Updated Mini Big Board

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I like Baun, but not at 17. Chaisson, on the other hand, his uber athleticism and his upside are through the roof although his floor might be lower.

If you are looking for a top end DE to pair opposite of D-Law, Chaisson has the best chance of being that guy in this draft outside of Chase Young.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like Baun, but not at 17. Chaisson, on the other hand, his uber athleticism and his upside are through the roof although his floor might be lower.

If you are looking for a top end DE to pair opposite of D-Law, Chaisson has the best chance of being that guy in this draft outside of Chase Young.

What do you think Chaisson can do that Baun can’t from an upside perspective?

tm1119

Reaction score
1. Young
2. Okudah
3. Simmons
4. Brown
5. Kinlaw
6. Henderson
7. Jeudy
8. Lamb
9. Wirfs
10. Becton
11. Ruggs

3 QB’s + Willis (don’t like that he’s RT with Collins just signed) makes 15. Just comes down to 2 more players going before us to get 1 of those top 11- Likely Jordan Love or Andrew Thomas...or could always be another wild card or 2 thrown in there of course.

Either way I feel good about those 11 players and also feel pretty good about 1 of them being available at 17.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
What do you think Chaisson can do that Baun can’t from an upside perspective?
They are similar, but Chaisson acceleration and closing speed is absolutely insane. I also think he already shows more pass rush moves than Baun but needs to work on technique.

cnuball21

Reaction score
They are similar, but Chaisson acceleration and closing speed is absolutely insane. I also think he already shows more pass rush moves than Baun but needs to work on technique.

I like Chaisonn’s burst, bend and length but would strongly disagree he is more polished as a pass rusher than Baun. Baun already wins in a variety of ways and I don’t see that with Chaisson.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I like Chaisonn’s burst, bend and length but would strongly disagree he is more polished as a pass rusher than Baun. Baun already wins in a variety of ways and I don’t see that with Chaisson.

No where I said he is more polished, but I think he has more tools in the tool box. Does he need to learn how to use them better, yes, but he has a lot of tools.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No where I said he is more polished, but I think he has more tools in the tool box. Does he need to learn how to use them better, yes, but he has a lot of tools.

Oh I see. I mean I guess what I’m getting at is the only tool I see being definitely better is his length and size. He’s more of a traditional DE from a size perspective but I don’t think his get off / bend is better or even at the same level as Bauns and we don’t have comparison as he didn’t participate in the combine.

Bauns 10 yard split is one of the top 3 in the last 20 years when comparing his edge rushers.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
1. Young
2. Okudah
3. Simmons
4. Brown
5. Kinlaw
6. Henderson
7. Jeudy
8. Lamb
9. Wirfs
10. Becton
11. Ruggs

3 QB’s + Willis (don’t like that he’s RT with Collins just signed) makes 15. Just comes down to 2 more players going before us to get 1 of those top 11- Likely Jordan Love or Andrew Thomas...or could always be another wild card or 2 thrown in there of course.

Either way I feel good about those 11 players and also feel pretty good about 1 of them being available at 17.

To me it’s Chaisson or one of the LBs Murray or Baun. I could see a DE, but I’m also sick of relying on the pass rush and how many DEs do they need to draft to find a DE...is Chaisson the only option, couldn’t they find a starter in rounds 2 or 3 for a change at DE. I don’t see a WR, Cooper just got a hundred million

tm1119

Reaction score
To me it’s Chaisson or one of the LBs Murray or Baun. I could see a DE, but I’m also sick of relying on the pass rush and how many DEs do they need to draft to find a DE...is Chaisson the only option, couldn’t they find a starter in rounds 2 or 3 for a change at DE. I don’t see a WR, Cooper just got a hundred million

You are correct, I did forget about Chaisson...he should be #12. I’d be comfortable taking him at 17.

But I honestly don’t care about position. The $20+M we didn’t spend in free agency should have been used to fill needs. The draft should be about getting the best possible player you can get. Cheap labor is immensely important to roster building and missing on high picks is very damaging.
Besides, WR3 is a starting position in today’s nfl and we don’t have a 3rd WR on this roster anywhere near starting material at the moment.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Oh I see. I mean I guess what I’m getting at is the only tool I see being definitely better is his length and size. He’s more of a traditional DE from a size perspective but I don’t think his get off / bend is better or even at the same level as Bauns and we don’t have comparison as he didn’t participate in the combine.

Bauns 10 yard split is one of the top 3 in the last 20 years when comparing his edge rushers.

Chaison's acceleration and closing speed are another level, and he has more pass rush moves than Braun but needs to build consistency with them. I am not sure what his times would have been but you can see another speed with Chaisson and that is very intriguing.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Chaison's acceleration and closing speed are another level, and he has more pass rush moves than Braun but needs to build consistency with them. I am not sure what his times would have been but you can see another speed with Chaisson and that is very intriguing.

I don’t think he has more pass rush moves than Baun. I think Baun wins in more ways now and is a more polished rusher day 1.

I agree, Chaisson appears to have some juice but we won’t know for sure since he didn’t test. Why didn’t he participate at the combine?

Again the only certain advantage I can see as of now is more size and length with Chaisson but if Baun is user correctly I’m not sure that even matters.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I don’t think he has more pass rush moves than Baun. I think Baun wins in more ways now and is a more polished rusher day 1.

I agree, Chaisson appears to have some juice but we won’t know for sure since he didn’t test. Why didn’t he participate at the combine?

Again the only certain advantage I can see as of now is more size and length with Chaisson but if Baun is user correctly I’m not sure that even matters.

I think they both have room to grow, but if you watch the tape on both you can see it quite evidently that Chaisson is more athletic and the speed of Chaisson and closing speed is ridiculous. Him not testing at the combine could be the weight gain and him training at that weight hoping to be ready for pro day, but I will say this, him not testing might be a blessing in disguise but he has legit 4.5 speed and if he did he would jump up in rankings which I think he might be out of reach at 17 just based on him being IMO hands down the 2nd best edge rusher.

I would be thrilled with him at 17.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think they both have room to grow, but if you watch the tape on both you can see it quite evidently that Chaisson is more athletic and the speed of Chaisson and closing speed is ridiculous. Him not testing at the combine could be the weight gain and him training at that weight hoping to be ready for pro day, but I will say this, him not testing might be a blessing in disguise but he has legit 4.5 speed and if he did he would jump up in rankings which I think he might be out of reach at 17 just based on him being IMO hands down the 2nd best edge rusher.

I would be thrilled with him at 17.

Unfortunately since he didn’t run we’re just guessing. Sure, he looks fast on film but I’ve thought others have as well and have off.

Even if he would’ve tested similar to Baun it wouldn’t have changed much for me. In the top 20 I want an NFL athlete and above average production to try and maximize hitting. Chaisson only checks one of those boxes so it’s an upside / traits pick. I really do like the upside, but again, not at 17.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I like Ruggs, but not in the 1st. I also actually think we're going to be fine at C. Everyone is sleeping on McGovern, but he was a top 50 prospect on some boards and has a lot of experience starting at C. He's not going to be Frederick, but I think he can come in and be solid.
New reality after Lamb falls to us at 17 without doubt best player available, and adds performance to offense in his rookie year.