Vic Beasley being released today

Aven8

Reaction score
From Tennessee. He’s only 28. This is a try out deal I might think about. Not to save our season, but to start the rebuild effort and see if he fits.

If I’m Seattle I’m all over this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a player I liked in the NFL combine and would not have minded if they drafted if.
I do not know enough about him now to say one way or the other.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he hasn't done anything for two teams. we need to stay away from.

on a side note, for as disappointed as we were in our FA's when you look around the league at guys who were picked up as FA's or trades there are a lot of failures. Taking a shot isn't necessarily a bad thing but expect to be disappointed. If it works, its a nice surprise.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
From Tennessee. He’s only 28. This is a try out deal I might think about. Not to save our season, but to start the rebuild effort and see if he fits.

Dont ever talk bad about Jerry's gm skills lol

slick325

Reaction score
Pete Carroll should jump at signing him. Somehow, Beasley will probably end up being a beast in the Pacific Northwest.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

why is he being released? I do remember he was highly touted, but that's 6 years ago...

not saying he is bad, but is he a building block or is he depth? on this team he maybe a starter, but that ain't saying much

Plankton

Reaction score
If you think that Robert Quinn was bad against the run, you haven't seen anything until you watch Vic Beasley.

And Beasley isn't anywhere near the same caliber of pass rusher as Quinn. Hard pass.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrible locker room guy. Minimal effort player. Atlanta let him walk and they need pass rushers as much as anyone.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He failed his last try out deal. What makes anyone thing it'll work here? He needs to take this year off and work on his game for next year if he wants to keep playing.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This team doesn't have edge rush issues. It needs rush up the middle. If we had good interior line play, Tank would have the sack numbers that yall want to see and then a lot of yall will say he's worth the contract.

Agree, that middle of the DL has to be solid and then everything else works off that. We have not been solid there since Glover.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you think that Robert Quinn was bad against the run, you haven't seen anything until you watch Vic Beasley.

And Beasley isn't anywhere near the same caliber of pass rusher as Quinn. Hard pass.
I think we all wanted Quinn. Just not at the price.