USA Men's Soccer National Team beats Mexico, 3-2, to win 2021 CONCACAF Nations Championship

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For the first time in American Men's Soccer history, the USA Men's Soccer National Team beat Mexico, 3-2, to win the 2021 CONCACAF Nations Championship!

Here are the extended championship game highlights:

What a great finals/championship game it was! Both teams came out on fire and played a tough match for all 90 minutes, plus extended time. Both teams should be proud of the effort they made. They left everything out on the field. For the first time ever, though, the USA Men's Soccer National Team finally beat their old storied rival, decades proven juggernaut Mexico and El Tri. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought game and leaving us a match to remember.

Too bad, sadly, the game ended with one of the worst displays of crowd sportsmanship from the Mexican crowd. Absolutely inexcusable and dangerous reactions from the Mexican crowd at the end of the match almost derailed what was an amazing effort from both teams. Everything from chanting anti-gay rants to throwing bottles to both USA and Mexico players towards the end of the match. o_O:mad:

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For the first time in American Men's Soccer history, the USA Men's Soccer National Team beat Mexico, 3-2, to win the 2021 CONCACAF Nations Championship!

Here are the extended championship game highlights:

What a great finals/championship game it was! Both teams came out on fire and played a tough match for all 90 minutes, plus extended time. Both teams should be proud of the effort they made. They left everything out on the field. For the first time ever, though, the USA Men's Soccer National Team finally beat their old storied rival, decades proven juggernaut Mexico and El Tri. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought game and leaving us a match to remember.

Too bad, sadly, the game ended with one of the worst displays of crowd sportsmanship from the Mexican crowd. Absolutely inexcusable and dangerous reactions from the Mexican crowd at the end of the match almost derailed what was an amazing effort from both teams. Everything from chanting anti-gay rants to throwing bottles to both USA and Mexico players towards the end of the match. o_O:mad:

Well done to Team USA> Pity that the Mexican crowd is usually classless. Sadly, the fans that attend the Mexico games rival that of the really bad Eagles fans.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well done to Team USA> Pity that the Mexican crowd is usually classless. Sadly, the fans that attend the Mexico games rival that of the really bad Eagles fans.
Amen, bro. Our USA Men's Soccer National Team is very good and did an amazing job..

Totally agree. Them Mexico fans remind me of them Philly fans: Totally classless.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Amen, bro. Our USA Men's Soccer National Team is very good and did an amazing job..

Totally agree. Them Mexico fans remind me of them Philly fans: Totally classless.

And this is far from the first time that Mexico fans have had issues, and not just with the US Men's National Team. They seem to have a hard time not resembling Eagles fans against just about everyone they play. Pity that it seems some people have forgotten how to behave properly (not just in sports, but in planes too) during the pandemic. I'd really like to see Mexico have to play a friendly against a team like England, France, or Germany. If those fans want something to moan about, I'd imagine Germany, France, or England would give them something to whine about too as I expect either country to absolutely destroy them. That said, the USMNT did very well in that match.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And this is far from the first time that Mexico fans have had issues, and not just with the US Men's National Team. They seem to have a hard time not resembling Eagles fans against just about everyone they play. Pity that it seems some people have forgotten how to behave properly (not just in sports, but in planes too) during the pandemic. I'd really like to see Mexico have to play a friendly against a team like England, France, or Germany. If those fans want something to moan about, I'd imagine Germany, France, or England would give them something to whine about too as I expect either country to absolutely destroy them. That said, the USMNT did very well in that match.
Hahaha, so true bro!

Not only that, them English, French and German fans definitely would not put up with such antics by unruly Mexican fans, especially at their European home countries!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw the US National Team earlier this year and it was great fun. It was in Orlando and they played Trinidad and Tobago and they completely destroyed them. It was the first soccer match I ever watched live. Fun times.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hahaha, so true bro!

Not only that, them English, French and German fans definitely would not put up with such antics by unruly Mexican fans, especially at their European home countries!

It'd serve them right if they have France, Germany, and Ghana in their group during the WC 2022. And the English, French, and Germans definitely wouldn't put up with those antics.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw the US National Team earlier this year and it was great fun. It was in Orlando and they played Trinidad and Tobago and they completely destroyed them. It was the first soccer match I ever watched live. Fun times.
That's awesome @Jammer ! I saw them way back in 2010. I definitely want to see this year's team full of youth and talent. If they ever play in Texas, I'm definitely going to be there. ;)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Heck of a game.
Horvath was stones all game. Saved so many chances.

Pulisic creating and drawing the penalty was overdue as he was creating space all night.

Really like this young US team. McKinnie(Dallas kid--little elm) and Reyna join Pulisic as special players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Heck of a game.
Horvath was stones all game. Saved so many chances.

Pulisic creating and drawing the penalty was overdue as he was creating space all night.

Really like this young US team. McKinnie(Dallas kid--little elm) and Reyna join Pulisic as special players.
Totally agree, @jterrell ! There is also other young talent, that didn't play so well during their championship match against Mexico, who have the potential to perform better and contribute much more for this team. This team is loaded. If they can get everyone to consistently perform up to their potential, this team can become very good and be able to play against anyone.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That was one hell of game with lots of drama. Unfortunately some of the Mexican fans were not so nice and I wonder how long FIFA will put up with their misbehavior. Oh and this is not the first time the US has best Mexico national team. The US beat them in the round of 16 at the 2002 WC and also in WC qualifying in Columbus. Actually they have beaten the Mexico team 18 times I believe.

Flamma

Reaction score

Didn't the US beat Mexico in the World Cup back in 2002? Round of 16 I think it was. Or are we talking about something different?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Didn't the US beat Mexico in the World Cup back in 2002? Round of 16 I think it was. Or are we talking about something different?
The World Cup and the CONCACAF NATIONS Tournament are two separate tournaments.

But, yes, I believe you are right about the US beating Mexico during World Cup play back in 2002.

Flamma

Reaction score
The World Cup and the CONCACAF NATIONS Tournament are two separate tournaments.

But, yes, I believe you are right about the US beating Mexico during World Cup play back in 2002.

Oh yeah, I know. I read it as a stand alone statement. It's why I asked. I wasn't sure if you were referring to the tournament.