News: USAToday: Raiders odds-on favorite as potential trade destination for QB Russell Wilson

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Raiders odds-on favorite as potential trade destination for QB Russell Wilson

usatsi_13901428.jpg

Currently, there are three hot names in terms of quarterbacks being discussed as potential trade bait. Deshaun Watson tops that list as he has made it clear this offseason that he wants out of Hous

Read Full Story

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the last thread was from a questionable source, I have posted a new one from USAToday.

The only reason I posted the other article and this one is due to the betting odds on possible destinations.

This article, like most articles this time of year, is mostly speculation and that includes the Dak leaving/staying articles.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wilson already complaining about wanting more money because he is getting hit too much, I guess he should have thought about that before taking the big contract, maybe if he took less Seahawks could invest more in the OL. lol Meantime he does have 1 ring that came in large part because of an outstanding defense and Marshawn Lynch and would have won a 2nd SB had they handed off to Marshawn by the goal line instead they pass the ball and Wilson is picked off. Wilson is a very good QB but I don't see the Seahawks advancing in post season since they lost their defense and their running game.

bewp7

Reaction score
dumb asset managemint if i ever saw it! franchise qb get blasted non stop but trade away a lots of premium picks for a safety who cant cover and have to give a market setting contract to! i do not blame russ for speaking out!

just makes it 10 time harder to get o line help for a safety!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wilson is a guy that you just don't trade.

He is level above Watson and Prescott, and blows away the idea of having Stafford IMO.

Raiders couldn't give Seattle enough to make this make any sense from any angle.

I agree 100%, but if they are listening, I am calling them asap.

Motorola

Reaction score
If the three "dub" QBs - Watson, Wentz, Wilson - get moved, the sports media is going to have to come up with a signature name to label this unprecedented movement. Franchise quarterbacks of varying experience, all with very lucrative contracts, some include no-trade clauses. However - dissatisfaction unexpectedly emerges within, either from the player or the team coaching staff\front office (or both). Deals to undo the unions are brokered & agreed upon...the parting of ways is done.
NFL 2021 Off-season - 'the QB merry-go-round'. Goff and Stafford swap places. Add to it former starters Winston and Mariota being shown the door, Brady's exit, and former 1st round pick Rosen being moved around continuously, Rivers hanging them up, Brees soon to follow, Rothleisberger salary. ..one could label this two-year timeframe as "the quarterback purge".
And it may not be over -- Arnold may be shipped out, which way will the Prescott predicament go, Carr and Trubisky quandries.
Staye tuned.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I had to guess, it is probably based on what Houston is rumored to be wanting for Watson.
That's the best reason because there's really not a lot of difference in the QB's, imo.

The difference right now seems to be HOU is making it tough on anyone wanting to trade because they don't want to trade him. The rumors are SEA FO is not happy with Wilson torching his OL so they might be more amenable. They also went through that Earl Thomas situation and once a player goes public, the first domino has already fallen.

Wilson is a smart guy, that was premeditated and planned out.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The ONLY way Wilson to Dallas works is if Prescott agrees to a sign and trade of some sort.

I find that to be extremely unlikely on several levels.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't believe that Wilson is going to go anywhere, Seattle will not allow that. But, if by some off chance that this did happen, this would tell a lot about what teams are thinking about the QB market. It would be very telling, IMO.

ICP

Reaction score
Makes sense, Raiders and Jets are common landing spots for former good players to finish what is usually the last few years of their careers