Veteran QB coach please

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody who wants Kellen Moore replaced has the faintest idea whether or not he’s actually good at his job or how his work compares to the work of any other QB coach in the league. They judge him solely on the improvement of a late fourth round pick who had no weapons for half the year and poor pass protection for all of it.
I don't know if he's any good or not, what I do know is when I see Dak on the sidelines he is normally alone. I don't see Moore getting in his ear, showing him plays on the iPad or even encouraging him. It may be Daks fault, some players think they know more than the coach. Dak was a fourth rounder that kept Moore on the bench. Maybe Dak doesnt want to listen. Who knows????

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I don't know if he's any good or not, what I do know is when I see Dak on the sidelines he is normally alone. I don't see Moore getting in his ear, showing him plays on the iPad or even encouraging him. It may be Daks fault, some players think they know more than the coach. Dak was a fourth rounder that kept Moore on the bench. Maybe Dak doesnt want to listen. Who knows????

For all Dak is or isn't, he def. isn't an egocentric know-it-all. If there isn't communication on the sideline (and we don't see that shot enough to know on TV), I doubt it's Dak shutting down a coach.

shabazz

Reaction score
The nonsense is all the hate you're trying to push. If you dont think a QB coach is important, you're full of crap. Proves what I've always thought of you.

And yet the super Qb Coach behind the meteoric rise of Mahomes is Mike Kafka

His first year ever as a Qb coach. This “Guru” was a backup till 2016 just looking for work.

Yeah, having an experienced, seasoned, successful Qb coach makes all the difference. It has nothing to do with Mahomes having talent in every measurable way

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His first year ever as a Qb coach. This “Guru” was a backup till 2016 just looking for work.

Yeah, having an experienced, seasoned, successful Qb coach makes all the difference. It has nothing to do with Mahomes having talent in every measurable way
Mahomes also has Andy Reid.

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s a long shot but perhaps the Cowboys can get an anatomically correct blow up doll of Andy Reid and attach it to Kellen Moore as he coaches Dak. I’m sure we will see a big improvement in his game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to to see his QBR in the top 20

conner01

Reaction score

Coaching can improve the skills you have
That I do believe
But coaching doesn’t make a bad player good, just better than he was
Not saying Dak is bad just that there are limits to coaching

conner01

Reaction score
Dak Prescott isn't going anywhere. I do like his intangibles but he isn't a smart QB. He holds the ball way, way too long which leads to being the MOST sacked QB in the NFL. He fumbles the ball. And he isn't an accurate QB. Can these be fixed or improved? Maybe but Kellen Moore sure isn't making a difference as QB coach.
A vet as a semi coach is not bad but takes a roster spot and takes cap space
Just hire a coach
He won’t take a roster spot or cap space
I can’t imagine linehan is coming back or Moore stays when he leaves

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of coaching geniuses on this board. Any volunteers?

I'm no genius, but I'd be willing to give it a go. I'd probably employ more English football-style lessons to be honest though, so I'd probably be rubbish at it (other than teaching Dak how to draw a roughing call haha).

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'm no genius, but I'd be willing to give it a go. I'd probably employ more English football-style lessons to be honest though, so I'd probably be rubbish at it (other than teaching Dak how to draw a roughing call haha).

So, for all the hating and second guessing that goes on here, I'll say this:

JJ, JG, and SL all know SO MUCH more about football than anyone posting here. Anyone who thinks they could do better is mentally impaired. We can not like a call, not like a trade, or whatever, but these dudes have mad football smarts.

Same goes for Moore, but to a lesser extent.

It's fine to want a different HC/OC, just don't think YOU could do it better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, for all the hating and second guessing that goes on here, I'll say this:

JJ, JG, and SL all know SO MUCH more about football than anyone posting here. Anyone who thinks they could do better is mentally impaired. We can not like a call, not like a trade, or whatever, but these dudes have mad football smarts.

Same goes for Moore, but to a lesser extent.

It's fine to want a different HC/OC, just don't think YOU could do it better.

Oh, no doubt. I just would like to get a different coach. I dunno how to do the coaching bit as all I've ever coached was youth English-style football. However, surely there's better coaches than what we've got.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As long as linehan is the OC then Moore made sense to help tell Dak how to run his system. Moore may not have been physically able to play in the NFL he had extensive knowledge of linehans system. Moore outplayed Dak in preseason, in practice, and in the classroom. Moore may not be able to fix daks mechanics but there's not enough practice time for that during the season anyway. While I doubt a new OC and QB coach can make big improvements with a limited QB I think it's worth a shot this off season. It can't hurt anyway Dak can't get much worse.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

well if the qb has some skills it makes coaching easier.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if he's been coach to hold the ball, keep his eyes downfield and wait for receivers to come open? We need QB coach and OC.

Let's send him to QB school 101..... I mean what the heck let's sacrifice this roster and America's team till Dak gets it right baby!!

P.S. Think it would be easier to go get ourselves a real QB thru the draft or FA....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Impossible to evaluate Moore and the rest of the offense because of Dak and impossible to evaluate Dak because of the rest of the offense and Moore?

No. Nobody said it’s impossible to evaluate a QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’ll have to pay more attention. I haven’t noticed, either way.