Want to really enjoy this game?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I figured out a few years ago that there was definitely corruption. I had a decision to make, find a way to enjoy the game despite the corruption, or leave it behind. So now, I focus on analyzing and having some fun w/ the numbers, figuring out some truisms and tendencies and such. Makes if fun for me.

Basketball got to be so corrupt I left it behind, though I wasn't near as big of a fan as I am of baseball and football.

Man, you have to ignore a ton of crapp to think there's nothing going on.

Yes there are so many examples they blur together after a while those tripping calls in NE really ticked me off . We could have won that game . I believe you cited a playoff game years ago where Jacksonville really got shafted by NE . Just hope at some point we are on the right side of it all and our turn comes up .
I knew it was really bad when nobody talked about any great plays that transpired over the weekend just all the bad calls . In an age with this technology to get everything right it has just become impossible for me to ignore any more

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I try, but I just cannot get into college sports. During the course of a season for most teams, too many of the games are blowouts. If they finally go to a decent playoff system, I am ready to give college football another shot, however!!!!

They simply must stop voting on who's the best. Prove it. 8 game playoff system is just around the corner, at which time my interest will go waaaaay up.
I agree with this even though I watch more college ball but they keep dodging the bullet every season. I can't really justify any other teams that deserve to be in the CFP THIS season. It gets close every season and then it all comes undone and we're left with 4. And this season are the cream. Maybe if Tua hadn't been injured, that would have changed it.

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree with this even though I watch more college ball but they keep dodging the bullet every season. I can't really justify any other teams that deserve to be in the CFP THIS season. It gets close every season and then it all comes undone and we're left with 4. And this season are the cream. Maybe if Tua hadn't been injured, that would have changed it.

I’m just glad it’s not Alabama YET AGAIN! My problem with college football? It seems like a handful of teams aren’t really colleges, but more like minor league or farm teams, drawing the highest percentage of blue chippers who couldn’t care less about college. Most of them come from the urban ghetto, and ‘they jus’ wants to get paid!’ Why don’t they just skip the charade?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Win or lose, I always enjoy it and likely, always will. I've invested most of a long life in being their fan.
There are some things that, for whatever reason, just refuse to change. I totally see that now!:thumbup:

It's just entertainment for me. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't affect anything that's really important. Still, I'd love to see us in another SB. It'd be icing on the cake.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put all of that negative vibe from the media, and this forum, out of your mind and focus on the only facts that matter right now.

Forget the records of both teams, they're playing for the East in the Game of the Week. The Cowboys are trying to be the first team to repeat in 14 seasons and the Eagles, the last to do that, are trying to prevent that from happening in front of what is going to be a crazed crowd because they've seen their team come from behind to win the last two games and set up this showdown. Add to this the embarrassment of the last time these two faced off and those fans won't need batteries to be humming. BTW, this would make 4 of the last 5 for DAL. The other one was PHL's SB run.

Truth be told, both fanbases have thought their team out of this but the play of both teams, DAL in NY and PHL in MIA, have kept each other in it and driven their fanbases out of their minds. Most not only thought DAL would lose to LAR but badly. Might that win offset that NYJ loss just a smidgeon? Some can't let that go.

Think the players will be thinking about the fact they're 7-7 and some are yelling about the playoff seeding system? Think that either care that they will, most likely, have the worst record of all 16 playoff teams but most certainly in the NFC. No, they will not. They will both be thinking it's all there, right in front of them and the only thing standing in their way is their most despised rival, the very team they would like to be the team that ends their season.

Not enough, yeah, wasn't for me either as I began my self sell because I just wasn't feeling it and then I called on my old friend and nemesis to help me out......history.

Bill Bergey, Ron Jaworski, the Pickle Juice game, Buddy Ryan and too many games to count that were heartbreakers and season enders. So many meaningful games played between these two teams and do not for one minute think this game is not meaningful.

The Skins are still my rival because of the abundant history but there's something special about the Eagles. I think it's the fact that their fanbase despises the Cowboys the most.

