• Conor

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Khabib

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

zerofill

Reaction score
So who do you think is winning this?

Khabib might be 26-0, but he has never fought anyone the caliber of McGregor.

The first 16 fights of his career, most of those fighters had no more than 3 fights and aren't even in MMA anymore. So many consider his stats as heavily padded.

The fact that Khabib had such a hard time keeping Al Iaquinta down, and his stand up looked so mediocre, leaves a lot to wonder about.

However, McGregor is also not known for his skill on the ground.

Personally, I am taking McGregor. I believe that after training for the Floyd Mayweather fight, his striking which was already extremely high level in MMA, is probably at a whole new level.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I just hope it's a good fight. 15 second fight like McGregor vs. Aldo would be a huge disappointment no matter who prevails.

Smith22

Reaction score
Khabib has insane ground and pound and is relentless. Connor will have to catch him coming in with a big punch.

Go back and watch Khabib vs Barbosa. Barbosa, a striker with 87% takedown defense. Barbosa got destroyed the entire fight.
Also, see Khabib vs Dos Anjos. Dos Anjos got mauled.

Either way, with the hate between these 2 camps, I expect this to be a very nasty fight.

Ren

Reaction score
Khabib, his take downs and ground game is excellent and that's one area Connor is weak

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven't seen Connor on the ground in so long, its hard to imagine what happens if the fight goes there. My feeling is that Connor is going to knock him out in round 1. I don't think Khabib has been hit by anyone like Connor.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Conor's about to have his Rhonda Rousey moment. He barely survived Mendes, lost once to a middling Diaz brother, and hasn't stepped into the octagon in two years. No way he's going to beat the indefatigable and relentless Dagestani who makes good strikers look confounded, helpless, and dejected.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I have not seen Khabib fight more than 3-4 , fights and he just kept coming all of those fights. He must be in great shape because even when he wasn't having a great fight he just kept the pressure on. I was very impressed with Conner when he exchanged punches with Mayweather. He hung in there. The unknown is how much Conner's success may have effected his conditioning. Going from broke to extremely wealthy in a short period if time could possibly effect your focus. It's going to be interesting to see which McGregor shows you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both are each other's kryptonite. Neither can even be remotely competitive with the other in their specialty. McGregor can easily sleep Khabib. Khabib can easily maul McGregor while talking to him throughout.

I'm going with Khabib. I just don't like where Conor's at right now. He's got too much going on outside of fighting like releasing his own whiskey a week ago. He's got Drake with him at weigh ins. He's coming off of a 2 year lay off. I question where his head's at and if he truly will be the fighter he was before or if he's lost that edge.

He came into the UFC talking about how obsessed he was. How fighting is his entire life. Now he's living the superstar lifestyle. He's made his money. He's accomplished his goals. That has to matter in fight preparation.

Meanwhile all the Russian thinks about is this fight. There are no distractions. This is his goal.

So Khabib by TKO in round 3. If I'm right it's going to be the first time Conor legitimately gets his butt kicked in an MMA cage and it's going to be a really embarrassing and bad beating. Khabib is a slow death and all while he talks to you. With everything that's gone on in the lead up to this fight that's going to be tough for McGregor to live with.

But...if Conor can pull this off I think he will have the most impressive resume in the history of the sport. Champ Champ. Slayed two seemingly unbeatable giants. Made the most accomplished LW ever look like he had some kind of palsy. KO's over Mendes and Poirier. Dominant win over Holloway with a torn ACL. Wins in 3 weight classes. This is legend stuff here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Khabib has insane ground and pound and is relentless. Connor will have to catch him coming in with a big punch.

Go back and watch Khabib vs Barbosa. Barbosa, a striker with 87% takedown defense. Barbosa got destroyed the entire fight.
Also, see Khabib vs Dos Anjos. Dos Anjos got mauled.

Either way, with the hate between these 2 camps, I expect this to be a very nasty fight.

Barbosa is a kicker. Conor is a puncher. Barbosa needs much more space to strike than Conor. Conor is also a much more accurate striker than Barbosa. Fighters pressure Barbosa all the time to stifle his kicking game and he ends up folding. He's overrated. Nobody pressures Conor. It's pretty much a kamikaze mission. You're running into a minefield.

Dos Anjos isn't on McGregor's level as a striker either. These are terrible comparisons. Khabib will never face a striker like McGregor. This dude is special. I just think Khabib can get it to the ground early enough to survive that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Conor's about to have his Rhonda Rousey moment. He barely survived Mendes, lost once to a middling Diaz brother, and hasn't stepped into the octagon in two years. No way he's going to beat the indefatigable and relentless Dagestani who makes good strikers look confounded, helpless, and dejected.

This must be one of those geniuses who still to this day can't admit how great this guy is.

And if I'm right he's probably told us how Conor would never ever ever ever agree to fight Khabib. Like he wouldn't beat Eddie. Wouldn't beat Aldo. Wouldn't beat Mendes, etc. It gets boring.

Comparing any striker Khabib has faced to McGregor is laughably ignorant. He is peerless as a striker in MMA.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Surprised so few are factoring in his long absence from the octagon in making their predictions, as if he's just going to take up right where he left off. Tonight will be the last time McGregor seriously challenges for a belt. After Khabib mauls him, it will be money fights with the likes of Diaz, Silva, GSP and posh celebrity lifestyle. He's now more a persona and marketing gimmick than a fighter.

ghst187

Reaction score
Should be a good one. I almost feel I have to root for Connor because the sport has few personality draws right now despite being the best sport ever

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This must be one of those geniuses who still to this day can't admit how great this guy is.

And if I'm right he's probably told us how Conor would never ever ever ever agree to fight Khabib. Like he wouldn't beat Eddie. Wouldn't beat Aldo. Wouldn't beat Mendes, etc. It gets boring.

Comparing any striker Khabib has faced to McGregor is laughably ignorant. He is peerless as a striker in MMA.
You really have no clue what you are talking about. Take my advice and quit while you’re looking ignorant but not stupid.