Undisputed-Skip on Mark Schlereth:Agree with Jerry Jones that Cowboys will win more then 10

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
6, 7 wins , I'm a realist, hope I'm wrong but Jerry's predictions scare me.
Luck will play a big part.

And suspensions are never far away for us..

And injuries..to whom and how long will help us like in 2016..

Or do like 2018 where we lost like the all the offensive OL starters over the season and shuffled backups.

Hopefully we just keep healthy..

We'll see.

I hate the endless string of hammies injuries we seem to always do.

But good news..

Beasley is gone.

No more of him being 'day-to-day' with his hammies.

Good luck keeping those muscles warm and flexible in Buffalo, Bease.

I can't wait to see the camera close up on his face during a game.

It's cold in Buffalo in December.

He is not going to be inside with 78 degrees like AT&T Stadium.

He messed up going there I think.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Luck will play a big part.

And suspensions are never far away for us..

And injuries..to whom and how long will help us like in 2016..

Or do like 2018 where we lost like the all the offensive OL starters over the season and shuffled backups.

Hopefully we just keep healthy..

We'll see.

I hate the endless string of hammies injuries we seem to always do.

But good news..

Beasley is gone.

No more of him being 'day-to-day' with his hammies.

Good luck keeping those muscles warm and flexible in Buffalo, Bease.

I can't wait to see the camera close up on his face during a game.

It's cold in Buffalo in December.

He is not going to be inside with 78 degrees like AT&T Stadium.

He messed up going there I think.
I think Bease will miss the Cowboy game. tight hammies or something along those lines is what they'll say on the IR. I really think it'll be because he's grown fond of his head being attached to his body. It won't be for long going over the middle or catching slants with Jaylon roaming around back there.

ultron

Reaction score
Sharpe is such a babbling moron. Does the idiot not realize there’s only a two game scheduling difference based on where you finished the previous year? In addition, the two first place teams you have to play aren’t necessarily going to be the best teams in their division THIS year.

I think at this point it's just banter, I have a hard time believing he actually hates the Cowboys that much. I think it's more of an ongoing thing with skip. Stephen A Smith on the other hand really does hate the cowboys that much, and I prefer Shannon over SAS.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Schlereth was a 'diamond among trash' on that set. The only rational, intelligent, knowledgeable guy capable of actually talking football like a grownup. Flanked by idiots, with one in particular not having a leg to stand on and simply resorting to the blame game. How Sharpe continues to have that job is beyond me, and Schlereth looked to be shaking his head by the end of the segment as well.

Haha yep. I honestly didn't even watch anything but Schlereth, I just wanted to see if he mentioned it because I knew he had it. I got about 5 seconds into Sharpe talking before I quickly said "nope" and exited.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Schedule talk is BS. This year they still play the eagles, giants, Commanders, they play the NFC north and AFC East and they play the saints which they played in 2018, and the Rams. So outside the rams and saints their schedule is not that much "harder" than say the Giants. If anything the overall scedules for the NFCE are easier than they were last year Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions are not better than the teams they played from the NFC South, The AFC East beyond NE is worse than the AFC South.
They are a first-place team playing other first-place teams. Don't go telling me that doesn't make a difference.

Fire407

Reaction score
Did you see him fidgeting when Skippy was pontificating? And I love his response to Sharpe about Quinn "just watch". I was waiting for Sharpe to respond "Oh yeah? Watch yo momma"!

What's funny is to see people respond here to that as if it's real. The entire schtick between those two morons is scripted. It's like watching Jane Curtain and Dan Ackroyd do point/counterpoint on SNL, only not funny. "Skip, you ignorant slut".
I'm sure most people here are going Jane who? I was in college back then so I'm right there with you. Almost everything on TV these days is scripted, including the so called Reality Shows, A producer of a show is not going to take the chance that nothing interesting will happen, so they generate the drama.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha yep. I honestly didn't even watch anything but Schlereth, I just wanted to see if he mentioned it because I knew he had it. I got about 5 seconds into Sharpe talking before I quickly said "nope" and exited.

