Video: Voch - Kristian Fulton All 22 Film 2020 NFL Draft

JBS

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing his thought on Fulton..can you give me a basic recap of his thought twodeep? I won't be able to watch this video tonight...thanks

cnuball21

Reaction score
I love Fulton, just not as 17. I think he's a fringe 1st rounder, like I thought Chido was when we drafted him in the 2nd.

He has back to back above average PFF grades, good numbers in the SEC and solid athleticism. I think he can be a high end #2 caliber CB. Good trade back option in the 1st and steal in the 2nd.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing his thought on Fulton..can you give me a basic recap of his thought twodeep? I won't be able to watch this video tonight...thanks

He's a man coverage guy
Can play a little zone, but is best at man
Less athletic than Henderson or Okudah
Still athletic
a 4.4 guy
Good at finding the ball
He runs through the pass - he may have separation but will run through the receiver to break up the pass, even if late
He plays physical, but is handsy - will need to control the handsy aspect in the next level
Can play cover 3 - meaning with his back to the QB so says Voch
great hips

from the video it appeared he could stay with receivers
however, some did get a step
he stayed with them and used his hands to obscure the ball in flight
the Texas game he clearly mugged the receiver and drug him down before the ball - it was not called - goes back to being handsy

He will not be in the top tier CB's in this draft, but the next tier down

appeared to have recovery speed

nothing said about his tackling

++++++

From Draft Wire

Kristian Fulton | CB | LSU
Elevator Pitch

Fulton is a fluid, lengthy and technically-sound cornerback who brings instant starting potential as a prospect in the first round. He brings solid physicality in press and can also play in off-man, and he has more than adequate athleticism for his position. He should be one of the first defensive backs to come off the board in this year’s draft.

Vitals
Height | 6-0

Weight | 197

College Bio Page

Career Stats

Strengths
Fulton’s ceiling at the next level could see him become one of the league’s better cornerbacks early in his career.

A taller cornerback with good length along the outside, he has enough size to keep up with bigger wideouts in man coverage. He plays with solid physicality when attacking the ball in tight windows, and he can fight box outs well. That aggressiveness showed up in the stat sheet this past year, as he finished the 2019 season with 14 pass breakups. Fulton also possesses good athleticism, as his hip fluidity allows him to mirror routes and match most receivers step for step. He can change direction easily and can accelerate well coming out of his breaks.

Technical issues aren’t much of a problem for Fulton, as he plays with consistently good footwork in coverage and stays low in his backpedal. He does a great job of battling receivers’ stems and preventing them from attacking leverage points, and his recovery athleticism allows him to re-gain control if he ever does misstep. He offers some versatility, too, as he can excel in both press-man or off-man coverage.

Weaknesses
Fulton’s biggest weakness in his skill set is probably his tackling. He has shown some flashes in run support, but they come few and far between. He dives for the legs too often, and his pad level and overall play strength could be improved upon a bit. It could help him to add a little bit more bulk to his frame to help him become more consistent in dragging ball carriers down.

His lack of ball production is slightly worrisome, as he only had two interceptions at the collegiate level. He could improve at tracking the ball down and placing himself in the best position to make a play on it. Fulton also missed the entirety of the 2017 season for tampering with his urine sample for a PED test.

Projection: 1st Round

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score
Thank you very much, sir..much more thorough than I requested, and I appreciate that

I like Fulton...I'd trade down a bit if I was going to take him

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think I’m really starting to turn the corner on Fulton.

After reading some of Cromartie’s analysis of Henderson I’m a bit worried about him as an early contributor; struggles with understanding coverage concepts and fundamental corner techniques. Are they fixable possibly.

Someone likened Fulton to a backend 1st rounder and Chidobe Awuzie type prospect. I can see that too.

JBS

Reaction score

After reading some of Cromartie’s analysis of Henderson I’m a bit worried about him as an early contributor; struggles with understanding coverage concepts and fundamental corner techniques. Are they fixable possibly.

Someone likened Fulton to a backend 1st rounder and Chidobe Awuzie type prospect. I can see that too.

Which cbs does Cro like?

Gaede

Reaction score

If we pick him in a trade down, sure. I'm OK with that. At 17, we can get a better prospect than Fulton.

But I also agree about Cromartie's anaylsis of Henderson--huge red flags there

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If we pick him in a trade down, sure. I'm OK with that. At 17, we can get a better prospect than Fulton.

But I also agree about Cromartie's anaylsis of Henderson--huge red flags there

I have a feeling Henderson has made it by on just being a superior athlete than most guys he’s lined up against. Some of the stuff is just classroom stuff but you’re taking a risk that the guy wants to learn. Whereas you see a guy like Fulton making intelligent plays as a young player and you can see him contributing early.

Croomraider

Reaction score
The best DB in the draft..... biggest playermaker.... see's the field... understands the game... complete ballhawk... future hall of famer just like his pops.............. Antonie Winfeld Jr

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
IMHO, the sweet spot for CBs in this draft is low 1st, high 2nd.

There is the clear #1, a clear #2, and then a good handful that are jumbled together. If Henderson is gone, I am not sure if there is a CB worth #17, but if we wait for #52, we may be down to projects.