Twitter: Tyron's penalties

stuckindc

Reaction score
There has to be a balance though.

All i've heard since the end of 2016 is how his "back is destroyed" and how he's "damaged goods" and yet he still makes NFL top 100 and pro bowl every year...... (lol).

You can never dump enough resources in tackle but at the same time the narrative of his healthy is very exageratted.

He was rated higher in 2018 then he was in 2017 (which pisses some haters off because it doesn't fit there narrative of him rapidly detoriating) and the first 5 games of this season (up untill Dak crashing into his ankle) he was rated higher than he was in 2018....... (you see where this is going ?)

There is no way in hell the cowboys will trade a pro bowl Left Tackle who only has a base salary of 10 million dollars for the next 2 years. Pull a philly and draft a stud tackle and groom him for the next 2 or 3 years ? Yeah absolutely I could see that but not trading (Tyron salary wise is a freaking steal)
great points...I guess I look at it from a What would Bellichek do...He traded Seymore and got draft capital...Collins.. Granted...way apples and oranges from the standpoint of a LT and LE....he will trade players before they start to slide than after and get max value...again a LT is way different than other positions ( excluding a legit QB) I agree where they ( JJ ) never would trade him...as he probably could have earlier this year for Jamal Adams..when rumors of Jets requesting draft picks and Tyron or Zack Martin.. And I'm assuming JJ laughed at either of those prospects. I'm just armchair GM'ing...I would say JJ is very much of keeping the current line in tact and upgrading future replacements through the draft. Keep pulling form the Wisconsins/ ND's of the world that have high end Oline. Certainly hasn't hurt the Boys. I am curious to see how the kid from Penn State develops...

Tussinman

Reaction score
great points...I guess I look at it from a What would Bellichek do
New England isn't a fan of giving record breaking contracts after rookie deals. Look at Trey Flowers they let him walk because they weren't interested in bidding against teams with tons of capital (aka the Lions who paid him 90 million)

That's completely different then Tyron signing a team friendly 8 year extension (Tyrons deal was so team friendly that the players union actually investigated the cowboys for tampering). Tyron without restructure was going to have no guranteed money from ages 26 to 33 all while playing the 3rd most valuable position in football (that's literally insane)

If anything people like Tyron who are willing to work reasonable long term deals with plenty of restructures are the EXACT protype of what the Patriots want.
I am curious to see how the kid from Penn State develops...
Will be interesting. Cowboys spent little money and no draft picks for Cooper and Leary both of which clearly outplayed Conner Williams. Cowboys have spent two top 90 picks on LG in the last 2 years so nows the time to either get good play or start looking for veteran free agents to battle them in training camp