Video: Tyrone Crawford: "Animal. I Like Him A Lot"

Swagger

Reaction score
A lot of people hate him on here but I have always liked Tyrone Crawford. He is a good, solid player, he is the enabler for Lawrence and by all accounts he's a great team mate. I hope he has a good season.

If he wasn't deemed to be productive then he would have been released or traded by now. The front office have shown in recent years that they can be ruthless e.g. Romo and Bailey. So the coaches that see him every day during the season rate him as a guy worth keeping on the roster.

Get over it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The quote in the thread title was a response to a question about Gallimore, at the end of the presser...but yes,he expressed similar sentiments toward Hill.
Are you sure? The quote in post #6 is talking about Hill saying he’s an animal before talking about him last year.

I mean, I guess it’s good news for either guy... and lord knows that I’ve been wrong before... but I thought that was about Hill.

EDIT: I think he called both Hill and Gallimore Animals which would explain my confusion because I didn’t listen all the way to the end.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
my take on this will be hard or some to digest. i don't think crawford can play anymore. two hip surgeries will be too much to overcome for a tackle. it is my belief his effusive praise of other players is little more than a way to prove his leadership value to the team, and an attempt to make it harder to release him.
It's possible. Guess we'll see soon enough. Sure hope you're wrong.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you sure? The quote in post #6 is talking about Hill saying he’s an animal before talking about him last year.

I mean, I guess it’s good news for either guy... and lord knows that I’ve been wrong before... but I thought that was about Hill.

EDIT: I think he called both Hill and Gallimore Animals which would explain my confusion because I didn’t listen all the way to the end.
He did call them both animals, but if you click on the last minute or so, he says the quote and Gallimore.

cern

Reaction score
It's possible. Guess we'll see soon enough. Sure hope you're wrong.
if all we need to show leadership is words of praise, gerald mccoy can do the same and for less money. imo, we need to be looking for a replacement for mccoy and i don't think crawford's that guy.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
BTW, this is part of why DLaw calls TC the DL leader.
He actually takes time to mentor these young dudes.
I'm sure that is part of why he hasn't been cut to save money for a team as cheap as we are, lol.
I'm not a fan of Crawford's pay relative to his production. With that said, players who mentor younger players and push them to be better, are incredibly valuable to a team. They can speed up the learning curve of younger players which gives the team better depth.

I may have to rethink my position on whether or not Crawford is a player the Cowboys should keep.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if all we need to show leadership is words of praise, gerald mccoy can do the same and for less money. imo, we need to be looking for a replacement for mccoy and i don't think crawford's that guy.
History would agree with you, but let's hope he changes his date, because I doubt they're planning on bringing in another FA playmaker.