News: USAToday: Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

gettyimages-1081682206.jpg

It has been an eventful off-season for the Dallas Cowboys. After inking DeMarcus Lawrence to a five-year, $105 million deal ($65 million in guarantees), the team now has their sights set on quarter...

Read Full Story

Knotamus

Reaction score
The sad thing here is..

There are many threads on this site that critique and down play Dak as a legitimate QB. The link above compliments Daks game and expels many of the nay sayers ‘go to’ talking point about his passing abilities in general. The link also points out that he can improve in some areas, which you would expect from a young player. This gives credence to the fact that Dak isn’t a polished QB and shouldn’t be expected to be so at this point of if his career, yet he’s definitely better than some describe. As a matter of fact, the graphs and matrix in the link have him higher than other QBs that I’m sure some pessimist would prefer over Prescott.

Of the many comments I see when posts are negatively talking about Dak.. it’s sad the few comments left to talk positive ab the man. But hey, it’s easy to root for a mans failure than to applaud him for his successes.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Just tossing this out there. In eleven years Romo was a started on this team he was over 68% 3 times. Not sure that proves squat. But your demand Dak must have 3/10s of a percent more in his completions seems to be a reach.

I was referring to this threads title & posters here on his lack of accuracy. We know once Cooper arrived, Dak was playing like his rookie self.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
While not " hitting the click" of the O.P.'s thread header, the title is telling me he needs more bench rest/ zeroing-in time in order for him to ink a big bucks contract,,,ya, that's what I've deduced in the 5 seconds of study

*USA today SPORTS section covers our Cowboys in an fair if not upbeat fashion,,, I like seeing that& probably tend to favour that print news source over those others because of that reason

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sad thing here is..

There are many threads on this site that critique and down play Dak as a legitimate QB. The link above compliments Daks game and expels many of the nay sayers ‘go to’ talking point about his passing abilities in general. The link also points out that he can improve in some areas, which you would expect from a young player. This gives credence to the fact that Dak isn’t a polished QB and shouldn’t be expected to be so at this point of if his career, yet he’s definitely better than some describe. As a matter of fact, the graphs and matrix in the link have him higher than other QBs that I’m sure some pessimist would prefer over Prescott.
Well said!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
67% means nothing to me on a 3rd and 8 you throw a 2 yard swing pass to Zeke to only punt the ball on fourth. I don't hate Dak, by anymeans, but were about to pay an average qb top 5 moneyl
Why do people keep saying this? It's not top 5 money, the market/cap goes up every year. At the end of this year his contract will be in the middle of the pack.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Why do people keep on saying Dak is a young QB with potential? He's now a 4th year player with extensive game time. The steep learning curve is long gone. He's as good as he'll ever be.

Dak doesn't have Linehan anymore. So at least Moore can create an offensive set the defense won't know pre snap.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Just tossing this out there. In eleven years Romo was a started on this team he was over 68% 3 times. Not sure that proves squat. But your demand Dak must have 3/10s of a percent more in his completions seems to be a reach.
Romo was also a finished product while Dak hasn't reached his peak yet.