Undisputed-Skip on Mark Schlereth:Agree with Jerry Jones that Cowboys will win more then 10

jrumann59

Reaction score
Did you not see their draft? They got better too. These are very good teams we are playing, better than last season.
And some teams regress. Rams lost a lot of people on that defense. Again strength of schedule argument is garbage. Because at the end of the year if you beat most of the teams on your schedule they will have a lower winning percentage.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And some teams regress. Rams lost a lot of people on that defense. Again strength of schedule argument is garbage. Because at the end of the year if you beat most of the teams on your schedule they will have a lower winning percentage.
As long as Las Vegas takes it into account then so will I.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes, but generally speaking several previous year’s playoff teams aren’t playoff caliber teams the following year. It pretty much happens every year where 3-5 playoff teams from the previous year fall off in the upcoming season. So, you can never really know how tough the schedule will actually be until you see the teams in action. You can guess about it, but you’ll be right about 50% of the time. I think this is the year New England starts to fall back to the pack and the rest of that division sucks.

Like you said, we'll have to wait and see. BTW several of the analysts have said the Cowboys have anywhere from the 2nd to 4th toughest schedule in the league.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stink hates the Cowboys. I'm surprised he said what he said. Hearing him talk about his experience with the same disease that Travis has was good to hear. Sounds like Stink had it harder than Travis did.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schlereth was a 'diamond among trash' on that set. The only rational, intelligent, knowledgeable guy capable of actually talking football like a grownup. Flanked by idiots, with one in particular not having a leg to stand on and simply resorting to the blame game. How Sharpe continues to have that job is beyond me, and Schlereth looked to be shaking his head by the end of the segment as well.
Sharpe's input lowers the collective IQ of the room. Must have pics of the producer with farm animals.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think at this point it's just banter, I have a hard time believing he actually hates the Cowboys that much. I think it's more of an ongoing thing with skip. Stephen A Smith on the other hand really does hate the cowboys that much, and I prefer Shannon over SAS.
:muttley:It's all a degree, isn't it?
I prefer a smart *** to a dumb *** any day. I'll take SAS over Sharpe.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point in time, there’s really too many unknowns to make a solid end-of-December prediction.

Off the top of my head, as of yet:

• Totally inexperienced/untested OC
• No clear #2 WR
• Despite re-signing Witten, TE dependability is still unknown
• Possible health and experienced depth issues on the O-line
• Other than the LBs and D-Law, all kinds of questions on the defense
• (knock on wood) No experienced backups at QB or RB
• Inconsistent kicking game
• Jason Garrett is still the head coach, so mindless game-management moves are still possible

Other than any/all of the above, we should be a lock for the SB.
add to your list, poor blocking schemes, both on run and pass plays, which I doubt will be corrected.
Cowboys should make playoffs, but the decade long trend , if it holds they wont win the div again, which means
10-6 or less.
I think they lose
2 div games
2 afc east games
2-4 of the tough conf games, so a minimum of 6 losses.
these are the tough conf games
Sept. 29 at New Orleans 7:20 pm NBC
Oct. 6 GREEN BAY 3:25 pm FOX
Nov. 10 MINNESOTA 7:20 pm NBC
Nov. 17 at Detroit 12:00 pm FOX
Dec. 5 at Chicago 7:20 pm FOX / NFLN
Dec. 15 LA Rams 3:25 pm FOX
They will at most win 4 of these games.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
add to your list, poor blocking schemes, both on run and pass plays, which I doubt will be corrected.
Cowboys should make playoffs, but the decade long trend , if it holds they wont win the div again, which means
10-6 or less.
I think they lose
2 div games
2 afc east games
2-4 of the tough conf games, so a minimum of 6 losses.
these are the tough conf games
Sept. 29 at New Orleans 7:20 pm NBC
Oct. 6 GREEN BAY 3:25 pm FOX
Nov. 10 MINNESOTA 7:20 pm NBC
Nov. 17 at Detroit 12:00 pm FOX
Dec. 5 at Chicago 7:20 pm FOX / NFLN
Dec. 15 LA Rams 3:25 pm FOX
They will at most win 4 of these games.

So you sit in on all of the meetings and film sessions for the offensive line and also have a long career as a offensive line coach and that is how you determined the poor blocking schemes? Seeing that the camera follows the ball and we see a lineman's play in a replay if he made a great block or a poor one, but seldom do we see the ENTIRE line blocking or able to know what the scheme for that play was.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you sit in on all of the meetings and film sessions for the offensive line and also have a long career as a offensive line coach and that is how you determined the poor blocking schemes? Seeing that the camera follows the ball and we see a lineman's play in a replay if he made a great block or a poor one, but seldom do we see the ENTIRE line blocking or able to know what the scheme for that play was.
Well I dont need to do all that to diagnose a play, and what happened, all I need is a recording of the game, run it in slo motion
over and over and look at what the guy who tackles elliot, or dak in the backfield did, and what our linemen did.
you can see some things on the original play , then replays give different views.

Coaches tend to have tunnel vision, they only know what they were taught themselves.
you dont need years of coaching or playing to diagnose plays.
The only area I cant diagnose is things that happen in the secondary, as not much is shown on that.

I dont blame the dallas linemen, they are just doing what they are coached to do.
I also see the same flaws with other teams, so it isnt just dallas.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well I dont need to do all that to diagnose a play, and what happened, all I need is a recording of the game, run it in slo motion
over and over and look at what the guy who tackles elliot, or dak in the backfield did, and what our linemen did.
you can see some things on the original play , then replays give different views.

Coaches tend to have tunnel vision, they only know what they were taught themselves.
you dont need years of coaching or playing to diagnose plays.
The only area I cant diagnose is things that happen in the secondary, as not much is shown on that.

I dont blame the dallas linemen, they are just doing what they are coached to do.
I also see the same flaws with other teams, so it isnt just dallas.

WOW, I'm so totally surprised that some team hasn't just snatched you up as a coach or special advisor. Here's a thought for you. Maybe, just maybe you're confusing your god given out of this world gift of KNOWING schemes as just seeing a player who missed his assignment or a defensive player who just made a fantastic play both having ZERO to do with the actual scheme the coaches have taught. Then you as self proclaim expert say that unlike you who does all of your critiquing from his couch, professional coaches "tend to have tunnel vision, they only know what they have been taught". So what your saying is you know more than actual professional coaches. How do you get that head of yours with that enormous the size of 3 states of Texas ego get through any doorway?