Urban Meyer and Lincoln Riley

garyv

Reaction score
I was curious for those that know what the difference is between Urban Meyer and Lincoln Riley which would be better for the Cowboys and why ? I feel we need a great motivating Coach to get on the players azz and hold them accountable. When I have watched games can either one of these guys actually do that ?

Reactions: CWR

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Meyer has a resume 10 pages long of winning. Winning with his guys. Winning without his guys. Winning big games. Winning not so big games. He has had some decent success with QBs, specifically mobile ones, that went on to be 1st Round NFL draft picks. A RB or two, as well. Huge red flags include the length of his tenure, if you will. He also has alarming health issues, and some form of a conspiracy along with some dirty laundry.

Riley has a few games under his belt, where he has succeed. Many will say it's because of who and what he inherited. He's taken some broken, or not-so-flashy toys and made them work well(QBs). He comes with quite the hefty price though, buying out some odd $24mil worth of contract. Not quite near the history of said coach he's being compared to.

MY vote is for Meyer, hands down, all the way.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
100% I think it will be important to have a resume like Urban does if you are going to balance, demanding respect from the players while appeasing the man-child owner.

Meyer has a resume 10 pages long of winning. Winning with his guys. Winning without his guys. Winning big games. Winning not so big games. He has had some decent success with QBs, specifically mobile ones, that went on to be 1st Round NFL draft picks. A RB or two, as well. Huge red flags include the length of his tenure, if you will. He also has alarming health issues, and some form of a conspiracy along with some dirty laundry.

Riley has a few games under his belt, where he has succeed. Many will say it's because of who and what he inherited. He's taken some broken, or not-so-flashy toys and made them work well(QBs). He comes with quite the hefty price though, buying out some odd $24mil worth of contract. Not quite near the history of said coach he's being compared to.

MY vote is for Meyer, hands down, all the way.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I pray they don't hire Riley just because the odds are against him succeeding, that would end up tanking both of my favorite teams in one fell swoop.

They need a more established guy that has won. These morons will need to have respect for the new coach day one. I fear that they will run over Riley. Meyer, on the other hand, will smash these lazy, entitled losers.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I just watched a couple Meyer pressers. I will say this...the man is intense. The Cowboys need someone who is intense. These clowns have had it too easy for too long. They need a coach they will fear. I want a coach that will put the fear into these underachievers.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Meyer has the track record, Riley is probably a prodigal offensive play designer.

Meyer I trust to play smash mouth football where Riley is more of a finesse game.

Riley at OC, Meyer at HC, and Rivera at DC is a dream team. Chances of it happening are slimmer than this current team going to the SB, but I can dream :(.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3in5p0.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Chill35

Reaction score
We have enough Ohio State players on the team. Don't want a coach from there. Lincoln Riley is a Texas product so best to go with the hometown man.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Belichick is who should be the new coach. I doubt JJ can pull it off. Working for him will not be appealing to a HOF coach that is arguably the best ever.

How did JJ make the HOF? It was mostly off his marketing and endorsement ideas.

His PR dept has to be doing flip flops trying to get him off Garrett's jock. It is beyond wildly unpopular at this point and could permanently damage him with the Cowboy fans.

Reactions: CWR

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'd be happy with either one.
I'd also add Chris Petersen to that list.
all 3 are just really good coaches who make solid adjustments and in-game decisions.

erod

Reaction score
The difference is, with Urban the assistant coaches can beat their wives at will, and he'll cover for them.