Twitter: Update from Randy Gregory himself

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Josh Gordon was suspended five times in 8 seasons. If he could be reinstated all those times... No reason for rg not to be imo.

Plenty of reasons.........look, Goodell wanna see Randy back in the league doing well IMO. If nothing more than the show the league program works.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well in all fairness, if he played like he did the last time on the field, yeah, he's pretty good.
Yes, I am sure he's stayed in top shape for 2 years and once you have talent you'll never lose it, right, Einstein?:rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe because he has been given more than a bunch of chances. Has already been reinstated once I think. That’s why goodell is in no hurry. He will get to him. His 4th suspension for the same thing. I like him and want him back. But don’t act like it’s your second chance.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well in all fairness, if he played like he did the last time on the field, yeah, he's pretty good.

Let me rephrase: For all the trouble and delays and suspensions he's caused the franchise and your handwriting over hiM ...HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Technically, Gregory is beyond his 2nd chance. This is probably it for him. He messes this up (if given the chance), he's likely done.
Here is a interesting idea. My guess is that the new league rule for weed is retro for all players. Gregory has only been suspended for weed. If he is reinstated and fails for weed then goodell knows he can’t do anything but fine him and I bet it eats him up. He could puff right in front of him. Guessing also goodell feels like Gregory took advantage of him after last time he gave him a good talking too and a “last chance”. This new rule takes some power from him and he isn’t liking it. But he needs to poop or get off the pot.

Sydla

Reaction score
The first sentence said it all.........they have little or no confidence Randy can satisfy Goodell's/league requirement.

You have no idea what that comment means. It could mean that Goodell and the league office have set ever moving targets Gregory has to meet and that they haven't been forthcoming with information, etc.

It's kind of bizarre that people put this much faith into the league office that they are doing this right and by the book given how they continually botch things in this department over and over and over.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Get em’ Randy.

if this was any other team they would have taken care of it and reinstated him.

Oh lawd, here goes the victimhood. Just like they already re-instated Martavius Bryant and Josh Gordon, right? Oh wait, they're not. Guess Goodell hates all teams since they're free agents, right?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You have no idea what that comment means. It could mean that Goodell and the league office have set ever moving targets Gregory has to meet and that they haven't been forthcoming with information, etc.

It's kind of bizarre that people put this much faith into the league office that they are doing this right and by the book given how they continually botch things in this department over and over and over.

And neither do you........."it could mean" ???

Pretty direct statement ......
Cowboys officials make no assumptions on how this turns out.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Yeah..

Something definitely a weird deal here.

We are missing something for sure.

I never like thinking about conspiracy when it comes to Goodell and our team..

but there seems little else to think.

Obviously the team had figured on Randy being available and was going to draft a DL with our #1 pick in the last draft.

Lamb being there was totally a surprise, but knowing Gregory was going to be available factored into taking Lamb instead.

Without Randy playing, the NFL FO has entered into very suspicious behavior since we are now under the new labor agreement.

The Union needs to be addressed about this.

Yesterday.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah..

Something definitely a weird deal here.

We are missing something for sure.

I never like thinking about conspiracy when it comes to Goodell and our team..

but there seems little else to think.

Obviously the team had figured on Randy being available and was going to draft a DL with our #1 pick in the last draft.

Lamb being there was totally a surprise, but knowing Gregory was going to be available factored into taking Lamb instead.

Without Randy playing, the NFL FO has entered into very suspicious behavior since we are now under the new labor agreement.

The Union needs to be addressed about this.

Yesterday.
Likey already in the works, he is just frustrated. Still don’t know if his last test was missed like some said or if he failed. They know now with the new rule that they can’t single him out. He has only been suspended for weed which now is only a fine.

Sydla

Reaction score
And neither do you........."it could mean" ???

Pretty direct statement ......
Cowboys officials make no assumptions on how this turns out.

I never said I did. But I wasn't the one who reached a conclusion like you did. You said that even the Cowboys had no confidence Gregory could meet Goodell's requirements. It could easily mean the Cowboys have no confidence in Goodell/league doing this right.