1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Tyrone Crawford doesn't deserve the hate gets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hayseed, Jun 16, 2018.

1. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,053 Messages
    2,968 Likes Received
    You're welcome bro.
    Even if I don't agree with you about something I always respect that your points are well thought out and logical.

stasheroo and Trouty like this.
  2. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    And IMO he played better at DT

3. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

34,138 Messages
    93,098 Likes Received
    Crawford is the Kevin Costner of Dlinemen. Versatile

Trouty and gp_cowpolk like this.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

62,834 Messages
    69,953 Likes Received
    I can't ask for more than that.

Trouty likes this.
  5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

16,010 Messages
    16,368 Likes Received
    Well, without the pedigree on his resume unlike Costner.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  6. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,470 Messages
    7,713 Likes Received
    People act as if the money Crawford was paid came out of their wallets. He does make it happen for the other D-Linemen.

Good post, my man .

Furboy likes this.
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,470 Messages
    7,713 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Furboy likes this.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,656 Likes Received
    Said for years he is a very solid player. He needs to stay at 3DT. He can still rotate some at DE just as Irving can.

Furboy, Hayseed, Trouty and 1 other person like this.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,656 Likes Received
    Wow. We rarely disagree. Here's one. He's too valuable although we could be outbid so it certainly could happen.

Furboy and Trouty like this.
  10. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,053 Messages
    2,968 Likes Received
    Agreed. He's much more consistent than Irving, IMO.
    With a lower ceiling of course.

Furboy, Trouty and jobberone like this.
  11. rkell87

rkell87 Benched

8,443 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Unfortunately he was a winner of circumstance. We didn't have a good Dline nor a leader for it. Crawford just happened to be the best of what we had and what was available. Remember we were trotting out the golden cock for half the game back then. I had a debate about Crawfords contract with a buddy when the numbers first came out. He was ok with it and I wasn't. His only argument was who's better? And I had to admit if we let him walk we would be extremely week along the Dline but he had to admit there wasn't any way he was going to live up to that contract. We paid him for his leadership and utility more than his production. I've never been mad at Crawford but I was upset that our front office handed out a large contract for an invisible player on game day.

Hennessy_King and Alexander like this.
  12. kazzd58

kazzd58 Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    547 Likes Received

Occasionally......... hes never been anything special we might release a batter player this year just cause he has a big contract..

We are not resigning him it is what it is

13. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

7,292 Messages
    7,784 Likes Received
    Paid like a pro bowl player and doesn't even start. He deserves the ridicule. Its his last year anyways.

14. Mr_C

Mr_C Carharris2

9,703 Messages
    10,366 Likes Received
    He’s an average nfl lineman that gets paid above average money. The criticism will happen if a player doesn’t live up to his pay.

That’s just the way it is.

Hennessy_King likes this.
  15. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,956 Messages
    5,944 Likes Received
    Crawford is a victim of the neglect on the DL. He signed his contract when he showed his potential was rising as a 3T. The DE were weak due to injuries to DLaw, and we had a revolving door at the WDE, so they asked Tcraw to slim down a little play DE because he does play the run well from the DE spot but pass rush wise he does not have the quick twitch to be effective all the time. They keep bouncing him from DT to DE and he cannot get real comfortable and hone his skill to try and excel at one. Now with Irving and Collins being out I am sure they will go to him and tell him to put on weight because he will be in the 3T rotation once again.

Furboy and Rayman70 like this.
  16. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    I'm fairly sure if Goodell could ban all Dallas Cowboy games he would do so. He LOVES him some Giants. OBJ can pull off a drug deal with hookers in his room,ON FILM...and he gets NADA...zilch...no punishment. Yet Goodell takes a Dallas player and harshly punishes them for a simple he said she said thing..OR ACCUSATION..true or not. something has to be done with Goodell..he is ruining the product.

17. Carter

Carter Well-Known Member

1,297 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    He is JAG and an expensive one.

Rayman70 likes this.
  18. Captain43Crash

Captain43Crash Well-Known Member

4,244 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    Comparing Crawford to Dez. Come on now. Why do you think we would be more willing to put up with Crawford’s average play then Dez’s average play?

19. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,551 Messages
    43,703 Likes Received
    Dez did much moe for this team than Crawford has ever done. Has Crawford really truly ever win a game for us or helped win, when a big play was needed...NO...

20. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    Not true on either count.....Pro Bowlers get 14m a year........ TCrawford gets 7m.....at least get the facts right

See above......... that is flat out wrong on both counts

Not expensive at all......... his contract is 3/21m....that is what Trent Murphy.....Kareem Martin.....Kevin Dennard and Vinny Curry ....... you know all those All Pro superstars