Vita Vea. Trade up?

DHCBF66

Reaction score
OK, So, I am not one to want to throw picks away to trade up and get "that guy", seldom does it work out (see Mo Claibourne). BUT...Vita Vea. Most mock drafts have him going to the Commanders at #13. If he falls to say #10 or #11 would you as a fan be willing to give up our 2nd rounder to jump up in the draft to get him? In this case I would. Vea is going to be a beast in this league, a game changer that we need. With all the comp picks we have, moving back into the 2nd round is not impossible but even if we don't, this guy is worth it!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Based on our history to draft seriously injured players or TE’s in the 2nd round. I wouldn’t be opposed to it

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I really like Vea and hope he's there at 19, but I can't justify trading up for a DT.
Only if he got within a couple picks of us would i weigh the price. If he goes early I'm hoping Payne is there. If not, I go some other position (OL most likely) or trade down & try to target Settle or another NT in a later round.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Even if they shifted their philosophy on big-bodied 1Tech's, I doubt that they would shift so much that they'd now be willing to use multiple resources on one.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Commanders and Chargers are the teams most commonly mocked with the 2 big dirt eaters.
Like most Im adverse to giving away picks, so if I was in our war room I would be closely monitoring everything coming out of those camps. If Vea goes and it sounds like the Chargers do want Payne, a small trade up to get ahead of them would work.
Dont want to be stuck with a wiped out board and have to pick up Hurst and shuffle the line. That would be my worst case senario...

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
If we can't draft him then we draft someone to control him. Stay put drafting another Zack Martin can't hurt.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The Secret Sauce needs some Polynesian flavor to complete the recipe.

John813

Reaction score
If we are set on a DT in round 1, stay put. A good one will fall to us. May not be a freak sized one, but someone potentially good will fall.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we can't draft him then we draft someone to control him. Stay put drafting another Zack Martin can't hurt.

As much as I want Vea, I can get behind this. I think our focus in the first round needs to be the trenches, possibly in the first two rounds.

Of course, it's going to depend a lot on what we do in free agency.

erod

Reaction score
There are several nose tackles in the first three rounds.

However, the Cowboys continually show they don't like the idea of drafting nose tackles high.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You know, it's really funny. I've been talking Football with my Son since he was about, well, since he was I guess. Now, in the early years, he didn't really talk back much but he's gotten a lot better at that part.

Anyway, thats been a few years now. The other day, we were talking about this very thing. Both he and I like Vea. He asked me the same thing. I told him that I didn't think it was really even worth discussing. I mean, I think this is the way for us to go and maybe the introduction of Richard helps with this but, I just don't see it. Vea is not what we ever look at in this scheme. I think Hurst is what we look for at DT and I doubt that we would move up and spend that kind of capitol to take Vea. Especially if Hurst is still on the board and I see no reason why he would not be. There are a good 8 or 10 DTs that could go in the first 3 rounds. I would love to get that guy but honestly, I just don't see it.