Vegas over/under for Dallas. 8.5 wins

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Cautiously take the over. Cautiously. I don't like the whole game by game analysis at this point but if you look at the schedule in tiers:

Division: 4-2 (split with Philly, spit the bit somewhere else in a *** game).........change to 3-3

Tier 1: @Saints, @Patriots, @Bears, Rams 2-2

Tier 2: Packers, Vikings 1-1

Tier 3: Dolphins, @Jets, @Lions, Bills 3-1.........change to 2-2

That's conservative and would work out to 10 wins. Even if you go 1-3 in the Tier 1 games, that's still 9 wins.
Then you have 8-8 , it is possible.
The Div games could be tougher than cowboy fans think, and same for the Afc East games.

However I still find the vegas prediction of 8.5 wins, a little low.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I could see over; I could also see under. Not sure why everyone is so shocked at this. The offense could be better IF Moore finally found something he can actually do in the NFL. New QB coach (again), tough schedule, same invisible coach. Who knows?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yes. A guy has us going 11-5 and we have fans complaining on how he got us there.
Yep. I am complaining to the board of trustees here at CowboysZone. I know Risen has paid his way into the front office. Then we have the curator, Reality and everyone’s nemesis, Idgit.

We will not lose our first game. Thank you everyone for additional “likes”.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yep. I am complaining to the board of trustees here at CowboysZone. I know Risen has paid his way into the front office. Then we have the curator, Reality and everyone’s nemesis, Idgit.

We will not lose our first game. Thank you everyone for additional “likes”.
you win

landryscorner

Reaction score
10-6 With JG and DAK we aren't ready for Primetime sorry to disappoint you homers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-over-under-win-totals

8.5 wins?

Dallas usually gets overvalued in Vegas because of the amount of casual betting action they get, but that seems just a touch too critical.

Something tells me folks are going to pile on the over here. What is it Vegas knows? They usually get this stuff right.
Yea same as last year . Although I’ve seen 9 too. Expectations are prob a little higher this year. I’m not sure they should be .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are no odds. What you bet is what you win or lose.
Right. If you want odds then you should bet to win division, conference or Super Bowl which are currently 7-5, 10-1 and 20-1 respectively.

Fire407

Reaction score
You guys get all worked up on what "Vegas thinks"...........ONCE AGAIN, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than how the bets are coming that is ALL that "Vegas" has an interest in.......not who wins games or seasonal records........they make their $$$$$$$$ on the betting.
You are 100% right that Vegas wants to even out the money on both sides of the bet. Actually, a "futures" bet, like betting the win total now, doesn't even have vigorish which is normally 10% added to a bet, so the bet is a much better value. When an early line comes out on individual games, Vegas doesn't hesitate to move the line to even out the money. I am still amazed though that Vegas more often than not gets point spreads right on or within a point of the final result. For example the Rams were favored by 7 points in the playoff game and they won by 8. Obviously a lot of things could have happened during the game that would have changed the result and in other games sometimes does. The Over 8.5 looks like a great bet now, and I won't be surprised if Vegas moves it to 9 or even 10. If you get a chance to bet it, do it now before it changes.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You guys get all worked up on what "Vegas thinks"...........ONCE AGAIN, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than how the bets are coming that is ALL that "Vegas" has an interest in.......not who wins games or seasonal records........they make their $$$$$$$$ on the betting.

Money doesnt lie.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You are 100% right that Vegas wants to even out the money on both sides of the bet. Actually, a "futures" bet, like betting the win total now, doesn't even have vigorish which is normally 10% added to a bet, so the bet is a much better value. When an early line comes out on individual games, Vegas doesn't hesitate to move the line to even out the money. I am still amazed though that Vegas more often than not gets point spreads right on or within a point of the final result. For example the Rams were favored by 7 points in the playoff game and they won by 8. Obviously a lot of things could have happened during the game that would have changed the result and in other games sometimes does. The Over 8.5 looks like a great bet now, and I won't be surprised if Vegas moves it to 9 or even 10. If you get a chance to bet it, do it now before it changes.
Good post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-over-under-win-totals

8.5 wins?

Dallas usually gets overvalued in Vegas because of the amount of casual betting action they get, but that seems just a touch too critical.

Something tells me folks are going to pile on the over here. What is it Vegas knows? They usually get this stuff right.

And yet we have fans declaring this is a Super Bowl team. I wonder who could be wrong?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Bingo. So often I see fans who don't get it - thinking "Vegas" is betting on a result. They're looking for action. They're not in the gambling business, they're in the money making business.