News: USAToday: Joe Jackson presents intriguing depth for Cowboys at DE

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Will he be performing "Sunday Papers" & "Is She Really Going Out with Him?" during halftime shows ?

kskboys

Reaction score
I really wonder if there is a handshake deal among teams to minimize how much poaching goes on. It seems like it used to 5 - 8 players per practice squad and now its only 1 or 2 at most.
There are rules. A player must make your roster if taken off another's PS.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There are rules. A player must make your roster if taken off another's PS.

Not if they are cut. To pull someone off another team's PS you have to put them on your active roster (which they did with David Irving) but you can sign anyone who is cut to your PS after the final roster cutdowns. That is what I'm talking about, in the past most of a teams PS came from other teams cuts but now its mostly players that team had in camp. Maybe its because they already know the system so they are better prepared for emergency callups, but it seems like a big change IMO.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We are either going to ride out preseason injuries extremely well - or our Practice Squad is going to be outstanding.

I think they plan on going into camp with extra so that we have a roster left after injuries and guys who suck.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not if they are cut. To pull someone off another team's PS you have to put them on your active roster (which they did with David Irving) but you can sign anyone who is cut to your PS after the final roster cutdowns. That is what I'm talking about, in the past most of a teams PS came from other teams cuts but now its mostly players that team had in camp. Maybe its because they already know the system so they are better prepared for emergency callups, but it seems like a big change IMO.
I'm confused, and I really don't understand how you got here from the statement "A player must make your roster if taken off another team's PS. "

You replied, not if they are cut. If they are cut, they aren't on your PS.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm confused, and I really don't understand how you got here from the statement "A player must make your roster if taken off another team's PS. ".

When you add players to your Practice Squad at the start of the season, you can sign any player who isn't on an NFL 53 man roster (who is cut by your team or another). My point is that Dallas used to sign most of its Practice Squad player at the end of training camp by signing players cut from other teams. Now they are almost all players Dallas had in their own training camp, something most NFL teams are doing also.

Once the Practice Squad is set at the beginning of the year, teams can sign a player off any other teams PS but they have to add them to their 53 man active roster if they do. They can't sign another team's practice squad player to their own practice squad once the season starts.

kskboys

Reaction score
When you add players to your Practice Squad at the start of the season, you can sign any player who isn't on an NFL 53 man roster (who is cut by your team or another). My point is that Dallas used to sign most of its Practice Squad player at the end of training camp by signing players cut from other teams. Now they are almost all players Dallas had in their own training camp, something most NFL teams are doing also.

Once the Practice Squad is set at the beginning of the year, teams can sign a player off any other teams PS but they have to add them to their 53 man active roster if they do. They can't sign another team's practice squad player to their own practice squad once the season starts.
Yeah, that's what I said, but then you disagreed.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I said, but then you disagreed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm talking about the Practice Squad being signed at the very beginning of the year. That's the point you can sign anyone from another team to the PS and not the 53.