UNLV QB quits team over $100K NIL deal

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

gtb1943

Reaction score
It wasn’t fair these colleges were making billions and students were barely getting meal plans….something had to give.
this was probably always going to happen and the NCAA could have gotten out in front of this with a plan but that would mean you would have to have a NCAA that was competent and not corrupt
now its just going to be very dirty and honestly I think this could be the death knell of college football.
Could take some years but the spirit and fun that was college football is disappearing quickly at the major level; which probably was always inevitable
Division 3 is where you go for the old fashioned days

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
this was probably always going to happen and the NCAA could have gotten out in front of this with a plan but that would mean you would have to have a NCAA that was competent and not corrupt
now its just going to be very dirty and honestly I think this could be the death knell of college football.
Could take some years but the spirit and fun that was college football is disappearing quickly at the major level; which probably was always inevitable
Division 3 is where you go for the old fashioned days
I don’t know man….there’s was always under the table dealings. Kids were unofficially getting paid or it would go to their parents and they wouldn’t sss anything.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don’t know man….there’s was always under the table dealings. Kids were unofficially getting paid or it would go to their parents and they wouldn’t sss anything.
it was never anywhere near as bad as what we are looking at now
but its also so blatant; and also the players now are so greedy
well everyone now is so greedy
I guess its natural when so much money is around-that is probably the thing that really did it. in the last 20 years so much more money is out there.
like I said time to find a local division 3 school and enjoy college football as it once was

John813

Reaction score
I think the NIL should of been better handled in terms of funding and who could pay for it.

I get there will always be top teams. Parity in CFB was never a thing. But to me it's wild hearing some of these NIL deals and how much the range the prices are. I don't want to limit pay per say, but to me it's wild some can offer 7 figures to win over players.