Wade and Jerry on the same page with the secondary personel?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Sorry guys, reading the articles about all the security detail we have following Pac Man around got me scratching my head again about our secondary.

Why would we go through all of this for with Pac Man....and ask him to be a Cover-2 CB?

Why would spend the #5 overall pick on Terrance Newman...give him a double digit signing bonus as a rookie...then extend him for 50M this offseason....and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Why would we bring Anthony Henry in, give him a double digit signing bonus...and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Why would we use 1st round pick on Mike Jenkins...and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Is it Wade...or these guys are not as good as Jerry thought they were? Again, I would think Jerry thought they were much better than they have shown!

Did I mention we gave Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin double digit signing bonuses as well? Would it be fair to suggest we have the MOST EXPENSIVE secondary in the NFL...yet we don't demand that they make plays!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
bbailey423;2305199 said:
Sorry guys, reading the articles about all the security detail we have following Pac Man around got me scratching my head again about our secondary.

Why would we go through all of this for with Pac Man....and ask him to be a Cover-2 CB?

Why would spend the #5 overall pick on Terrance Newman...give him a double digit signing bonus as a rookie...then extend him for 50M this offseason....and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Why would we bring Anthony Henry in, give him a double digit signing bonus...and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Why would we use 1st round pick on Mike Jenkins...and ask him to be a a Cover-2 CB?

Is it Wade...or these guys are not as good as Jerry thought they were? Again, I would think Jerry thought they were much better than they have shown!

Did I mention we gave Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin double digit signing bonuses as well? Would it be fair to suggest we have the MOST EXPENSIVE secondary in the NFL...yet we don't demand that they make plays!

Who knows?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I guess I am just a glass half full kind of guy.

We are 3-1, we have a proven defensive scheme, and we have players with the talent to play how they are needed to, no matter what is asked of them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Interesting take. We'll have to wait and see if anything chances through out the year but something tells me that it won't.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would trade giving up a BIG PLAY once in a while for an AGGRESSIVE, IMPOSING defense.

I really would.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this stretch would be a good time to play more man-they dont have to do it all the time but they have to do it more than the handful they are doing right now. this offense can absorb the defense giving up some big plays to the teams coming ahead.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2305310 said:
I would trade giving up a BIG PLAY once in a while for an AGGRESSIVE, IMPOSING defense.

I really would.

Like I said in another thread-you saw the Ravens/Steelers Mon Night game...we have more talent in the secondary than they do, but 90% of the time, their secondaries were playing the receivers pretty tight at the LOS.

You're right-we have nothing to lose by playing press coverage. If anything, playing press consistently(and effectively) will throw off the timing AND get the receivers frustrated. It's not just TO, it's alot of other receivers in the league too.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
YoMick;2305310 said:

I really would.
absolutley.....you are 100% correct....you do not let a team breathe a sigh of relief because they made a play against you...did you see the Eagles/Steelers...where the Eagles sacked the Steelers 9 times

Our players do not play with the temacity their size/speed would suggest because the scheme is passive

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
YoMick;2305310 said:

I really would.
right wit ya.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Last year the NY Giants surged at the end the of the year when they started to play bump n run more often. It also helped Corey Webster emerged as a cover corner. I believe the same pattern will follow with Dallas?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I had some Kashi Go Lean Crunch for breakfast this morning. Wade could use a little of that in his diet.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2305320 said:
playing press consistently(and effectively) will throw off the timing AND get the receivers frustrated.

bbailey423;2305337 said:
absolutley.....you are 100% correct....you do not let a team breathe a sigh of relief because they made a play against you...

Our players do not play with the temacity their size/speed would suggest because the scheme is passive

I agree. We let these inexperiences or journey man QB come in and have success moving the chains. I dont like it. Chances are we can take a good number of teams out early.

And we dont.

I often refer back to the Colts game from 2 years ago. That was it. We pressed and bumped WR's and passed them off to the secondary while they were STILL wobbling. Peyton could still hit them but they werent ready.

We gotta get back there.
Where is the real Wade... right now he is Bizzarro Wade.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
YoMick;2305358 said:
I agree. We let these inexperiences or journey man QB come in and have success moving the chains. I dont like it. Chances are we can take a good number of teams out early.

And we dont.

I often refer back to the Colts game from 2 years ago. That was it. We pressed and bumped WR's and passed them off to the secondary while they were STILL wobbling. Peyton could still hit them but they werent ready.

We gotta get back there.
Where is the real Wade... right now he is Bizzarro Wade.
we did that because we felt going in "we had nothing to lose". The Colts were like 9-0 if I recall.

Well Dallas needs to realize that EVERYBODY is playing us like they have "nothing to lose". Coaches on the hot seat...players whose jobs are on the line...players that are trying to impress Jerry Jones for possible future employment....players who want to impress family and friends about knocking out the team from "Hard Knocks". And we just sit back and let teams take what they want. I think the Skins are a good team....and Jason Campbell is growing into a solid QB....but notice I used the term "growing". We made him a HOFer Sunday. And he did not even have to work that hard....anything he wanted we GAVE him without putting up much of a fight. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbailey423;2305363 said:
we did that because we felt going in "we had nothing to lose". The Colts were like 9-0 if I recall.

Well Dallas needs to realize that EVERYBODY is playing us like they have "nothing to lose". Coaches on the hot seat...players whose jobs are on the line...players that are trying to impress Jerry Jones for possible future employment....players who want to impress family and friends about knocking out the team from "Hard Knocks". And we just sit back and let teams take what they want. I think the Skins are a good team....and Jason Campbell is growing into a solid QB....but notice I used the term "growing". We made him a HOFer Sunday. And he did not even have to work that hard....anything he wanted we GAVE him without putting up much of a fight. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NOW... 2 years later we are a team that "has everthing to gain"...... if we would only act like it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbailey423;2305337 said:
absolutley.....you are 100% correct....you do not let a team breathe a sigh of relief because they made a play against you...did you see the Eagles/Steelers...where the Eagles sacked the Steelers 9 times

You mean the same Eagles D that gave up 24 pts to a KYLE ORTON Bears team last week?:laugh1:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2305310 said:

I really would.

I would be right there with you.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
reddyuta;2305319 said:
this stretch would be a good time to play more man-they dont have to do it all the time but they have to do it more than the handful they are doing right now. this offense can absorb the defense giving up some big plays to the teams coming ahead.

You and YoMick are correct. Big plays happen all the time. That is the nature of the animal in man to man.

This offense is more than capable of responding to a big play every once in a while.

dest

Reaction score
If Wade doesn't decide on his own to start playing more press and man, I'm willing to bet Jerry will force the issue. Jerry knows we're built to win now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
bbailey423;2305199 said:

BECAUSE WADE IS A FREAKING IDIOT, THATS WHY:banghead: