Video: Undisputed Discusses PFF Ranking Dak As The No. 3 MVP in the League in 2020

Nav22

Reaction score
Here come the mouth-breathing idiots to bleat about how Dak being #3 in the MVP race is preposterous considering he missed 11 games, all the while completely missing the obvious point about his value.

Furrowing their brows in a vain attempt at understanding football.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dak is the most talented quarterback we’ve had wear the star in Dallas.

Roger A close second

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If both OT Penei Sewell and CB Caleb Farley are gone by the time the Cowboys 1st round pick comes up at #10 (and if Dak is still demanding a $40 - $45 mil / year contract by draft day), the Cowboys should trade down into the 1st round and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. They should then use that later 2nd round pick on this QB...

https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/Florida_logo.gif Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 239.
Projected 40 Time: 4.8.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History
3/2/21: Trask put together an excellent 2020, dominating Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas, plus also carrying Florida to a win over Georgia in which he threw for almost 500 yards. He also was very good against Alabama in the SEC Championship, throwing for over 400 yards and three touchdowns - plus rushing for another two. Trask's lone bad game of 2020 was against Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl, but he was playing without his top-three receivers and star tight end Kyle Pitts. An ankle injury during training cost Trask participating in the Senior Bowl practices.

Three directors of college scouting and a national scout told ***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1*** that Trask is a better pocket passer than Justin Fields, in part because Trask lacks mobility, so he has developed good pocket awareness by default. An AFC general manager told me they think Trask will be a second-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Trask has serious pocket-passing ability for the NFL. He is very accurate in terms of impressive ball placement, timing, field vision, and decision making. Helped by a powerful arm capable of making touch passes, Trask put on display some natural passing ability in every game of 2020. Trask's lack of mobility and teams viewing him as a statue in the pocket are hurting him, but some team sources think Trask could be a riser in the interviews.

8/29/20: Florida's offense improved in 2019 when Trask replaced Feleipe Franks. Trask could have beaten out Franks for the job a year earlier if it weren't for an injury suffered in practice after a hit by Jabari Zuniga. In 2019, Trask made good decisions as a passer and was efficient to distribute the ball to a deep group of receivers.

Trask has a thick build, a strong arm, good height and pocket presence, plus draws rave reviews for his character and work ethic. Trask could be a riser in 2020 now that he has more experience and more tutelage from quarterback expert Dan Mullen (Dak's college head coach and QB's coach).
https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2021QB.php

Kyle Trask would be great to grab in the 2nd round if Dak forces Jerry's hand to put the non-exclusive franchise tag on and trade him.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If both OT Penei Sewell and CB Caleb Farley are gone by the time the Cowboys 1st round pick comes up at #10 (and if Dak is still demanding a $40 - $45 mil / year contract by draft day), the Cowboys should trade down into the 1st round and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. They should then use that later 2nd round pick on this QB...

https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/Florida_logo.gif Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 239.
Projected 40 Time: 4.8.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History
3/2/21: Trask put together an excellent 2020, dominating Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas, plus also carrying Florida to a win over Georgia in which he threw for almost 500 yards. He also was very good against Alabama in the SEC Championship, throwing for over 400 yards and three touchdowns - plus rushing for another two. Trask's lone bad game of 2020 was against Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl, but he was playing without his top-three receivers and star tight end Kyle Pitts. An ankle injury during training cost Trask participating in the Senior Bowl practices.

Three directors of college scouting and a national scout told ***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1*** that Trask is a better pocket passer than Justin Fields, in part because Trask lacks mobility, so he has developed good pocket awareness by default. An AFC general manager told me they think Trask will be a second-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Trask has serious pocket-passing ability for the NFL. He is very accurate in terms of impressive ball placement, timing, field vision, and decision making. Helped by a powerful arm capable of making touch passes, Trask put on display some natural passing ability in every game of 2020. Trask's lack of mobility and teams viewing him as a statue in the pocket are hurting him, but some team sources think Trask could be a riser in the interviews.

8/29/20: Florida's offense improved in 2019 when Trask replaced Feleipe Franks. Trask could have beaten out Franks for the job a year earlier if it weren't for an injury suffered in practice after a hit by Jabari Zuniga. In 2019, Trask made good decisions as a passer and was efficient to distribute the ball to a deep group of receivers.

Trask has a thick build, a strong arm, good height and pocket presence, plus draws rave reviews for his character and work ethic. Trask could be a riser in 2020 now that he has more experience and more tutelage from quarterback expert Dan Mullen (Dak's college head coach and QB's coach).
https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2021QB.php

Kyle Trask would be great to grab in the 2nd round if Dak forces Jerry's hand to put the non-exclusive franchise tag on and trade him.

The idea of letting Dak walk disgusts me.

Only 20% of QBs picked in the top 10 pan out... We got a star at the position, why in heck would we let him walk?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The point I was trying to highlight is how absurd the notion is of moving to Darnold, or any other QB really. Someone proposed trading 2 firsts, a third, and CeeDee Lamb for Sam Darnold. Why in the heck would we do that?

Dak is the guy.

Because PFF is stupid enough to rank Dak that high after some empty calorie stats against bad pass defenses where he had a ton of volume?

No..

I like to use a little more common sense than just reading the box score or viewing the game from a fantasy football perspective.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Here come the mouth-breathing idiots to bleat about how Dak being #3 in the MVP race is preposterous considering he missed 11 games, all the while completely missing the obvious point about his value.

