News: USAToday: Jason Garrett, Cowboys willing to spend $12M of cap space on player coaches

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Garrett, Cowboys willing to spend $12M of cap space on player coaches

usatsi_12280468.jpg

Does Jason Garrett not trust the leadership ability of his current star players? That may not be the reason for the getting-the-band-back-together activity of 2019 for the Dallas Cowboys, but one d...

Read Full Story

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted this statement in the thread on this in the News Zone.

As of right now, this team is projected to have $20 million paid out in 2019 to non-starting players including Sean Lee, Crawford, Hurns, and Witten.

Nobody can defend that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jason Garrett, Cowboys willing to spend $12M of cap space on player coaches

usatsi_12280468.jpg

Does Jason Garrett not trust the leadership ability of his current star players? That may not be the reason for the getting-the-band-back-together activity of 2019 for the Dallas Cowboys, but one d...

Read Full Story
This is why the Dallas Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Jerry Jones in charge of Jocks and Socks.

You can not fall in love with football players. When it is time to move on, move on. They have LBs running record 40 yd times and the combine that can flat out play. There are TE available.

You can not hang on to old and unavailable players and think you can build team chemistry to win Super Bowls. Parcells moved on from Glover and Galloway, Johnson moved on from Ed Too Tall Jones and the 80's Cowboys like Lockhart, White, and White. Landry in the late 80's would not move on from players until injury or retirement and it cost him his job.

If Garrett thinks Sean Lee and Jason Witten are going to save his job...see Jerry Jones fire Tom Landry. Too bad Jerry will not fire himself as GM.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still hold out hoe that they'll get Lee to agree to a pay cut. Only makes sense and Sean isn't $$ greedy like Tank, Dak, etc

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Lee's going to take a pay cut soon enough. And honestly, I still don't get the Witten deal. I know he sucked and was probably frustrated in the broadcasting booth, I know we needed a TE, but having him come back from retirement after a year off is just bizarre.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I still hold out hoe that they'll get Lee to agree to a pay cut. Only makes sense and Sean isn't $$ greedy like Tank, Dak, etc

Lmao at comparing Lee to Dak. Dak has never missed a play and is in his prime. Lee is washed up and injury prone. You don't think Lee would demand money if he had leverage? But yeah, it's $$ greedy. I love people who sit on their couches watching on tv want to dictate to professional athletes on what they should be paid and their approach. It's comical.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lmao at comparing Lee to Dak. Dak has never missed a play and is in his prime. Lee is washed up and injury prone. You don't think Lee would demand money if he had leverage? But yeah, it's $$ greedy. I love people who sit on their couches watching on tv want to dictate to professional athletes on what they should be paid and their approach. It's comical.
Salary cap.

Get a clue, my man. I wouldn't care otherwise.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

As of right now, this team is projected to have $20 million paid out in 2019 to non-starting players including Sean Lee, Crawford, Hurns, and Witten.

Nobody can defend that.
Crawford has been a starter for the past 5 years.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Nobody can defend that.
When did crawford lose the RDE spot?

Swanny

Reaction score

Nobody can defend that.
Hurns is the only player from that list that should be gone the rest are key pueces. Sean Lee you could say could go too. Not going to argue that too much. I like having that depth but it's very possible we could get depth at a cheaper price tag. So I guess I'm just Meh when it comes to Lee