Undisputed-Skip & Shannon debate: Who's more likely to win the NFC East Cowboys or Eagles?

Sydla

Reaction score
Ertz put up solid numbers against us the 1st game with 145 yards and 2 TDs, the second game not so much. Jarwin and Blake did just as well. I'd hardly call Goeddert the 2nd best TE. Mid 20's maybe.

2nd best TE between the two teams. Nowhere did I reference ranking across the league.

I'd take Goeddert over any of our TEs right now. There's no question the Eagles have better TEs.

Sydla

Reaction score

Tavon Austin? LOL. The guy who can't stay on the field and when he can, he's just blah?

The Eagles and Cowboys WRs are pretty comparable. Cooper might be the best of the bunch but after that.......... you could argue that Desean Jackson is as good, if not better than Gallup (Gallup still has a lot to prove) and Agholor is as good as Cobb (who is coming off an injury). TE is a no contest at this point. Ertz gives them such a big advantage.

People are just injecting homerism if they think the Cowboys clearly have better and more weapons than Philly. It's actually pretty close.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Philly is a 8-8 team. Period.

QB - Dallas
RB - Dallas (not even close)
OL - Dallas
WR/TE - Dallas (not even close)
DL - Philly (barely)
LB - Dallas (not even close)
CB - Dallas
ST - Philly
Coaching - Philly

I just dont see Philly being that good. Peter King is an east coast dallas hater. Period.
According to many on these boards so is Dallas. (8-8)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
2nd best TE between the two teams. Nowhere did I reference ranking across the league.

I'd take Goeddert over any of our TEs right now. There's no question the Eagles have better TEs.
Lol, Fair enough, but Goeddert is not very good. Even as an older player I don't see how you don't prefer Witten, unless you're just looking to argue.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Cowboys owns the Eagles. Even during the Super Bowl season. Prescott is going to come right out of the gate with confidence passion this is the season he proves he belongs to be America's quarterback
I love me some positive thinkin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Basically they have better coaching and QB when healthy.

We have a better roster.

It’s a coin flip.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, Fair enough, but Goeddert is not very good. Even as an older player I don't see how you don't prefer Witten, unless you're just looking to argue.

I'd trade Jason Witten for Goedert straight up and I question the sanity of any fan who wouldn't.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd trade Jason Witten for Goedert straight up and I question the sanity of any fan who wouldn't.
Lol, I'm sure you would. Based on what though? 335 yards? Good call.

I guess we'll see if he's worth a 2nd and 5th round picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, I'm sure you would. Based on what though? 335 yards? Good call.

I guess we'll see if he's worth a 2nd and 5th round picks.

You realize he was the backup, right? He caught 33 balls for over 10 yards per catch and 4 TDs as a rookie (Witten caught only 5 TDs the last time he was THE STARTER in 2017).

I seriously question the sanity of any fan that would willingly chose an aging, clearly on the decline TE who hasn't played in a year over a talented 2nd year TE who had a pretty decent rookie season playing behind one of the best TEs in football.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You realize he was the backup, right? He caught 33 balls for over 10 yards per catch and 4 TDs as a rookie (Witten caught only 5 TDs the last time he was THE STARTER in 2017).

I seriously question the sanity of any fan that would willingly chose an aging, clearly on the decline TE who hasn't played in a year over a talented 2nd year TE who had a pretty decent rookie season playing behind one of the best TEs in football.
I get it. You've repeated that you question people's sanity, no need to KEEP posting it over and over. Your opinion is superior, and you win the internet. Feel better?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Wentz is overrated, and with no Foles to rescue them, they are 8-8 at best.

Flamma

Reaction score
Philly is a 8-8 team. Period.

QB - Dallas
RB - Dallas (not even close)
OL - Dallas
WR/TE - Dallas (not even close)
DL - Philly (barely)
LB - Dallas (not even close)
CB - Dallas
ST - Philly
Coaching - Philly

I just dont see Philly being that good. Peter King is an east coast dallas hater. Period.

I don't see it this way, but I am more often wrong than I am right. So I'm hoping you're right and may God bless your brain.

As far as QBs go, Wentz has shown he can be pretty good given the weapons around him. I wouldn't give Dallas much of an edge, however Wentz does seem to get injured.

Dallas has the better OL when healthy, but don't be surprised if that doesn't translate into a big advantage. All Philly has to do is be solid against the run and give Carson enough time to pass. I expect they'll do both.

I don't see much if any advantage at WR/TE. But hey, a lot of their success is heavily reliant on the OL/QB, and defensive backs covering them.

I agree mostly with the rest. All except the coaches. I don't think either one could coach a cat down from a tree. Both have their moments. Scott just happened to step in it a few years ago. He got outcoached by Garrett last year at home, and with a supposedly superior team.

mmohican29

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to hammer the Eagles. We've separated from them in my opinion.

I see maybe 3 positional advantages between both sides of the ball. Ertz @ TE, Cox @ DT, and Jenkins @ S.

Dallas is as good, or better at all others. Frederick coming back is huge.

We've won 4 of 6 as it stands right now. Swept last season. We're deep, talented, and extremely young. We have a top 5 RB and top 10 WR. We have Pro Bowl Elite talent on both sides of the ball. We should have vastly improved health.

If Dallas doesn't win the Division Garrett is surely gone. Honestly, I'd let him go for losing the NFC Championship game if the team plays in it.

There are no excuses. This is a young, hungry, stout, fast, and physical football team that should fear no opponent.

Forget these bums like King and Prisco. They only are looking at what they want to see, playing to the masses, and hoping for "I told you so" moment a year from now.

Not happening.

We will roll this season.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Tavon Austin? LOL. The guy who can't stay on the field and when he can, he's just blah?

The Eagles and Cowboys WRs are pretty comparable. Cooper might be the best of the bunch but after that.......... you could argue that Desean Jackson is as good, if not better than Gallup (Gallup still has a lot to prove) and Agholor is as good as Cobb (who is coming off an injury). TE is a no contest at this point. Ertz gives them such a big advantage.

People are just injecting homerism if they think the Cowboys clearly have better and more weapons than Philly. It's actually pretty close.

You could argue Jackson is better than Gallup. You could- but the guy can't stay healthy and is aging pretty rapidly or he'd still be welcome in Tampa.

The Prescott/Gallup connection misfired on alot of surefire TD's last season however, and you make it sound like Awuzie and Jones all of a sudden are going to have a panic attack because ancient DeSean "Sting dey *** and take the L" Jackson is opposite Jeffery. LMAO.

Give me the team with Cooper who went off for almost 400 yards receiving against the team Jackson plays for in two games.

Cooper is just getting warmed up here. No way Philly is close to Dallas at WR.