Wade, Wade, Wade

tunahelper

Reaction score
He comes across as a clown in the PC. He cannot not even handle the media asking questions about this incident?

Think on your feet Wade its not difficult to dodge their questions and he looks like a deer in the headlights.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
That's the first time that I have ever seen him this upset with the media. He really looked uncomfortable up there and appeared to be clearly out of his element.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was an interesting comment made on FOX radio yesterday:

One of their experts referred to the Cowboys as a talented team "with a quarterbacks coach as its' offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator as its' head coach".

khiladi

Reaction score
stasheroo;2321811 said:

One of their experts referred to the Cowboys as a talented team "with a quarterbacks coach as its' offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator as its' head coach".

Isn't that usually how a progression to a higher-level of coaching is made?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
khiladi;2321822 said:
Isn't that usually how a progression to a higher-level of coaching is made?

How many years of 'progression' does a guy like Phillips need?

As for Garrett, he could still very well be 'learning on the job".

I guess the point that struck me was one I believe in - that some guys are good coordinators and poor head coaches.

They excel to a certain level but fail on the next one.

Guys like Buddy Ryan, Ray Rhodes, Norv Turner etc were excellent coordinators but poor head coaches.

I'm not blasting either Garrett or Phillips but the comment did get me wondering anyway.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
stasheroo;2321811 said:

Damn just think if we had a real coach we could have had someone who could've done a better job than 17-4 or 4-1 currently.

/sarcasm

A lot of people want to see Dallas fail. There isn't very many unbiased opinions when it comes to Dallas.

How many people do you know that have an unbiased opinion about the Cowboys who give a rats arse about football?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2321832 said:
Damn just think if we had a real coach we could have had someone who could've done a better job than 17-4 or 4-1 currently.

/sarcasm

A lot of people want to see Dallas fail. There isn't very many unbiased opinions when it comes to Dallas.

How many people do you know that have an unbiased opinion about the Cowboys who give a rats arse about football?

That sounds a lot like Wade's own "13-3" and "13 Pro Bowlers" from last year.

It didn't strike me as someone attacking the Cowboys but more of the guy's opinion of the team.

He seemed to 'talk up' the team's talent while possibly insinuating that the coaches weren't 'maximizing' that talent.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wade is 0-4 in the postseason

he just might not be the guy who'll put a team over the top

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow. Using a PC where Wade has to address an idiotic issue he had nothing to do with creating as justification to bash him again?

Figures.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2321857 said:
Wow. Using a PC where Wade has to address an idiotic issue he had nothing to do with creating as justification to bash him again?

Figures.

If you consider it 'bashing', feel free.

And be sure to mention the "4-1" as the cure-all too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
stasheroo;2321845 said:
That sounds a lot like Wade's own "13-3" and "13 Pro Bowlers" from last year.

It didn't strike me as someone attacking the Cowboys but more of the guy's opinion of the team.

He seemed to 'talk up' the team's talent while possibly insinuating that the coaches weren't 'maximizing' that talent.

And the poors Cowboys lost to the Giants in the playoffs just like the Bucs, Packers, and Patriots.

Wade has done a heck of a job with this team and he Produced a lot of W's.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321857 said:

Figures.

so this is the 1st thread in the history of the internets where it's gone off on another tangent? :rolleyes:

you're just as predictable, people bash Wade, and you run to his defense

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2321862 said:
And the poors Cowboys lost to the Giants in the playoffs just like the Bucs, Packers, and Patriots.

Wade has done a heck of a job with this team and he Produced a lot of W's.

Can't argue with the W's but I can question whether they're the result of Wade or if we're looking at Switzer Part II.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2321866 said:
so this is the 1st thread in the history of the internets where it's gone off on another tangent? :rolleyes:

you're just as predictable, people bash Wade, and you run to his defense

So Wade gives a crummy press conference? So what?

He can't coach because of his press conferences?

What is the beef with Wade? What does he do that is so bad?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
stasheroo;2321869 said:
Can't argue with the W's but I can question whether they're the result of Wade or if we're looking at Switzer Part II.

If Bill would have ever had this team this dominant than I could see your point.

And regardless of what you think about his defense it is still light years better than what we were running with Zimmer and its a proven defense.

I do believe there is problems that need to be fixed from a philosiphy stand point with his coverages.

But the guys for the most part play hard for him. Year round too.

Everyone on this team dedicates themselves year round to being a top flight football player.

He treats them like men and they respond to it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2321879 said:

Wade was brought in specifically to be "Mr Fix-It" for the Dallas defense.

He's had a year and a half and hasn't 'fixed it' yet.

That's one clear criticism I feel can be made.

But if you think he's maximizing this team's potential, you're entitled to your opinion.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;2321879 said:

It's funny, Galloway was actually saying he was glad to see Wade get so upset, because he showed some life and fire.

Hey did you see that shirt Wade wore on Monday? How ugly was that shirt? I told you he couldn't win a playoff game!