Urban Meyer in trouble again

jnday

Reaction score
Is this really different than all of the pictures of Jerry holding his drink with one hand and the young girl that could pass as his granddaughter with the other? I have never seen as many vicious attacks by the media on a coach . Every since he gave Tebow a tryout, they have looked hard for anything to make him look bad. Every comment that Meyer has made has been twisted and cherry-picked to make him look like he is in over his head. When Jimmy first came to Dallas, he wasn’t so great in his first year. The difference today is the internet and social media . It is just about impossible for a coach to survive and keep his job when he is under this much scrutiny.

jnday

Reaction score
I have always thought of Myers has a very intelligent guy, hard to believe he would put himself in this position, yep,.....surprised!

Time to find someway to get rid of, this isn't going to work.
Jerry Jones has been in that situation and Robert Kraft was in a situation that was even worse. People needs to mind their own business. I know that minding your own business is seen as being outdated in our society, but it’s an ideal that is well worth bringing back.

jnday

Reaction score
Good question. I want to see the video before making judgment. Apparently it was deleted.
It doesn’t matter to me if Meyer was naked with two crackheads and a Yorkshire pig, it is nobody’s business other than his and the pig’s owner.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter to me if Meyer was naked with two crackheads and a Yorkshire pig, it is nobody’s business other than his and the pig’s owner.
Well it does matter because he's the Head Coach of an NFL team which carries with it requirements on how to conduct yourself on or off duty.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
There’s a lot of point-missing here. He decided not to return with the team after the game—a highly unusual thing for an NFL coach—to spend time with his grandkids. Then this comes out. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say his grandkids weren’t with him at the time. So he’s in Ohio instead of Jacksonville, not coaching (well, not coaching his players anyway, maybe he was giving pointers, ahem, to the young lady) and not doing what he said he stayed to do.

Jerry and Kraft are owners—they don’t have day-to-day responsibilities to their players during the season the way a head coach does (not even sure if those incidences were in-season). The situations are not comparable. Just like if this had come out in the off-season, nobody would care as much.

Think about the reaction here to Romo in Cabo.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah saw it this morning. Only person that should be upset is his wife.

Yeah. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I were the owner of the Jags considering their record. This isn't Jimmy Johnson we're talking about. It's an unproven NFL coach having fun after yet another loss. I'd probably be bothered by it. But it's been mostly blown out of proportion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I were the owner of the Jags considering their record. This isn't Jimmy Johnson we're talking about. It's an unproven NFL coach having fun after yet another loss. I'd probably be bothered by it. But it's been mostly blown out of proportion.
Maybe a fine is all just to let him know don't be a *******.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Is the coach moping around and not having a life outside of football going to suddenly change the Jaguars?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well the Jags finally did it ending a 20 game skid with a 53 yard FG . Lawrence passes for 300 plus Marvin Jones Jr gets a 100 plus a TD reception .

Meanwhile the Dolphins who seemed to turn the corner with former NE assistant Flores have seen the wheels come off this year. They will fight the Jets to stay out of the basement.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Watch out after a bye week getting some walking wounded back a week from Sunday Jax at Geno Smith and the not what they used to be Seahawks. At 2-5 who knows maybe string some W’s together. Make a run at this less then stout division .