Vital to the Cowboys

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lionel Vital has been absolutely vital to the Cowboys as Director of College Scouting starting 2016.

He is from LA which is always a great start in football, help find Super Bowl Championship players for the Ravens, Patriots, and Conference Championship players for the Falcons. He was the best 2016 free agent signing the Cowboys have had in a long time.

He has worked with Bill Belichick, Ozzie Newsome, and Tom Dimitroff collecting 4 Super Bowl Rings. When Atlanta decided to go in another direction, Will McClay and Stephen Jones swooped in and got him to come to the Cowboys as Director of College Scouting. Since his vital arriving for the 2016 draft, the Cowboys drafts have yielded NFC player of the year, 9 starters, and 3 Pro Bowl players.

To read how he got to Dallas go to this link:
https://www.iberianet.com/news/cowboys-top-scout/article_c9ad4f42-f076-11e8-ab05-97da450336cb.html

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lionel Vital has been absolutely vital to the Cowboys as Director of College Scouting starting 2016.

He is from LA which is always a great start in football, help find Super Bowl Championship players for the Ravens, Patriots, and Conference Championship players for the Falcons. He was the best 2016 free agent signing the Cowboys have had in a long time.

He has worked with Bill Belichick, Ozzie Newsome, and Tom Dimitroff collecting 4 Super Bowl Rings. When Atlanta decided to go in another direction, Will McClay and Stephen Jones swooped in and got him to come to the Cowboys as Director of College Scouting. Since his vital arriving for the 2016 draft, the Cowboys drafts have yielded NFC player of the year, 9 starters, and 3 Pro Bowl players.

https://www.iberianet.com/news/cowboys-top-scout/article_c9ad4f42-f076-11e8-ab05-97da450336cb.html
Word homie. Thank you for disseminating this information.
Hopefully it catches on like measles.

slick325

Reaction score

Good read...Thanks for posting.

morat1959

Reaction score
Shhhhh! JJ doesn’t need to see this guy getting to much praise. He will be shown the door.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Vital was highly endorsed by McClay and has done an outstanding job with his scouts since 2016! Credit the FO with the addition.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Thanks for posting that :clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I winced at the pun in the thread title once I realized what the topic was. (He's not vital to anything so far as I can tell, having arrived only in 2016, by which time our drafts were already producing consistent results.) The article goes into way more detail about his past than I need to know about our Director of College Scouting. And at the end of the day it sounds like he was hired largely because he was nice to Will McClay 25 years ago (not a knock on his resume, but that's the story the article tells). But I do appreciate the info, which I likely wouldn't have come across on my own.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's good to see you happy! Warms my cockles...

It warms your WHAT? o_O

There was a saying back in my military days - 'don't ask, don't tell'.

So I won't ask.

CWR

Reaction score

:bow::bow: