Until the end of the season, can we

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
change the name of this site to "extremeboys.com"?

The way this place has split personality, I see no difference between it and the one many laugh at "extremeskins.com". Might as well make it official.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4291844 said:

The way this place has split personality, I see no difference between it and the one many laugh at "extremeskins.com". Might as well make it official.
Dear Lord ain't that the truth! The knee jerk, irrational, overemotional crap that gets spewed in here is unreal.

jgboys1

Reaction score
LandryFan;4291997 said:
Dear Lord ain't that the truth! The knee jerk, irrational, overemotional crap that gets spewed in here is unreal.

Yes it is. Tom Landry would have been fired after his 1st game, if it was up to the majority of people on this board.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
This site is no different from any other social site.

It combines and incorporates a diverse set of personalities. Consequently, you're going to get a wide-range of opinions, some conflicting, from week to week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;4292005 said:
This site is no different from any other social site.

It combines and incorporates a diverse set of personalities. Consequently, you're going to get a wide-range of opinions, some conflicting, from week to week.

People are dumb everywhere? That's the excuse?

Sorry, but our fans are louder and whinier than most, because they think they're entitled to it, because we've got a big bandwagon, and because we've got such a high concentration of Texans.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Idgit;4292026 said:
People are dumb everywhere? That's the excuse?

Sorry, but our fans are louder and whinier than most, because they think they're entitled to it, because we've got a big bandwagon, and because we've got such a high concentration of Texans.

It's not an excuse. It's a fact.

Humans are a diverse lot.

Deal with it.

LandryFan

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4292029 said:
It's not an excuse. It's a fact.

Humans are a diverse lot.

Deal with it.
If it's ok for them to whine, then it's ok for me to whine about them whining. ;)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
LandryFan;4292034 said:
If it's ok for them to whine, then it's ok for me to whine about them whining. ;)

Precisely.

There's nothing wrong with a good meta-whine -- a distant cousin of the meta-narrative.:D

Eskimo

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4291844 said:

Right on the nosey, CCF.

This place has flipped its lid.

Garrett took a gamble - he had more faith in his kicker than his OL. I don''t know if he makes that mistake again as his kicker has proven himself mortal.

cbow44

Reaction score
jgboys1;4292000 said:
Yes it is. Tom Landry would have been fired after his 1st game, if it was up to the majority of people on this board.

can you imagine after Jimmy's first year, 1-15. he is just a college coach, fire him, his assistants can't coach.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Eskimo;4292042 said:
Right on the nosey, CCF.

This place has flipped its lid.

Garrett took a gamble - he had more faith in his kicker than his OL. I don''t know if he makes that mistake again as his kicker has proven himself mortal.
JG had a logical reason for doing it the way he did it. Many don't agree with his logic, and that's ok, but to say he was a fool, idiot, and any number of other unflattering things just shows ignorance. He had seconds to make his decision, everyone else got to second guess after the fact. Hindsight makes a lot of people feel like geniuses and goads them into casting stones. I don't like the outcome and, in hindsight :D , wish he had attempted to move the ball closer. I'm putting myself on the record as saying that I believe JG will be a great HC and just hope it's for the Cowboys. I believe he will make all this madness be a distant memory in the near future.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
LandryFan;4292075 said:
JG had a logical reason for doing it the way he did it. Many don't agree with his logic, and that's ok, but to say he was a fool, idiot, and any number of other unflattering things just shows ignorance. He had seconds to make his decision, everyone else got to second guess after the fact. Hindsight makes a lot of people feel like geniuses and goads them into casting stones. I don't like the outcome and, in hindsight :D , wish he had attempted to move the ball closer. I'm putting myself on the record as saying that I believe JG will be a great HC and just hope it's for the Cowboys. I believe he will make all this madness be a distant memory in the near future.

I disagree in that, that Decision by Garrett was idiotic, no two ways about it. Not the call for icing the kicker, but decision not to take time out.

But at the same time, all nay sayers and idiot fans are out in full force, waiting for somethign like this to spout, the "I Told you so" about Garrett.

Having said that, as much I called Jason Garrett an idiot for his decision for this game, it also doesn't change my mind about Jason being the one to bring back glory to Cowboys one day. Short term set backs are bound to happen, an every now and then even Great Coaches have brain hiccups.

