Virginia Tech CB Adonis Alexander To Enter Supplemental Draft

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Really, really like him. 6'3", really long arms, roughs up WR's in press.

BUT likes the marijuana and had some academic problems. Not sure we'd touch him. I wonder if we'd throw a 5th rounder at him in the supplemental based on his talent/size and if someone outbids us, so be it.

vt_fb_adonis_alexander_2016_02.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
Kid is kind of a knucklehead like King said.

But I might even throw a 4th rounder into the mix. Yeah he's got his issues but his upside, for a 4th round pick, is well worth it IMO.

VACowboy

Reaction score
He was looking good until last season. Looked kind of lost this year. He has the size Richard likes, but I don't think the team wants to be dealing with another pothead.

rkell87

Reaction score
If Holton Hill went undrafted I don't see how this guy is but he's got NFL ability for sure. Don't see us participating in the supplemental draft.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This guy actually has Richard Sherman like height. It cracks me up when I read about guys like Awuzie and Marquez White having that "length" Kris Richard likes. Neither of those dudes are even a legit 6' tall.

Sherman was 6'-2.5"

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftboard.net/adonis-alexander/

Notes

• Incredible body control. Amazing interception.
  • Has a pro frame at 6-3 that he needs to fill out. Also, it is unlikely that his 40 time is still 4.92.
  • Played safety in high school.
  • Played safety as a freshman at Virginia Tech.
  • Plenty of explosion in his legs. If he posts another 41 inch vertical, that will impress NFL scouts at the 2018 NFL Combine.
  • Second team Freshman All-American, as a safety, 2015.
  • Arrested on marijuana possession in April 2016. Suspended for 2016 season opener.
  • Virginia Tech may consider moving Adonis Alexander back to safety in 2017.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Id definitely take a late round flier on him. We can talk pot issues and reference Gregory, but we aren't talking about a top 60 pick

vaturkey

Reaction score
Sounds like a genetic freak who has a Bobble Head. If he can play safety he probably has all the tools. Although I'm not sure about his speed.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftboard.net/adonis-alexander/

Notes

• Incredible body control. Amazing interception.
  • Has a pro frame at 6-3 that he needs to fill out. Also, it is unlikely that his 40 time is still 4.92.
  • Played safety in high school.
  • Played safety as a freshman at Virginia Tech.
  • Plenty of explosion in his legs. If he posts another 41 inch vertical, that will impress NFL scouts at the 2018 NFL Combine.
  • Second team Freshman All-American, as a safety, 2015.
  • Arrested on marijuana possession in April 2016. Suspended for 2016 season opener.
  • Virginia Tech may consider moving Adonis Alexander back to safety in 2017.

Well we didn’t draft a safety this year. Looks like he could play there.

Londonboy

Reaction score
That 40 time can't be right...…..4.92??
I'm not one to obsess about metrics, but that's mediocre for a DE.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Byron Jones, Chido Awuzie, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Marquez White. Unless you want to talk about moving someone to safety, it's probably he won't make the team. I guess put in a 7th rounder, but someone else would probably outbid that.