News: USAToday: Dak Prescott: 'I want to be a Cowboy forever'

NewsBot

Reaction score
Most legends take on lives of their own, continually growing in status and stature as the years go by. If Dak Prescott’s first three NFL seasons are any indication, he’s likely to rank alongside Dallas Cowboys franchise greats if all goes according to plan, which includes donning The Star for his entire career.

As a fourth-round contingency plan who was pressed into action much earlier than anticipated, Prescott has already surpassed initial expectations of him. Entering Year 4 and on the verge of a massive contract extension, his sole focus is now bringing a Super Bowl back to Dallas. Well aware of the situation, Prescott is embracing the role of not just becoming a made man, but a made Dallas Cowboy.

“I want to be a Cowboy forever,” Prescott said. “I think the people that are doing the deal feel the same way . . . I want to be a Cowboy, I’m sure pretty sure I’ll be a Cowboy for a long time.”​

But Prescott’s letting the contract situation take care of itself, while he keeps his focus on the field. It’s not all for nothing-the payday, arguably Dallas’s most stacked and complete roster they’ve had in a decade, and everything that comes with being the Cowboys QB. Prescott knows he must deliver, which is why his agents and the Jones family are handling the financials, while he handles his legacy.

“I’ve got people that take care of [the contract]. I’ve got a great team, team of agents,” he said. That’s their job . . . as far as I’m concerned, it’s just about getting better, getting better as quarterback, getting better as a leader and just making sure our team is getting better.”​

Gallery

Cowboys 2019 Depth Chart, position by position

Continue reading...