User Mock 2/7/18

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If you draft BPA it is not pathetic drafting.

If you draft for need and pretty much need only...THAT is pathetic drafting.

If the draft fell the way it did on this exercise...Ward (or Jackson) would be the BPA by a good degree...would not even be close.

Also keep in mind...this was a no trading mock.

Chances are with the players there sitting on the board, a trade down would have been an ideal situation to take.
BPA if you're Dane Brugler or Mel Kiper. Not BPA when the player isn't a scheme fit. Cowboys (and Richard) look for height/length which Ward doesn't have either.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
if this mock is in real time...as it stands today...our starting OG is Chaz Green because Jonathan Cooper is hurt.
Let that sink in.
I'd rather play Green at OG or sign a vet in free agency versus usinuu a freakingf first round pick not just onoffense but on the offensive line.

The idea is offensive.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis ? Scandrick?
Lewis still has the length of a taller player and was a 3rd round pick. Scandrick was here before Marinelli and Kiffen and was a 5th round pick. Richard's seahawks drafted Richard Sherman in that same round as Scandrick.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lewis still has the length of a taller player and was a 3rd round pick. Scandrick was here before Marinelli and Kiffen and was a 5th round pick. Richard's seahawks drafted Richard Sherman in that same round as Scandrick.
everybody said wealways draft big bodied WRs but we took switzer last year, I don't discount any type of player apart from sadly a true 1tech

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This draft was okay.

I kind of have an issue with those of you that thought Rashaan Evans would be a good pick at 19 though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
everybody said wealways draft big bodied WRs but we took switzer last year, I don't discount any type of player apart from sadly a true 1tech
Switzer was a kickoff and punt returner pick.

Basically a Dwayne Harris replacement, minus the dreadlocks.

We as fans just got ahead of ourselves and thought for one second this staff would roll out a white slot WR attack like the Patriots.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bert Bell?

The NFL commissioner from 1945-1959?

If you want to criticize a prospect, it helps to know their name.

It really ruins the effect when you don't.
considering how he played...does it matter?
(Byron Bell)....not a prospect....for the record.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No he was not. Last thing we need is another smallish player. With Hernandez this there, Payne, if we're going corner take the guy with actual ballskills in Jackson. I'm just disappointed in this draft.
then you don't follow BPA which is fine.
I would prefer Wii Hernandez or Wynn but Ward was rated [pre-Combine] so far ahead of everybody left on the board.
It's a no brainer to the BPA school.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Vote on the Cowboys. Give it some time to let people see.
we should take " wide receiver....Washington.... from oklahoma st...the dude is fast and a beast and runs crisp routes and catches anything thrown in his vicinity and is very humble...he is a stronger version of Odell beckham...odell ran a 4.43 40..Washington a 4.44...but Washington is 20lbs heavier ( pure muscle ) and his verticle is 39.5 inches..they are both 5'11"...Washington rips the ball away at high point from 6'3" db's....if he is there would be fools not to take him....so probably we wont take him

Hardline

Reaction score
No he was not. Last thing we need is another smallish player. With Hernandez this there, Payne, if we're going corner take the guy with actual ballskills in Jackson. I'm just disappointed in this draft.
We just got the best CB in the draft that was projected in the top 10.
Ill take it.