Vinny Out of shape??

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
I hate to say it but this soon to be 41 year old doesnt look to be in such great shape as alot of people have said. This is clearly shown by the fact alot of his deep balls have been underthrown this past week and the previous week. Not to mention he's practically lobbing those passes on the flats, there very armed throws. Now if this guy has such a great arm the only reason why there coming out so slow and falling so short is because this guy is losing his legs in his throws. He got worn down by the texas heat yesterday for sure. In general at times he looks clueless sometimes on the field. some of those picks were just awful.

Bring In Henson or Romo now before Vinny blows the season for us.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
hostile haha....

Hey you said you thought henson would be starting this year right after the bye didnt you?

Were not doing better ten 8-8 with Vinny , I say we give Romo or henson a shot now and see what they bring to the table , who knows they might surprise us and if not all the better for next year, cause were going no where fast with Vinny.

silver

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
I hate to say it but this soon to be 41 year old doesnt look to be in such great shape as alot of people have said. This is clearly shown by the fact alot of his deep balls have been underthrown this past week and the previous week. Not to mention he's practically lobbing those passes on the flats, there very armed throws. Now if this guy has such a great arm the only reason why there coming out so slow and falling so short is because this guy is losing his legs in his throws. He got worn down by the texas heat yesterday for sure. In general at times he looks clueless sometimes on the field. some of those picks were just awful.

and it was 120 degrees out there. even the best of the best athletes would have worn down a bit. relax, the guy did complete a 37 yarder at the end to seal the victory.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

I can't say how much I disagree with you.........If you were to bring in either one of the two QB's mentioned at this point in time .......Well talking about blowing a season that would do it.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MikeD17 said:

I tell you what...you throw around 85 times in two games with one being at Cowboys Stadium where it was around 110+ degrees and let's see if you lose a little zip on the ball....if you could even throw it half as far as Vinny can.

BTW...Vinny currently leads ALL nfl QBs with 677 yards....the next person in yards totals is Marc Bulger with 557...that just happens to be about 120 yards less.

:rolleyes:

Man alive some people and the love of those no longer here. :(

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
CB My logic is that with Vinny were not making the playoffs anyway, we will do no better then 8-8 , so why not give henson or romo a shot and see what they can do. They might surprise us and do better then vinny and if not at least there more prepared for next season .

Why waste a year with Testerverde when our two backups could probably do an eqaully a good job , and could grow and mature into qbs for next season??

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I tell you what...you throw around 85 times in two games with one being at Cowboys Stadium where it was around 110+ degrees and let's see if you lose a little zip on the ball....if you could even throw it half as far as Vinny can.

BTW...Vinny currently leads ALL nfl QBs with 677 yards....the next person in yards totals is Marc Bulger with 557...that just happens to be about 120 yards less.

:rolleyes:

Man alive some people and the love of those no longer here. :(

Could not agree more BP........His arm was probably still sore frome the 55 he threw last week.

Reaction score
WOW!
Isn't it refreshing to be saying, the ole guy might have lost some zip on his passes in the 120 degree heat vs last years....Why was he throwing it into triple coverage?

Seems like the young QB's wish they were like Vinny!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
hostile haha....

Hey you said you thought henson would be starting this year right after the bye didnt you?

Were not doing better ten 8-8 with Vinny , I say we give Romo or henson a shot now and see what they bring to the table , who knows they might surprise us and if not all the better for next year, cause were going no where fast with Vinny.
I did say that. I still want Henson to start at some point this year. That doesn't change the fact that your weekly "the sky is falling because our QB is not who I want" posts are old already. It's just 2 weeks into the season for crying out loud.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Ok hostile , your right its not who I want , I think we'd be better served with Carter but thats no longer a reality , I guess im still bitter .

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
CB My logic is that with Vinny were not making the playoffs anyway, we will do no better then 8-8 , so why not give henson or romo a shot and see what they can do. They might surprise us and do better then vinny and if not at least there more prepared for next season .

Why waste a year with Testerverde when our two backups could probably do an eqaully a good job , and could grow and mature into qbs for next season??

MikeD why don't we wait to at least midseason and let's see what our W & L record is before we make that decision.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Hallelujah!!

Shout it from the housetops Brother Brain.

:D

You know it is bad when I say something about that topic. :eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

That is about the dumbest thing I have seen around here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

you really do make yourself into a bigger moron everytime you post...

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
MikeD why don't we wait to at least midseason and let's see what our W & L record is before we make that decision.
Cbz40, you're out of line. He knows football. If he says we will only make it to 8-8 it might as well be gospel truth with prophets selling the predictions to the National Enquirer.

Cool your jets man. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You know it is bad when I say something about that topic. :eek:
I'm ready to sing the hymns with you man.

You know I will. Pound that pulpit.

;)

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Your going to see Testerverde wear down like an old pair of tres as the weeks go by, this guy looks out of gas already.

This guys arm is overrated as well as his fitness level.