Furrowing their brows in a vain attempt at understanding football.

Yeah all that value has brought us 1 wildcard win in 5 years.

I'd rather have Zeke and the OL rolling over Dak and his 400 yards and 4 TD's against a crap Giants team.

Who is the real mouth breather here? You get presented with Data and you look at it all the same way. Like there isn't different factors for that data.

KB1122

Reaction score
You can make a case for Dak, generally. And it wasn't all his fault. But throwing for a million empty calorie yards doesn't put you close to MVP.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Because PFF is stupid enough to rank Dak that high after some empty calorie stats against bad pass defenses where he had a ton of volume?

No..

I like to use a little more common sense than just reading the box score or viewing the game from a fantasy football perspective.
And as someone who played QB in HS, I also like to use a bit of common sense.

Even when the entire team was collapsing around Dak, he kept us in the game, he kept marching the offense down the field.

There are maybe a half dozen QBs better than Dak in the league. Why on earth would you want to rebuild?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And as someone who played QB in HS, I also like to use a bit of common sense.

Even when the entire team was collapsing around Dak, he kept us in the game, he kept marching the offense down the field.

There are maybe a half dozen QBs better than Dak in the league. Why on earth would you want to rebuild?

I don't deny any of that.

What I deny is his value being good for the monetary compensation he wants.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

No..

Who is the real mouth breather here? You get presented with Data and you look at it all the same way. Like there isn't different factors for that data.
You edited your post to call me a mouth breather?

What in the heck man. You have some real deep hatred for Dak and it makes no sense.

Did you also support trading Romo for Brady Quinn?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I don't deny any of that.

What I deny is his value being good for the monetary compensation he wants.
The market is the market and it is going to go up over the next few years.

The NFL compensation is still way behind the MLB or NBA. Expect 300mn contracts to start becoming the norm.

If we signed Dak for 4 years last year, we wouldn't be in this position. Now his price has risen, and it will keep going up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we signed Dak for 4 years last year, we wouldn't be in this position. Now his price has risen, and it will keep going up.

Yeah and he was horrible value before and his value has become worse.

30 million for Dak is borderline terrible value. 35 is incredibly bad and team crush.. Now we're in the 40's?

You're basically signing away your future for 1 player with several bad deals already on the book with a team trending down.

Paying Dak is not the right move for Dallas. If he were a Jet and Dallas needed a QB and he was available they wouldn't meet his demands. Not a chance. But since he's their own they might cave to all of this and the team will suffer for several seasons to possibly open a 1 year window eventually.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yeah and he was horrible value before and his value has become worse.

30 million for Dak is borderline terrible value. 35 is incredibly bad and team crush.. Now we're in the 40's?

You're basically signing away your future for 1 player with several bad deals already on the book with a team trending down.

Paying Dak is not the right move for Dallas. If he were a Jet and Dallas needed a QB and he was available they wouldn't meet his demands. Not a chance. But since he's their own they might cave to all of this and the team will suffer for several seasons to possibly open a 1 year window eventually.
I disagree with your assessment of Dak as a player, but that's all good - that's what makes sports fun.

I think Dak would find a very healthy market at 40m+ if he hit free agency.

Our fanbase has been blessed with great QBs pretty much every season since our existence, with a few small periods we lacked one. We are not the Browns who have suffered the cruel fate of not having a QB for decades. We don't want to end up in that situation. Dak can win in this league, and in my opinion, he can be a top 5 QB. Keep him.

Don't forget that without a good / great QB, we don't have a future to sell.

We aren't going to stumble on another Dak in the 4th round. We would have to trade the farm to replace him with in all likelihood a worse QB.

superonyx

Reaction score
This is a prophetic statement, too bad many on this forum ignore the facts. Dak (25% winning %) vs Backups (42% winning %) in 2020.
Ryan Tannehill was 11-6 as a starter last year. forgot the OL, Henry and the defense.
Tannehill is the franchise because HE won 11 games alone.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't get the hatred the fan base has for him.. It is identical to when the community wanted to trade Romo + a first for Brady Quinn... Except this is an even worse deal.

A joke of an offensive line, a joke of a defense, and Dak was putting up 40 points each week. Was he supposed to play safety as well?
It’s not the fan base that hates Dak. It’s a group or nerds who think they are smarter than everyone else. We just get to host many of them here.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen I’m a dak fan.... but it’s absolutely ridiculous to look at his stats and not he context of those games. 3 games in particular come to mind.

falcons - yeah we won.... by a miracle... and dak deserves credit for the comeback. But he was a reason we were in a hole in the first place with two turnovers early.

Seahawks game - granted dak had a good game.... but he has crucial turnover before half.

Browns game - up 14-7.... by fourth quarter game is over. 2nd and 3rd q our offense is dormant. Dak “leads us back” but to no avail. For two quarters while the browns are running up the score the dak led offense nowhere to be found.

Yes our d was historically bad.... but you could argue in 2 of those games if dak is more consistent we aren’t in the position needing miracles at the end.

In my mind you look at the context of the games... the coaches... the defense... the record vs winning teams. The fact we play in a bad division but still can’t win it. You take everything into account. Dak is a top 10 qb.... but he isn’t top 5. Right now