Smart man.
:thumbup:

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Cowboys haven't had consistent success in a long time. I recall our 12-4 season years ago being followed by 4-12.

So......I see 6-10 this year.

Manster68

Reaction score
Gallup is clearly #2.
Deepest OL we've ever had.
Only questions on D is Gregory's playing status & who starts at SS.
Better RB depth with both rookies having speed. Pollard is the wildcard how we use him.
Well said Cowboy fan!
I'll go one better; this is the deepest and most talented defensive line Dallas ever had. There have been better starting defensive lines, but never the quality depth this unit has.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Schlereth was a 'diamond among trash' on that set. The only rational, intelligent, knowledgeable guy capable of actually talking football like a grownup. Flanked by idiots, with one in particular not having a leg to stand on and simply resorting to the blame game. How Sharpe continues to have that job is beyond me, and Schlereth looked to be shaking his head by the end of the segment as well.
I thought his history with the illness was a surprise.

Beard looks good for a full recovery at this point.

We have rebuilt both lines now.

Time to play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought his history with the illness was a surprise.

Beard looks good for a full recovery at this point.

We have rebuilt both lines now.

Time to play.

I had heard from Schlereth before about his own Guillan Barre experience. And that was a big part of my optimism for Frederick. As they alluded to, his condition was disagnosed far sooner than Schketerh's was and he has much better medical treatment now available. And he still has an additional four months of recovery time as well.

I expect him back to his dominant self.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I had heard from Schlereth before about his own Guillan Barre experience. And that was a big part of my optimism for Frederick. As they alluded to, his condition was disagnosed far sooner than Schketerh's was and he has much better medical treatment now available. And he still has an additional four months of recovery time as well.

I expect him back to his dominant self.
Losing him was like losing a Bob Lilly type player.

Be much more confident when I see them all heathy and playing together.

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree that we’ll be a better team, but could very well STILL win only 9 or 10.

jrumann59

Reaction score
They are a first-place team playing other first-place teams. Don't go telling me that doesn't make a difference.
So 1/8 of their schedule. Do you believe the rams to be as good s they were last year, the Saints. There is your 1st place schexule

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sharpe is such a babbling moron. Does the idiot not realize there’s only a two game scheduling difference based on where you finished the previous year? In addition, the two first place teams you have to play aren’t necessarily going to be the best teams in their division THIS year.

What you said about last year's record only accounting for 2 games is true and I've said that many times. But what also is true is because of the rotating division scheduling the Cowboys also play 2 more 2018 playoff teams one of them the current Super Bowl champions. Not just because of those 2 games, but the Cowboys have a pretty tough schedule this season.

ghst187

Reaction score
Anything less than 10 wins is a huge disappointment and I would hope finally get JG dismissed...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Anything less than 10 wins is a huge disappointment and I would hope finally get JG dismissed...
Anything less than an NFCCG appearance is a huge disappointment and I would hope finally get JG dismissed...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What you said about last year's record only accounting for 2 games is true and I've said that many times. But what also is true is because of the rotating division scheduling the Cowboys also play 2 more 2018 playoff teams one of them the current Super Bowl champions. Not just because of those 2 games, but the Cowboys have a pretty tough schedule this season.

Yes, but generally speaking several previous year’s playoff teams aren’t playoff caliber teams the following year. It pretty much happens every year where 3-5 playoff teams from the previous year fall off in the upcoming season. So, you can never really know how tough the schedule will actually be until you see the teams in action. You can guess about it, but you’ll be right about 50% of the time. I think this is the year New England starts to fall back to the pack and the rest of that division sucks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So 1/8 of their schedule. Do you believe the rams to be as good s they were last year, the Saints. There is your 1st place schexule
Did you not see their draft? They got better too. These are very good teams we are playing, better than last season.