Urban Meyer and Lincoln Riley

Aven8

Reaction score
Anyone thinking that Riley is a pushover just because he’s young HAS NO idea what they are talking about. That dude commands the room and is no nonsense.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If you want the best chance at Riley, you should hope Oklahoma makes the playoffs and ends up losing in the semifinals again. Riley will realize that he's maxed out at OU because they will never be good enough to knock off the true heavyweights. That would make his decision to leave college football for the NFL much easier.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Either coach will not result in a deep playoff run because the Jones culture of false entitlement and no accountibilty contaminate a teams ability to win in playiffs, or at least for the past 24 years.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
3in5p0.jpg
That Fat Ewok is raising his hand for a blow and the kitty is giving him the death stare.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I'd be happy with either one.
I'd also add Chris Petersen to that list.
all 3 are just really good coaches who make solid adjustments and in-game decisions.

I want Meyer far and away over anyone else not named Bilicheck.
Having said that, I'd take Peterson over Riley. He is well rounded in all aspects of the game and is a no-nonsense guy

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Do we really want Urban Meyer? This guy has quit on every damn team he's ever coached for, before you lambast me - do a little research and think about it.

I've already thought about it.
Give me four years of Meyer with this team and let's see what happens.
Cross the next bridge when the time comes.

Gaede

Reaction score
If it's between Riley and Meyer, the better choice is obviously Meyer because of his experience.

But you have to remember that Jerry is also in charge of the business. And while Meyer would be a big hire, Riley is bigger. He's young, exciting, and has, presumably, his best football ahead of him.

Jerry isn't just thinking--how can I make this team win? He's also thinking--how can I market this team? Not just to Cowboys fans, but to NFL fans, the media, sponsors etc.

Riley would be a major story that gets press and attn on the Cowboys for years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I pray they don't hire Riley just because the odds are against him succeeding, that would end up tanking both of my favorite teams in one fell swoop.

OU will be fine. They pull talent and don’t play anyone.

Reaction score
OU will be fine. They pull talent and don’t play anyone.

They B-slapped Ohio State a couple of years ago (Baker planted the flag) ,,, and Alabama a couple of years before that in the Sugar Bowl (man that was glorious) ,,, they just need to get the defense in order and they'll get another national championship. Not sure that happens with whoever the next coach would be.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
If it's between Riley and Meyer, the better choice is obviously Meyer because of his experience.

But you have to remember that Jerry is also in charge of the business. And while Meyer would be a big hire, Riley is bigger. He's young, exciting, and has, presumably, his best football ahead of him.

Jerry isn't just thinking--how can I make this team win? He's also thinking--how can I market this team? Not just to Cowboys fans, but to NFL fans, the media, sponsors etc.

Riley would be a major story that gets press and attn on the Cowboys for years.

That's a great point actually, but I think you could flip it back on Meyer too.

Jerry brings in a guy with 3 National Championships, in a quest to do the same in the Pros..in order to solidify his name in the record books, and reinvigorate"America's Team".

GMO415

Reaction score
Meyer is better at getting the team prepared to win and handle the huge games.

Remember, most of our talent has been in the NFL for four years. They are far beyond that college rah rah rah crap.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I want Meyer far and away over anyone else not named Bilicheck.
Having said that, I'd take Peterson over Riley. He is well rounded in all aspects of the game and is a no-nonsense guy
I also love Bryan Harsen...solid ball coach.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Lincoln continues to run the ball successfully even when 3rd and long. He’d take max advantage of Daks abilities as a runner even if he only had him keep it 3-5 times a game he’d at least be a threat every time.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Do we really want Urban Meyer? This guy has quit on every damn team he's ever coached for, before you lambast me - do a little research and think about it.

You could have said the same about Parcells, but hiring him literally altered the course of the next decade-plus for this franchise.