Kind of like Landry not deciding between Roger and Morton, or Jimmy not thinking Aikman was the answer. In this internet and instant gratification age, any mistake is magnified 10 times. Especially when it comes to cowboys, when you have an idiot Owner, who feeds the media frenzy himself, in questioning coaches or players.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
jgboys1;4292000 said:

did Landry ever make a mistake this ********?

LandryFan

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;4292177 said:
I disagree in that, that Decision by Garrett was idiotic, no two ways about it. Not the call for icing the kicker, but decision not to take time out.

But at the same time, all nay sayers and idiot fans are out in full force, waiting for somethign like this to spout, the "I Told you so" about Garrett.

Having said that, as much I called Jason Garrett an idiot for his decision for this game, it also doesn't change my mind about Jason being the one to bring back glory to Cowboys one day. Short term set backs are bound to happen, an every now and then even Great Coaches have brain hiccups.

Kind of like Landry not deciding between Roger and Morton, or Jimmy not thinking Aikman was the answer. In this internet and instant gratification age, any mistake is magnified 10 times. Especially when it comes to cowboys, when you have an idiot Owner, who feeds the media frenzy himself, in questioning coaches or players.
Just for clarity, I agree that he should have called the TO immediately and run another play or two. I thought so at the time and I think that now. I am just saying I understand (don't agree with) his logic. We definitely had had a number of negative plays in the running game, with pass protection, and with penalties. He was conservative when I wish that he had been more of an attacker.

TheStar

Reaction score
BanditHiro;4292192 said:
did Landry ever make a mistake this ********?

Well considering it took Landry 6 years to even get a team to .500 I'm guessing he probably did. This mess of a team continues until the players decide its time to win. A time out, a clock it....blah blah blah.......This group is just mediocre and the coach isn't the biggest issue.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
LandryFan;4291997 said:

I know right? Win and we're headed to the Super Bowl. Lose and it's time for Garrett to be fired and Romo cut.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
LandryFan;4292200 said:
Just for clarity, I agree that he should have called the TO immediately and run another play or two. I thought so at the time and I think that now. I am just saying I understand (don't agree with) his logic. We definitely had had a number of negative plays in the running game, with pass protection, and with penalties. He was conservative when I wish that he had been more of an attacker.[/QUOTE]

:hammer: And that has been my biggest issue with Garrett on this game. Play to not to lose the game. I hate the mentality. Sure, you don't gamble all the time, but at the same time, do what Sean Payton did in SB. Go for the gamble when it requires. In this case it wouldn't have been a big gamble either. For the record, I didn't think Payton gamble was good, but I love his guts in doing that though.

I understand there were risks. But if you are not going to take risks in regular season game, how the heck is he going to do that in Playoffs etc.? Prevent only prevents winning, IMO.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
jgboys1;4292000 said:

Possibly. But the TRUTH is that even in the day there were many fans clamoring for him to be fired. The difference? Electronic media and a virtual meeting place like this one did not exist. There was no 24 hour sports channel, no NFL channel, no live games with chat, not even NFL Films... none of it.

Had there been- it would be obvious that the more things change...

What was different then was that the NFL was not the billion dollar instant gratification money machine that it is today. Times were simpler, there were no millionaires taking the field, no pressure to succeed immediately or else.

Yes indeed... some things have changed, but we fans are about the same. Passion for the game by the fans is what has made the NFL what it has become today. For better, or for worse.

LandryFan

Reaction score
[/quote]And that has been my biggest issue with Garrett on this game. Play to not to lose the game. I hate the mentality. Sure, you don't gamble all the time, but at the same time, do what Sean Payton did in SB. Go for the gamble when it requires. In this case it wouldn't have been a big gamble either. For the record, I didn't think Payton gamble was good, but I love his guts in doing that though. I understand there were risks. But if you are not going to take risks in regular season game, how the heck is he going to do that in Playoffs etc.? Prevent only prevents winning, IMO.[/quote]

Well, the gamble would not have been anywhere near Peyton's gamble in either probability of success or consequence of failure. Having said that, he was very inconsistent in the way he managed that game, IMHO. Kick a FG from 53 yds (missed), punt from 52 yds. Kicking one from 50 yds (barely made), then, after punting rather than attempting a 52 yarder, saying he was very comfortable attempting from 49 yds. Almost going for it on 4th and 1 at one point in the game, then backing down on 1st down near the end of the game when a few more yards would have been preferred. Kind of puzzling, but I still truly believe he will be an outstanding coach for us by the time it's all said and done. BTW, not sure I got the sequence of those events right, but you get my point, I'm sure.