News: USAToday: Raiders odds-on favorite as potential trade destination for QB Russell Wilson

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I believe Seattle has drafted 15 OL in the first three rounds in the past 9 years Wilson has been in Seattle. I think it was 15 and included 3 1st rounders.

I agree Seattle is now forced into drafting OL to appease Wilson. If they miss reaching for an OL over a BPA defensive player, it is a double whammy.

He tends to throw a lot of deep balls and anytime you are looking deep you tend to have less time. Maybe if did a little more drop off passes he would take fewer shots.

CWR

Reaction score
Problem is, at Wilson's height, he cannot step up into the pocket. Changes everything you do on O.

Brees was also on the shorter side, but they both managed to be elite. I dont deny they have to keep that in consideration, just that both guys have managed to work around it.

kskboys

Reaction score
He tends to throw a lot of deep balls and anytime you are looking deep you tend to have less time. Maybe if did a little more drop off passes he would take fewer shots.
Almost impossible to do dropoff passes at 5-10. Basically, his height takes those out of the equation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Brees was also on the shorter side, but they both managed to be elite. I dont deny they have to keep that in consideration, just that both guys have managed to work around it.
Absolutely. However, Brees does it w/ anticipation and remarkable D reading. Wilson's way is to scramble around until someone breaks open. Wilson's way is very very hard on the OLine. He's asking them to hold their blocks for a long long time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. However, Brees does it w/ anticipation and remarkable D reading. Wilson's way is to scramble around until someone breaks open. Wilson's way is very very hard on the OLine. He's asking them to hold their blocks for a long long time.
While he holds the ball for a long long time.

Brees cannot be compared to any other 6 foot QB, there's not another like him. Murray and Wilson have to either take a deeper drop or move the pocket to get line of sight on the field. I've seen Brees stand on his tiptoes so many times, it doesn't even look odd anymore.

One thing all 3 have to have is receivers running perfect routes because they're looking at a specific receiver every time. And if you watch front 7's against those 3 QB's, they are far more hands in the air than against the taller QB's making it harder for them to see and focus.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wilson will not make another super bowl appearance w/o a dominant D and a very good running game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Almost impossible to do dropoff passes at 5-10. Basically, his height takes those out of the equation.

Not really, QB slid and move up in the pocket and should be able to throw drop off passes in the flats like pretty much any other QB in the NFL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why would Wilson make a play like that? Why would any QB do that?

Romo didn't do that after his GM said he was the only QB that could play behind that line. Romo did the smart thing and let his agent do his talking.

Something really strange about SEA players. First we get Lynch that won't talk, then we get Sherman that won't shut up. Then we get Thomas openly selling himself to a team they just defeated and then flipping off his coaching staff. Now we get the NFL MotY QB calling his team out.

All of these 30M QB's in these bad team marriages, it saddens me so.

What exactly are you talking about?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Me neither. It would be a fatal error for them to let Wilson go.

I agree. Their cap strategy is based on paying him and paying the rest of the Offense much less. They can get away with that because he is good enough to make that offense work, make those players better, so to speak.

Reactions: CWR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They can out his contract after 2021,

That's 31 million per year they can free up for signing new players.

Draft a new QB and you are good for 4-5 years.

They would have to be in a position to actually draft one thou. They have been consistently good so if you are going to do that, they probably have to take a serious nose dive and be picking very high to get a decent option to draft.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What exactly are you talking about?
Why toss his OL under the bus? That's just not cricket.

And all of these unhappy players making 30+M a year and letting the world know they're unhappy. At least Rodgers is playing his game quietly and dropping hints like "I don't know if I'll be back here next season". He had a make shift OL and ended up injured and didn't disrespect them as Wilson did.

Eli Manning was getting hit too much and he had to learn to shorten his release time. But he didn't even insinuate it was his protection up front. That is done behind the curtain, not in the media.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They would have to be in a position to actually draft one thou. They have been consistently good so if you are going to do that, they probably have to take a serious nose dive and be picking very high to get a decent option to draft.
Or get lucky as they did picking Wilson.

GMO415

Reaction score
Is this Cowboys Zone or Raiders Zone? I don't have any felony convictions if this is the Raiders Zone......

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
sorry dudes elite and dak is not f the freakish padded stats..who cares,,,real true footfall fans know elite when you see it and RW is elite and daks just very good ..

get the dak goggles off.
Hes hid behind an all time great defense and behind Lynch for the majority of his career. The one time he was asked to make a play it costs them a super bowl. This guy wants out of Seattle cause he keeps getting hit behind that O line but yet that o line was top 10 in pass block win rates...he needs to stop holding onto the ball too long.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hes hid behind an all time great defense and behind Lynch for the majority of his career. The one time he was asked to make a play it costs them a super bowl. This guy wants out of Seattle cause he keeps getting hit behind that O line but yet that o line was top 10 in pass block win rates...he needs to stop holding onto the ball too long.
He can't. Quick passing doesn't work for short dudes.

There's a reason teams favor taller QB's. Being shorts puts some limitations on the Offense. People don't want to talk about it, but it's pure physics.

Reactions: CWR

kskboys

Reaction score
Not really, QB slid and move up in the pocket and should be able to throw drop off passes in the flats like pretty much any other QB in the NFL.
Yes, really. No, they cannot. Here and there, but not consistently. The height disadvantage must be made up for in some way. Deep drops and deeper throws is how Wilson does it. If he consistently stepped up in the pocket as you are suggesting, how are you thinking he's going to be able to see? Defy the laws of physics?

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes better then DAK Period end of non debate..