News: USAToday: Travis Frederick expected to be limited during Cowboys OTAs

NewsBot

Reaction score
The return of All-Pro center Travis Frederick ranks high among things Cowboys fans are looking forward to in 2019. Currently on track to be ready for the season opener, Frederick maintained at his recent charity event that he’s recovered from the Guillain-Barre syndrome which sidelined him last season. Yet he still likely won’t be participating in contract drills during next week’s OTAs.

During the Blocking Out Hunter Golf Challenge, Frederick revealed it’s labrum surgery that will likely limit him to start the year. He spoke to Dallas Morning News about his overall health, and what the game plan for him will be in the early part of training camp.

Travis Frederick, speaking at his Blocking Out Hunger event, declares "I feel good at where I am right now'' & stresses he hasn't been limited in his return from Guillain-Barre. What has slowed him a bit has been offseason surgery to repair a 180-degree labrum tear.
1/2

— David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN) May 15, 2019

Good news is no rotator cuff damage. "During OTAs I probably won't do a ton of contact stuff, but I'll be out there at practice & do all of the individual type stuff. Once we get going against the defense I'll probably, again, as a precaution for the shoulder, sit out.'' https://t.co/fIFAmxcw63

— David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN) May 15, 2019

It may not be ideal, but shoulder surgery recovery seems like just another speed bump for Frederick to endure during his journey back to the field. Given what its taken him thus far to get to this point, the precautionary approach seems to be the best course to take.

Gallery

Cowboys 2019 Depth Chart, position by position

Continue reading...