Vander Esch Discusses Move To Middle Linebacker

Reaction score
Was hoping they would make this move. Especially with Nolan on board. Jaylon can really rush the passer and imo is more of a WILL

Here’s my quick take on it

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I like Smith alot.

He has been a real inspiration with what he has overcome.

Having a good surgeon was the difference for him.

Interesting story for our team as a whole.

And to make the Pro Bowl had to be his wildest dreams come true.

Would be mine.

Dreams were coming true with Jaylon and LVE in 2018. Jaylon looked hobbled, and increasingly so, all 2019. Physically regressed. I didn't see Pro Bowl play out of him last year. Often, just bad play. And getting worse as the season went on.

If he can play at the 2018 level, I'd be happy. I don't know what the physical problem was, and they never said, but if anything got fixed, I haven't heard.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Jaylon retreats from blocks. LVE has the best size and length to take on blocks and shed them. He can improve. And now with some beef at DT, it will be harder for the oline to get to him.
I don't like either of them at the mike. He never shed blocks before I hope he can pick up the technique quickly. This front office and previous staff's i just feel like they never put young guys in positions to succeed. However I feel he has a very high ceiling and can excel at the spot with coverage ability if they use him properly

black label

Reaction score
da7bd5ae0b358492e860bb8acbc07ace28500ee3629d0a6e2be108b7fe880402.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That’s his best attribute.

Yes, at 245 lbs he's close to as big as a lot of DEs, and with 4.5 speed (if he got back to college level speed) he's at least as fast as most DEs.

The problem has been other teams can run all over the Dallas DTs in many cases, with Poe in the middle that shouldn't happen as much, leaving Smith more pass rushing opportunities...