News: USAToday: 5 reasons Jerry Jones may have tried to lure Adam Silver from NBA to NFL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. You are 100% correct. My point is that their willingness to retain him, while every bit within their rights, doesn't mean that he has done a good job. I simply do not think the league is better for his leadership. I think its worse. But that is, of course, my subjective opinion. It doesn't mean I'm correct.
The league is worse because of the issues it’s been confronted and new rules implemented this era . Goodell job is protect the owners investment and do the owners dirty work in which he’s done his job and why he’s been handsomely rewarded .

Goodell has helped steer the league thru some of its toughest issues and threats to the leagues sovereignty. Has there been controversy ? Of course . But the league has continued to prosper at record levels on the most part and move forward thru some of the most complicated litigation it’s ever faced.

Goodell is just the hit man for the mob of owners.If you have an issue with Goodell then you have an issue with the owners.Cant separate the two.

Last edited:

Little Jr

Reaction score
Silver is very pro player so I'm not sure why JJ or any owner would want him as the commish.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No it won’t. History will reflect on this time as when the game was changed and ruined. It will be remembered for the never ending pointless rule changes and the inability to enforce them consistently which put the games in the hands of the officials more than the coaches and players.
Rule changes has nothing to do with commissioner . He just enforces them. The blame is on the owners and their committees which oversee and implement rule changes. The fact Goodell is shielding the blame from owners is best example he’s doing his job.