Very disappointed in the coaching

cern

Reaction score
it took the defense the better part of a quarter and a half to adjust to the ram's tight formation offense. but eventually they did. grade.....C-. the offensive game play was sound, but terrence steele just couldn't handle aaron donald who wrecked the offensive line. over and over. in truth, it didn't matter where donald lined up, he had a dominating performace. still, we had the lead at the half and ended up losing a one possession game. grade.....B. the 4th and 3 call is entirely on mac. poor decision, imo. the great landry often said you take the points when they're there. that decision gets an F. so much for coaching. could have been better, but wasn't the end of the world stuff.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He also has lost 7 of the last eight games where his team was down by a TD. His body of work is something that has trended downward and this year looks to be the same. Plus given the fact that he is asking to be given a massive contract it doesn't really bode very well for the future of the team.

He didn't lose us the game yesterday. Coaching yesterday was a problem that I thought we addressed by getting rid of Garrett. Only one game and Rams are one of the worst teams to start off against. No pre-season tape on them didn't help either. I have faith in the coaching staff and this team that we will play better.

Eddie

Reaction score
Dak wasn't the reason why we lost. But nor did he earn is $31 million either.

We could have lost with Andy Dalton at $7 million, and used the other $24 million on some other players ...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me McCarthy looked like a scam.

I never bought into his analytics crap.

These older coaches that have done things their way for so long will always go back to what they know. It's just how it is.

The problem here though is Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre are not walking through that door to play QB here.

Sean McVay has a garbage QB and he can make him look good by simply calling and offense that has the defense completely on their heels.

McCarthy even admitted that he was saying things just to get hired and he really didn't watch all of what he said he did.

The problem with the NFL is that it's a good ole boys league and Dallas chose McCarthy to get one of their good ole boys back in football. I hope it works out for us but he did nothing to change my mind as of now.

And please.. Don't be the fan who says that these coaches know so much more than we do. BS..

Football is football and once you learn it you can certainly question these guys who do moronic stuff like not kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 to tie the game late.
Middle school coaches in Texas know more than most around here. Get a grip.....

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He didn't lose us the game yesterday. Coaching yesterday was a problem that I thought we addressed by getting rid of Garrett. Only one game and Rams are one of the worst teams to start off against. No pre-season tape on them didn't help either. I have faith in the coaching staff and this team that we will play better.

I already said he wasn't the sole reason we lost the game but he certainly didn't do anything to help win it either. That's the difference between a guy like Dak and a Mahomes or Brady or Brees - Dak isn't the guy you are going to lean on to drive the team to a victory.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak wasn't the reason why we lost. But nor did he earn is $31 million either.

We could have lost with Andy Dalton at $7 million, and used the other $24 million on some other players ...

That is Dak Prescott.. Unless we are playing a terrible team then he balls out.

It's early so hopefully we see some progression but he is a caretaker QB that some fans think is a top 5 QB lol.

If Andy Dalton started for us yesterday I guarantee we get similar results.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Middle school coaches in Texas know more than most around here. Get a grip.....

I have a grip.

I've watched enough football to know that Dallas needs a serious sense of urgency if last night was the brand of football they think they are going to be able to play at a high level.

This is coin flip football. 8-8 / 9-7 brand.

Section446

Reaction score
That is Dak Prescott.. Unless we are playing a terrible team then he balls out.

It's early so hopefully we see some progression but he is a caretaker QB that some fans think is a top 5 QB lol.

If Andy Dalton started for us yesterday I guarantee we get similar results.
The reality is that the answer at QB isn't on the team right now, you aren't going to win anything meaningful with the amount of average we have at the position.

stiletto

Reaction score

Looked like the same old team to me. Dak/Gallup made a play that could've won the game but of course the Refs have to insert themselves. My biggest problem though, was that the Defense got absolutely trucked in the first quarter. The Rams pretty much won the game in the first quarter.. The Defense looked totally unprepared and sadly that is normal for this franchise. I said it in the game thread, I am just so sick of poor defensive football by this organization. It's ridiculous, it just seems like that particular unit can never come out and dominate. I mean there are other issues and this is just game 1 but the Defense should've looked a lot better than the offense especially early. I thought it was embarrassing. I just don't get it. Very frustrating.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Maybe he was hiding?

4HLM5DMRH2SK2ZMCQMC3A33VUI.jpg

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
To me McCarthy looked like a scam.

I never bought into his analytics crap.

These older coaches that have done things their way for so long will always go back to what they know. It's just how it is.

The problem here though is Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre are not walking through that door to play QB here.

Sean McVay has a garbage QB and he can make him look good by simply calling and offense that has the defense completely on their heels.

McCarthy even admitted that he was saying things just to get hired and he really didn't watch all of what he said he did.

The problem with the NFL is that it's a good ole boys league and Dallas chose McCarthy to get one of their good ole boys back in football. I hope it works out for us but he did nothing to change my mind as of now.

And please.. Don't be the fan who says that these coaches know so much more than we do. BS..

Football is football and once you learn it you can certainly question these guys who do moronic stuff like not kicking a field goal on 4th and 3 to tie the game late.

That is a big problem

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The reality is that the answer at QB isn't on the team right now, you aren't going to win anything meaningful with the amount of average we have at the position.

Rams got to a Super Bowl with Jared Goff.

Dak is fine but coaching needs to step up and they need to stop pretending like they have a special player at QB when he is just a high end care taker.

9darter

Reaction score
Fat Mike could've stayed at home and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Nolan has always been a crap hire.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Looked like the same old team to me. Dak/Gallup made a play that could've won the game but of course the Refs have to insert themselves. My biggest problem though, was that the Defense got absolutely trucked in the first quarter. The Rams pretty much won the game in the first quarter.. The Defense looked totally unprepared and sadly that is normal for this franchise. I said it in the game thread, I am just so sick of poor defensive football by this organization. It's ridiculous, it just seems like that particular unit can never come out and dominate. I mean there are other issues and this is just game 1 but the Defense should've looked a lot better than the offense especially early. I thought it was embarrassing. I just don't get it. Very frustrating.

Pretty much nailed it for me. And although I love the lamb pick, this is the result when you keep using picks on offense instead of defense. And Zeke ran all over them yesterday, but it means nothing if you cant stop the other team.

honestly, with this type of defense we do need a mahomes just to do anything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fat Mike could've stayed at home and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Nolan has always been a crap hire.

What was Nolan supposed to do about the DT's getting pushed 2 yards down the field on every play? What was he supposed to do about his linebackers and safeties looking like a deer in headlights?

This defense is simply not talented enough. Go get Papa hallas out of the grave. He isn't turning this unit into anything.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
On offense it all starts with the OL play.
Why do you folks thing Donald makes so much money?
Because he plays every game with disruptive power and makes plays each and every game. Thus he deserved to be the highest paid interior DL in the game. However, he ONLY makes $1.5 mil more a year than our over bloated Lawrence hahahaha. The question I want to ask is why does Lawrence make so much money? Does he come to play every game and disrupt every game he plays in? Does he impact a game like Donald does? If he were close than perhaps making $1.5 mil less per year would be warranted but Lawrence is not even in the same city block as Donald in terms to playmaking and disruption. Lawrence is an albatross to our team and makes way too much money for what he produces.