Violence at Sporting Events

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a slow decline of society.

The fact that people get so heated at sporting events is sad. Booze, lack of brain cells, and a macho attitude has made going to some events not fun anymore.

John, I'll be honest with you, when I was younger I didn't have a lot of money. I would save money for a year or even two trying to take my Son to a game. Today, I am thankful that I have the money to be able to take the entire family to games and not be concerned about the money. Problem is, I don't think I would take any of the Grandkids to a game today.

I hate that it has to be this way but it's the world we live in.

John813

Reaction score
John, I'll be honest with you, when I was younger I didn't have a lot of money. I would save money for a year or even two trying to take my Son to a game. Today, I am thankful that I have the money to be able to take the entire family to games and not be concerned about the money. Problem is, I don't think I would take any of the Grandkids to a game today.

I hate that it has to be this way but it's the world we live in.

It's the threat of violence and the vulgarity at games too that sucks.

Even for hockey games in South Florida we would get fans that would just cuss, threaten others and harass.

Usually it was Philly fans but it's just not a fun environment for me and my wife. Let alone bringing a kid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's the threat of violence and the vulgarity at games too that sucks.

Even for hockey games in South Florida we would get fans that would just cuss, threaten others and harass.

Usually it was Philly fans but it's just not a fun environment for me and my wife. Let alone bringing a kid.

I know man. I hear you and agree with your sentiments 100%.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's a slow decline of society.

The fact that people get so heated at sporting events is sad. Booze, lack of brain cells, and a macho attitude has made going to some events not fun anymore.

I agree with you John, except I'm not so sure the decline is that slow. Unfortunately it seems to be picking up steam.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't believe this attack was related to the sporting event in any way other than it being near the stadium. From my understanding, these attacks have been occurring in Minnesota more frequently and it related to stealing cell phones.