User Mock 2/7/18

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yup...game is won in the trenches...yet we go small in this mock. Go figure..:rolleyes:

We need a NT like Taven Bryan Florida

or a MLB like Leighton Vander Esch MLB Boise St.:grin:
Agreed. I don't believe Ward is BPA and think he's a bigger name Anthony Brown in his highlights I see issues fans who just voted to take him in this thread complained about. He doesn't make plays on the ball that Joshua Jackson makes or come close too. I don't get the hype of Ward and he's a slot corner in the NFL 5'10 without elite ball skills. I watch film, if we go corner we need the 6-1 guy who can stay with the top WRs not a 5'10 guy who will get abused. I love Taven Bryan but to me he's a 3-Tech and I think Vander Esch is undervalued because he plays up here in the Pacific Northwest in the Mountain West Conference. He's steadily improved every year into an all-american level player.

Also, Payne is the guy I would take here not just because of need but because he's BPA. I believe that you have to take talent and also acknowledge what your team needs. I think he's one of the BPA and a need at 19. He's a football playin' Jesse as MArk Schiereth would say. We just buy into this we need Corners and WR BS.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we should take " wide receiver....Washington.... from oklahoma st...the dude is fast and a beast and runs crisp routes and catches anything thrown in his vicinity and is very humble...he is a stronger version of Odell beckham...odell ran a 4.43 40..Washington a 4.44...but Washington is 20lbs heavier ( pure muscle ) and his verticle is 39.5 inches..they are both 5'11"...Washington rips the ball away at high point from 6'3" db's....if he is there would be fools not to take him....so probably we wont take him

So you love Washington?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Agreed. I don't believe Ward is BPA and think he's a bigger name Anthony Brown in his highlights I see issues fans who just voted to take him in this thread complained about. He doesn't make plays on the ball that Joshua Jackson makes or come close too. I don't get the hype of Ward and he's a slot corner in the NFL 5'10 without elite ball skills. I watch film, if we go corner we need the 6-1 guy who can stay with the top WRs not a 5'10 guy who will get abused. I love Taven Bryan but to me he's a 3-Tech and I think Vander Esch is undervalued because he plays up here in the Pacific Northwest in the Mountain West Conference. He's steadily improved every year into an all-american level player.

Also, Payne is the guy I would take here not just because of need but because he's BPA. I believe that you have to take talent and also acknowledge what your team needs. I think he's one of the BPA and a need at 19. He's a football playin' Jesse as MArk Schiereth would say. We just buy into this we need Corners and WR BS.

I could live w/ Payne....but Bryan just screams Cowboys IMO. His highlight tape is unreal. Constantly double teamed...and he isn't getting moved...and sometimes he's blowing that up as well. That guy is just country strong. All day long. Really is just a freak. I love the idea of a guy that is gonna constantly draw the double team. We haven't had that guy on the interior...since???? jesus....seems like forever. He keeps Lee clean to make plays. Allows Collins to move to the 3tech...which I think improves his game. Honestly...w/ this pick...your improving 3 players....maybe even 4...because your not always gonna be able to double Lawerence either.

If it's me...I'm taking Bryant...and finding a way to get back up for Vander Esch....kind of like how we got Lawerence. If that costs us a 3...so be it. We would be solid up the middle for years.;)

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you love Washington?
mr Risen Star--- sir yes i do ... i have done my homework on him....the dude is a humble beast and very fast...faster football speed then track speed and his track speed is really good...strong as an ox and jumps through the roof....incredible precision route running...he may have a second round grade but if we dont take him first round he will be gone before pick 50...if somehow we can trade back to New Englands first and pick up another second...beautiful first round pick at 31...then have pick 50 and 62...get a DT and OT or Gaurd or linebacker or safety...have 3 essential holes filled
with high quality starters before getting out of 2nd round...what do you think of trading up to get the elite saftey "James"?..yes we lose 2nd round
but he could be one of those super elite players?