News: USAToday: Travis Frederick might be even better after comeback

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Travis Frederick might be even better after comeback

usatsi_10327491.jpg

Earlier in the week, Cowboys center Travis Frederick shared details of his battle with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Recalling some of the bleaker moments, the Pro Bowler admitted to having trouble clim...

Read Full Story

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Travis Frederick said:
It’s really hard as a player when you’re focused on the very particular, the minute details of what a blitz looks like, for you to get a chance to peek out at the secondary,” Frederick said. “But when you step back and take a look at all of that, now I know that instead of looking at the defensive tackle, per se, maybe I need to look at a backside safety in this part of the pressure.
I really hope Frederick comes back as healthy as possible. Fredericks' line calls were equally as good as his blocking. There are potentially extra benefits of having him return if he has now included secondary stunting in his pre-snap evaluations.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I wonder how many games it will take him to get back to where he was....if that is even possible. He is a difference maker and the general of the Oline. Hope he makes a strong return.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Travis Frederick might be even better after comeback

usatsi_10327491.jpg

Earlier in the week, Cowboys center Travis Frederick shared details of his battle with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Recalling some of the bleaker moments, the Pro Bowler admitted to having trouble clim...

Read Full Story

Looney did a decent job as a blocker but they really missed Frederick's game knowledge and leadership on the field.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Looney did a decent job as a blocker but they really missed Frederick's game knowledge and leadership on the field.

I think that was part of the deal with "Dak struggling with the blitz" this year some posters mentioned. Frederick could change protections and stop a lot of those problems before they even started; Looney was good but he just wasn't on that kind of levle.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that was part of the deal with "Dak struggling with the blitz" this year some posters mentioned. Frederick could change protections and stop a lot of those problems before they even started; Looney was good but he just wasn't on that kind of levle.
Frederick is widely regarded as the smartest player on the team. He was an engineering major.

Their is a video clip somewhere with Zeke talking about Frederick's intelligence.