News: USAToday: News & Notes: Former Cowboy Jason Hatcher blasts Romo, Jason Garrett

NewsBot

Reaction score
The second day of the legal tampering period of free agency has seen no new signings for the Cowboys, yet. With safety after safety having been signed the last two days, the tension has only built around Earl Thomas. While waiting for new arrivals, fans had to not only say goodbye to one of their favorites, but a former favorite son swung through to pour some salt on wounds of wars past.

Jason Hatcher, who famously left Dallas during free agency of 2014, before the team finally broke through, stopped past the team’s radio station show for an interview. And he went off.

Former Cowboys DL Jason Hatcher Blasts Tony Romo’s Leadership | 105.3 The Fan

Hatcher left the Cowboys for big money from the Commanders, and five years later dished his version of some dirt on Tuesday afternoon. While his comments came off as a bit salty, where there’s smoke there may be fire.

First and foremost, he went in on the QB while he was in Dallas for eight years, Romo.

“Romo didn’t have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don’t respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn’t see.​

“He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I’ll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You’ll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no.”​

Hatcher also opened up on Jason Garrett taking over for Wade Phillips, the two coaches Hatcher played for after being drafted by Bill Parcells. It’s no surprise he has no love for the offense guy, but Hatcher was succinct as it could be when he said “I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man.”

Follow the link above for the entire interview.

2019 NFL Free Agency: Cowboys WR Cole Beasley to sign with Buffalo Bills | Cowboys Wire

Here’s the big one, the flame-broiled whopper, the news that seemed inevitable; Cole Beasley is headed out of town. The Houston born, Little Elm raised, SMU grad, Texas lifer is headed to the northern border to face the White Walkers, errr, play for the Bills.

The Cowboys also lost LB Damien Wilson to the Kansas City Chiefs.

After the Big Five, which free agents are most likely to stay with Cowboys? | ESPN

With the departure of Damien Wilson and Cole Beasley immanent, the Cowboys still have a contingent of their own players available to re-sign.

Leading up to NFL free agency, the focus for the Dallas Cowboys has been their Big Five: DeMarcus Lawrence, Amari Cooper, Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Byron Jones.​

After that the most likely candidates to return are L.P. Ladouceur, Tavon Austin and Jamize Olawale. Time will tell the tale.

Cowboys rank atop 2019 free agency destinations per poll of NFL agents | Cowboys Wire

Numero uno, Los Vaqueros, estos chicos. That’s right, the Dallas Cowboys are the most attractive team for prospective NFL free agents to come to.

An anonymous poll of NFL agents ranked the high and low, Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills, as well as giving some insight on what players look for. Night life, weather, and lo-and-behold income taxes were mentioned.

The Cowboys were especially noted for their top-notch treatment of players, but above else, money talks, just ask Cole Beasley.

Sean Lee says he’s staying with Cowboys to ‘chase after a championship’ | ESPN

You’ve got to know when to hold ’em, you’ve got to know when to fold ’em, and Sean Lee isn’t getting up from the table just yet.

Lee, heading into his 10th season has restructured his contract and is ready to make a difference when called upon.

“I’m here to be a guy who makes plays on the field,” Lee said, “I’m a player that wants to play and still feel like I can help us win games. Obviously, I have to do a better job staying on the field on a consistent basis, and I’ve not been close to doing that the last two years. But there’s no question I want to establish a role and get on the field and make plays.”​

Earlier Tuesday, Cowboys Wire broke down the salary restructure Lee took on to stay in Dallas, which netted the team with $4 million in additional cap space.

Report: Saints want Dez Bryant Back | NBC Sports

Bryant is 30-years old and coming off of torn Achilles tendon. The preeminent red zone threat of his generation was cut by the Cowboys last off-season and sat out much of the year before finding a home in New Orleans. Sadly, Bryant only made it through two practices before suffering his season-ending injury.

A report out Tuesday indicates he may just make a return to the Big Easy.

Speaking of Dez, he had some fun with Cowboys fans on Twitter Tuesday night.

73 https://t.co/S4ICyDV51z

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) March 13, 2019

73 is of course his franchise-record number of receiving touchdowns. So there’s that.

You can follow Burke at @BurkeDowner.

Gallery

18 Free Agents Cowboys need to legally tamper with

Continue reading...