Undisputed-Skip and Shannon: Problem with Cowboys expecting Dak to take less to stay in Dallas

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not seen anything on the PS portion of your post. Do you have proof of that statement or is it just the hatred you have for Dak? Goodness Pappy, sometimes I wonder if your even a Cowboy fan.

When the day comes where being a Cowboy fan involves supporting a inept QB or any other single player that simply is not up to the Job that will be the day after 40 years I will stop being a Cowboy fan....
Giving Dak a monster contract will destroy our team!

Now are you a Dak fan or a Cowboy fan bud this is the question??????

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, first of all Zeke has 2 years left on his deal, he's a free agent after 2020, Dak's a free agent after this year. Yes he deserves a new deal, but that's an argument the team can make for not giving him a new deal this year. So I don't agree a new deal is a gimmie.

Second, the money we're talking about is much different, there are 17 quarterbacks with average salaries over $20 mil a year, no running back is even at $15 mil, at least to date per Sportrac. So it's not as big a deal to the team, money-wise.

Third Zeke does have the suspension, Dak's been totally "clean" as far as the NFL is concerned. Now we can believe and agree that Zeke's suspension was unwarranted or just plain wrong, but he WAS suspended, Cowboys can bring that up if they choose.

I don't see Zeke will get a new contract this year, but it's up to the Cowboys, not saying it may not happen..

Zeke will become another Smith #22 holdout and you know he has the Talent and is simply that crucial to out team!
Can the same be said about Dak?
Nope.....no way Dak has the Ba@@@ to hold out from a dream Job even he knows he doesn't deserve....

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
When the day comes where being a Cowboy fan involves supporting a inept QB or any other single player that simply is not up to the Job that will be the day after 40 years I will stop being a Cowboy fan....
Giving Dak a monster contract will destroy our team!

Now are you a Dak fan or a Cowboy fan bud this is the question??????
both.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
One things sure at this point - barring critical injuries, regardless of if he's given another contract, with Zeke around all year, the line healthy and fully stocked again, with the addition of Cobb, Cooper with a full off season, security blanket Witten back, the addition of Quinn and Iloka, Smith and VanderEsch with another off season to get in sync and maybe a stud draftee at no. 58, Dak will show if he's "the real deal", or if we've seen the best that Dak can be...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
why? he has to take less then then whom? he isnt even considered borderline Elite,

so LESS than $30-35 elite QBs like RW and AR

UMM YES hes taking less hes a 25mil per year guy, I wouldnt even give him Cousins and Satfford money, I know those are stat guys like ROMO but cousins dropped 30 passing tds to only 10picks..Dak would have to combine 2 yrs to outdo that, as player at any postion the stas are wahat you are paid to do the other intangibles you can consider but you cant overpay a guy because the top of the market changed

..i know they arent winning anything and are way overpaid, carr at 27mil also is overpaid but thats where Dak belongs in the 10-12 pay scale of QBs and that put him starting at 25 thats what id offer, tell him take it or leave it because if he wants more he may lose Zeke and Aamri, with Texas Taxes being so much less , Housing cheaper, and market huge for making marketing and ADD bucks, Stephen should be an easy sell at 25..logic says thats what he should take..if they strong arm their way to 27 maybe SJ settles their like he did with Tank..

Id like to hear how 25million is somehow giving us discount taking into consideration Daks production and where hes playing..its his second contract vs RW third, RW proved he could jump from 22 to 35 still not worth it but he had his best year as pro ast year . we can revisit Dak when he elevates himself into a 34 td low INT guy..its not hate its reality.25mil is highest on team and its truly his market and where hes at as player..2 mil to 25 mil will insult him? I say goodbye if they are trying to get 30+
His contract can always be redone if and when he has the results first.

Pay him as a top 10 QB and go from there.

If in 2 years he is at the top of the heap..

Pay him then.

Paying on potential is really dangerous.

We did that with Romo and it did not work out.

Are we really going to do that again?

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't understand how a team can pay their DE $21 million AAV, and then turn around and ask the QB to do a team friendly deal.

1) QB is a more important position
2)”Team Friendly” just means below ridiculous in this instance. Above 30 would make it hard for Dallas to keep talent around him. Under 30, he’d still be filthy rich, but they win more.