Video: Undisputed Discusses PFF Ranking Dak As The No. 3 MVP in the League in 2020

khiladi

Reaction score
so you believe PFF when it fits your argument, but dismiss it when it doesn't....its selective on your part. its always been.

No, it actually exposes their hypocrisy.

QB rating has a mathematical formula based on actual statistical numbers on the football field that doesn’t factor in subjective claims like “who the MVP” will be. Whether one agrees with the formula, it’s calculations aren’t influenced by betting odds.

And PFF just got into the betting game last year, which shows where they are heading.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah all that value has brought us 1 wildcard win in 5 years.

I'd rather have Zeke and the OL rolling over Dak and his 400 yards and 4 TD's against a crap Giants team.

Who is the real mouth breather here? You get presented with Data and you look at it all the same way. Like there isn't different factors for that data.
Peyton Manning went 0-4 in his first 4 playoff appearances.....

so based on your logic, the future history of what dak will do is sealed because he is 1-2 in the playoffs in 5 years....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah and he was horrible value before and his value has become worse.

30 million for Dak is borderline terrible value. 35 is incredibly bad and team crush.. Now we're in the 40's?

You're basically signing away your future for 1 player with several bad deals already on the book with a team trending down.

Paying Dak is not the right move for Dallas. If he were a Jet and Dallas needed a QB and he was available they wouldn't meet his demands. Not a chance. But since he's their own they might cave to all of this and the team will suffer for several seasons to possibly open a 1 year window eventually.
I guess KC has no future with mahomes, giving up 50M/ year. he is one player after all. right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why is Dak the guy? The team was basically 0-4 (yeah, we all know the Atl game was a loss except for Atl stupidity and a one in a million watermelon kick) and leading the winless and hapless Giants by a couple points halfway into the 3rd quarter.

Stats? Is that why he is the guy? Leadership? When was the last time Dak got in the face of a knucklehead and chewed him out? Players do not fear Dak. Players like him. Is that why he is the guy? Is it the way he reads defenses and audibles?
so lets spin things and dismiss everything, because it fits your agenda, but hey lets pump up Dalton, who won 3 games against 4 win teams with their back up QBs and needed defense to score and 9 turnovers to do that...yeah, you sunk the day you tied your ship to Dalton LOL

starfan1

Reaction score
this contract negotiations cant get though quick enough so the haters can find another topic to be hateful and ignorant about.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, it actually exposes their hypocrisy.

QB rating has a mathematical formula based on actual statistical numbers on the football field that doesn’t factor in subjective claims like “who the MVP” will be. Whether one agrees with the formula, it’s calculations aren’t influenced by betting odds.

And PFF just got into the betting game last year, which shows where they are heading.
QBR takes into account other factors, which is more accurate of actual performance based on the situation....regardless, he ranks high in that area too.

and you just basically said, throw away all statistics and measures that make Dak look good. but I want to keep the ones that support my agenda......those are the only ones that matter...right?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He didn't finish that 5th game. Pretty sure nobody is giving an MVP award to a guy leading a team with a losing record. Dak put up most his numbers against bad defenses.......PFF isn't factoring that into their grades.
Great post!!!!!!!!! You forgot to mention that these BAD DEFENSES were in their prevent defenses after the 1st and 2nd quarters because the Cowboys were so far behind in most of these games. Dak was shakier than a than a hairless rat in -20 degrees, he looked like he didn't have a clue on how to lead this team. Once the defenses let up then he was able to get HIS YARDS! He's not worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$ he's demanding..............

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
so lets spin things and dismiss everything, because it fits your agenda, but hey lets pump up Dalton, who won 3 games against 4 win teams with their back up QBs and needed defense to score and 9 turnovers to do that...yeah, you sunk the day you tied your ship to Dalton LOL

Notice how you said not one word about Dak in your reply. That speaks volumes. Divert and spin but never answer the question.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess KC has no future with mahomes, giving up 50M/ year. he is one player after all. right?
Did you really just compare Mahomes (who is a generational and transcendent talent who was just in 2 consecutive super bowls) to Dak freaking Prescott?

Really?

Really?!?!?!

:facepalm:

The lengths that folks are going to convince themselves that Dak is worth a team-crushing contract are getting absurd.

khiladi

Reaction score
QBR takes into account other factors, which is more accurate of actual performance based on the situation....regardless, he ranks high in that area too.

and you just basically said, throw away all statistics and measures that make Dak look good. but I want to keep the ones that support my agenda......those are the only ones that matter...right?

No, I didn’t say “throw away all statistics”. What I said is things like MVP are subjective nonsense, unlike their other stats, even though one can debate their mathematical formulas and basically their real value.

Further, I just said PFF ranks Dak as having a considerable drop off in terms of QB ranking going to his second read. So how can I say throw away all stats? I’ve never said Dak isn’t a good one-read QB that can throw the deep ball when he knows where he’s going with it. Whoopity-doo, so does pretty much any MFL QB does with great blocking up front and a running game to match, thus Goff. This issue with professions been said by guys like Witten even when they were announcers, before PFF had their ranking.

The point is, they have him as a horrible second progression QB, after Witten said it for example, for 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons, though I don’t know if they even ranked him this year in this regard. But his play doesn’t support any improvement in that area when PFF has magically put him in contention for MVP, while having a losing record.

And PFF is heading down the path of hypocrisy, because Dak’s garbage time stats weren’t winning any games, so he can’t be in consideration for MVP.
And PFF has entered the gambling arena and QB rating per PFFs own measurement is influenced by stats on the field. And PFF has never considered Dak as an MVP anyways despite his ‘high’ QB rating, so using it for 2020 is bogus, even though he was turning the ball over at a high rate and had awful ratings in the 4th when down by 7, meaning the game was on the line.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
When Dalton wins, it’s because his defense forces turnovers. But when Dak loses, it’s not because he commits TOs, even though he had 7 in five games.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why is Dak the guy? The team was basically 0-4 (yeah, we all know the Atl game was a loss except for Atl stupidity and a one in a million watermelon kick) and leading the winless and hapless Giants by a couple points halfway into the 3rd quarter.

Stats? Is that why he is the guy? Leadership? When was the last time Dak got in the face of a knucklehead and chewed him out? Players do not fear Dak. Players like him. Is that why he is the guy? Is it the way he reads defenses and audibles?

Just to clarify the Giants game. Go back and look at the full play by play.

The only reason they actually started winning is because Moore stopped “Dak-attack” and basically started force-feeding Zeke. They were actually losing when the ball was in the hands of Dak.

Remember, this was also with Martin playing the whole game. Then Dalton came in, Moore kept running the ball, and then Dalton won it.

KB1122

Reaction score
so being within 3 points, with 3 minutes to go is empty calories...got it! :thumbup:

If you're down 20 and had to work to get there, then yes, it is.

I don't fault Dak, or any quarterback, for doing their best to make a 20-point comeback. But it doesn't happen much.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Notice how you said not one word about Dak in your reply. That speaks volumes. Divert and spin but never answer the question.
:huh:

you are clearly grasping at straws at this point, which sign of desparation. you have been going down that path for a little while now, becoming more obvious by the post

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you really just compare Mahomes (who is a generational and transcendent talent who was just in 2 consecutive super bowls) to Dak freaking Prescott?

Really?

Really?!?!?!

:facepalm:

The lengths that folks are going to convince themselves that Dak is worth a team-crushing contract are getting absurd.
well, its their logic. if any QB makes more than 40M, the team is doomed..... so I put mahomes in their face to see their spin.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, I didn’t say “throw away all statistics”. What I said is things like MVP are subjective nonsense, unlike their other stats, even though one can debate their mathematical formulas and basically their real value.

Further, I just said PFF ranks Dak as having a considerable drop off in terms of QB ranking going to his second read. So how can I say throw away all stats? I’ve never said Dak isn’t a good one-read QB that can throw the deep ball when he knows where he’s going with it. Whoopity-doo, so does pretty much any MFL QB does with great blocking up front and a running game to match, thus Goff. This issue with professions been said by guys like Witten even when they were announcers, before PFF had their ranking.

The point is, they have him as a horrible second progression QB, after Witten said it for example, for 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons, though I don’t know if they even ranked him this year in this regard. But his play doesn’t support any improvement in that area when PFF has magically put him in contention for MVP, while having a losing record.

And PFF is heading down the path of hypocrisy, because Dak’s garbage time stats weren’t winning any games, so he can’t be in consideration for MVP.
And PFF has entered the gambling arena and QB rating per PFFs own measurement is influenced by stats on the field. And PFF has never considered Dak as an MVP anyways despite his ‘high’ QB rating, so using it for 2020 is bogus, even though he was turning the ball over at a high rate and had awful ratings in the 4th when down by 7, meaning the game was on the line.
so you like the second progression QB crap stat, but don't like the other stats and spinning it as meaningless...

got it, its just more spin :thumbup: