad backs. JJ's is worse and hope Tyrons doesn't get to that point.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Tyron Smith without a doubt. Have you seen that photo with no shirt? Life is not fair. Have you seen the team play without him? Tyron all day every day. He is usually the best player on the field any gameday, the exception may be the QB. We know how Daak looked without him.
441092_display_image.jpg

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Give me Watt from a few years ago and I would take him over Tyron. At the time Watt was the best defensive player I had seen since Lawrence Taylor. He was absolutely dominant. These days he’s looking almost done from significant injuries. Doesn’t appear he’ll make it much past 30.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Let's see how much longer both guys can play in this league. If Tyron's back issues linger, I give him 3 more years max. That would give him 10 years in the NFL, which is a great run for any player but disappointing given how young he was when he came into the league.

JustChip

Reaction score
Just think, 31 other reams passed on him and the Pats passed on him 6 times the year he was drafted.

Yep, he was taken with a supplemental pick after the end of the regular 6th round picks. And Belichick was even going to cut him in preseason his rookie year until an injury to either the 2nd or 3rd QB on the depth chart. There's nothing like blind, stupid luck.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Neither player looks to have a bunch of years left due to injury concerns but Tyron appears to have more left in the tank than Watt who can’t seem to avoid significant injuries.