News: Vivid Seats projects game to have 71% Rams fans and 29% Cowboys fans

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They apparently do this analysis by projecting billing zip codes. That means this is only fans from the Dallas area and doesn’t even include all the L.A. based Cowboys’ fans.

We have a legit shot to actually have more Cowboys’ fans in the stadium than Rams fans!

Full article and other interesting tidbits here:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-front-and-center-injury-report-cleaning-up/

:flagwave:

I will be shocked if the game isn't at least 50/50. That Vivid seats projection is obviously flawed b/c it presumes everyone buying tickets in the LA is a Rams fan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be shocked if the game isn't at least 50/50. That Vivid seats projection is obviously flawed b/c it presumes everyone buying tickets in the LA is a Rams fan.

They only have their own sales to base this off of.
No way they have access to Ticketmaster, Stubhub, Seat Geek sales.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
If they're only counting out of town zip codes, then our fan base will easily take over that stadium. Damn, this is the perfect away playoff game to go to. Majority of the fans will be rooting for the Cowboys, and it's a trip to L.A. in January. I wish I could afford to go, it's freaking freezing in DC right now.

TheViper7

Reaction score
It will be a takeover, there are a lot more fans in LA than the Bay Area. I was at the game in Candlestick when Romo got injured and the comeback. The Dallas crowd there was at least 30-40% Dallas. I expect 50-60% for the Rams game :thumbup:
This!^
I was at that game too. As well as the 2016 game at Levi stadium, Dak and Zekes rookie year. It was a home game for the Cowboys! Everywhere we went outside the stadium, to eat, wherever, Cowboys fans everywhere. Cali loves their Cowboys

droopdog7

Reaction score
This!^
I was at that game too. As well as the 2016 game at Levi stadium, Dak and Zekes rookie year. It was a home game for the Cowboys! Everywhere we went outside the stadium, to eat, wherever, Cowboys fans everywhere. Cali loves their Cowboys
Gotta factor in that the niners have sucked.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah if they aren't factoring in the Cowboy fans in LA then their numbers are useless.

I expect there to be more Cowboys fans then Rams fans.
If that’s based on zip codes then we very well could out number rams fans

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’ll be 65-35 In favor of Cowboys fans if not greater
I would be ecstatic with a 50 - 50 split.
As displaced as the state of California is though, I wouldn't put your projection out of the realm of possibility.
I hope your right.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Even without that factor, it’d still be the most away team fans of any game this weekend. That means Cowboys fans are traveling.

And let’s be honest, L.A. is awfully nice this time of year !

Let's be honest.

LA is awfully nice at any time of the year - but you gotta pay the cover charge lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Packers fans did that and you could see the reaction on the faces of the Rams players. Reminded me off how the Cardinal players would react to their home games in AZ when the Cowboys showed up. And that is not lost on the visiting Cowboys fans, they've always been louder and more demonstrative at away games.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
It’s amazing how people travel for these things.
I’m from California and a lot of my co workers went to that Clemson, Alabama game in the Bay Area. They were saying they met so many people who traveled from the east coast just to watch this game.
And that’s just college football.
I expect the Dallas game to have the same effect.

Falco78

Reaction score
If they're only counting out of town zip codes, then our fan base will easily take over that stadium. Damn, this is the perfect away playoff game to go to. Majority of the fans will be rooting for the Cowboys, and it's a trip to L.A. in January. I wish I could afford to go, it's freaking freezing in DC right now.
NOVA blows, I really wish I could move away from this dump lol

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Packers fans did that and you could see the reaction on the faces of the Rams players. Reminded me off how the Cardinal players would react to their home games in AZ when the Cowboys showed up. And that is not lost on the visiting Cowboys fans, they've always been louder and more demonstrative at away games.
It’s a lot different for a regular season game that fans can plan months and even years in advance for, versus a playoff game that the Cowboys didn’t even know they’d be playing until Sunday evening. The game was technically sold out at that point as well (though obviously aftermarket tickets remain).

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nearly 20% of the Superdome will be people from Pennsylvania? Eagles fans will likely be 25-30% if you factor in other zip codes too? Wow I’ll take that!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would be embarrassed as Ram players if the Cowboys pimped-out my house.

BTW......I read a tweet a couple days ago that Jerry is throwing a mega LA party this weekend. Not sure if it's before or after the game. Anyone else heard this?