Urban Meyer in trouble again

RaZon

Reaction score
It's over for Myers, these guys will never buy into him now, there is no fixing this.

All that makes any real sense is work out some $$$$$ deal and cut Myers loose.

You can't be playing that in his position, just that simple.

jrumann59

Reaction score
People holding NFL people heck most professional sports to higher moral standards.....

khiladi

Reaction score
He happened to get caught …

Not “caught” by the players and coaches as well as probably the majority of the FO.. maybe to some gullible people in the country that are oblivious to what is common place in the “athletics culture” from the HS to the professional sports level, the latter when you reach peak fame and wealth…

In reality, this is probably just the result of a targeted media leak for those that want to see Urban go.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Not “caught” by the players and coaches as well as probably the majority of the FO.. maybe to some gullible people in the country that are oblivious to what is common place in the “athletics culture” from the HS to the professional sports level, the latter when you reach peak fame and wealth…

In reality, this is probably just the result of a targeted media leak for those that want to see Urban go.

In a public setting everyone has a phone ( recording video ) u got to be smart . Careful . My whole thing is if your 0-4 you blew a 2 TD lead go back on the team flight watch film get better your making a ton of $$. Chase tail some other time .

Ghost12

Reaction score
So this guy is in trouble for doing things that 99.9999% of coaches and athletes do? I mean are we really going to pretend this behavior isn’t common place.
You just don't get it. It isn't what he did at the bar that is the problem. Urban Meyer did not fly home with the team after a loss. This is clearly a far bigger transgression than you realize.

I challenge you to find a single example of an NFL HC not flying home with his team in the middle of the season (key word: MIDDLE of the season) that did not involve something extreme like a death in the family.

khiladi

Reaction score
You just don't get it. It isn't what he did at the bar that is the problem. Urban Meyer did not fly home with the team after a loss. This is clearly a far bigger transgression than you realize.

I challenge you to find a single example of an NFL HC not flying home with his team in the middle of the season (key word: MIDDLE of the season) that did not involve something extreme like a death in the family.

That I get, which I read about later, but articles are painting it as, he’s a philanderer.

But facts are, this type of behavior is COMMON in that culture, from top down.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Meyers lost the team quicker than a Seaman losing his money on shore leave. He IS DONE. Turns out he is a ******. Hides behind his "principals' while he goes and does another thing.
UnripePoliteFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I will say, while what Meyer did in it of itself was bad, I will actually defend him a bit. This particular matter in which he was photographed is between him and his family. I don't think the action itself is fireable. What I think IS fireable is the fact he didn't fly down with the team and return or something to that effect. And I've said before, and I'll reiterate, I am glad Jerry did not hire Meyer. That would've been a trainwreck.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So this guy is in trouble for doing things that 99.9999% of coaches and athletes do? I mean are we really going to pretend this behavior isn’t common place.

You can say a lot of NFL player do drugs, but if a coach is caught doing lines on film he's going to have a reckoning.

As an HC, you're a public figure and the face of the franchise. You need to act accordingly of face consequences, regardless of what others may or may not be doing.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dont care about Urban Meyer. I saw the video and there is nothing wrong with it other then the fact he is married. However, that is not a football issue that is him and his wife issue if its even one, for all we know she may even like it lol.

RaZon

Reaction score
Ya simply can't do what he did as an NFL head coach, just that simple.

Get rid of him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The jaguars were 0-16 before Urban got there and he's still figuring out the NFL game and who can play. He is going to need at least 2-3 full offseason to rebuild that train-wreck ............ and I don't think he has the patience to do it. I see him bowing out for health reasons.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Going in Meyer had to know losing would be heavy in seasons 1 & 2 . You have to ride that out and hopefully see improvement . They play Miami next . This is a game they at least should go into quarter 4 with a win as a possibility.

Flamma

Reaction score
Notice nothing is coming out on the owner of WFT? I forgot who said it in regards to Chucky as opposed to Dan. There's a difference between how they treat the people who sign the checks as opposed to those that cash them.