So, I put all of that together on a mental ledger to compare and beating the Eagles in their stadium in front of those fans and ending their hopes and their season beats the records and all of the BS we keep buying that we shouldn't be excited about this game. We are not worthy because of the record, to hell with that.

I hope you can "get that old East feeling" because for me, there's nothing like it in sports. Right now I don't care about the playoffs and what happens there. There is only one game that matters and I'll tell you, I didn't think the Cowboys would be the East champ before this season began so why in the hell should I care about the record? We are on the doorstep of where I did not think we would be and how can that be a disappointing season?

I feel like Saruman beholding his army before he sends them off to battle...….. "To War!!! To War!!!" C'mon, you know you want to do it. Go ahead, let yourself go and allow yourself to enjoy the battle. All together now To War!!! To War!!!
The only negative stuff I see is on here.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THIS and the previous Egals game is the only two that matter to me for the Boys to win. It's simply horrid living in Egals country when the Boys lose.

BOOM! GO COWBOYS!
Its no fun any where when they lose brother, people either like love or hate the cowboys every where and as popular as the boys are around the nation unless your in Texas you will see many more haters than lovers. I sympathize with you though It's probably pretty bad around the neck of the woods for cowboys fans win or lose.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I have often said that, if it weren't for the Steelers and the Eagles, Pennsylvania would be the most beautiful state in the United States.
The chocolate mountains are awesome to see, and upstate Pennsylvania is beautiful.
But the Steelers and the Eagles just ruin everything.

Agree. I've greatly enjoyed the time I spent in Pennsylvania, one of my favorite states. In fact I don't even hate the Eagles all that much. But that toxic yellow and black cancer in west PA does it for me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No can do, in fact some are conflicted that this game may be what saves his bacon. There's that possibility but vissie, I gotta say, any fan that can pull for the Eagles against the Cowboys just to get rid of Garrett should have already sought out a new team. If I were at that point, I would already be gone.

I can NEVER root for the Cowboys to lose. Not any game and definitely NOT against the Eagles.

After the fact I can be content with a loss in certain situations like this one.

I have been less against Garrett than most fans have been over the years; however, it is beyond time for a change.

Even if Garrett was a good HC, it would be time for a change.

There is a reason that the majority of coaches, even great coaches, change jobs many times over their careers.

Once a Head Coach "loses the locker-room", it's time to get a replacement.

ESisback

Reaction score
Its no fun any where when they lose brother, people either like love or hate the cowboys every where and as popular as the boys are around the nation unless your in Texas you will see many more haters than lovers. I sympathize with you though It's probably pretty bad around the neck of the woods for cowboys fans win or lose.

Here in Pennsyltucky, we is outnumbered! Surrounded by Eagle, Giants, Commanders and Steeler fans, ON TOP of the general nationwide “I hate the cowboys” mindset, it’s quite “dangerous”. I go into any house or store with my Dallas ballcap on, and I get people in my face, with everything between friendly smirks to outright hostility. A local bar has a school bus, painted green, with a big “Dallas Sucks” sign on the front. The city of Philadelphia has Dallas Week twice per season, an entire week devoted to tirades, diatribes, and petitions, as the unwashed masses get their freak on. Radio, TV, newspaper, magazine and internet explode with anti-Cowboy frenzy, as a huge mob of jealous, drunken, red headed stepbrothers and sisters pray to the Gridiron Gods to destroy the Evil Empire. It’s their equivalent to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, Pennsylvania’s no place to be for Dallas fans, especially at Christmas time....

kskboys

Reaction score
For many it’s about their Alma Mater. And I’m a homer for Big 12 and most schools in Texas.

Its all about the spirit of competition, tradition and rivalries that have been playing in the same stadiums for generations. To me it’s what College football is all about not who wins a championship.

The playoffs have ruined the Big bowl games. They are meaningless now except for those playoff games. The need for an absolute champion wasn’t necessary. Winning the conference and going to a big bowl game used to be enough and let the polling take care of itself.
It's all about money now. Playoff system = a ton more money. They will go to around 16 eventually, when they see how much the 8 teamer brings in.

College football is changing drastically, and quickly.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's all about money now. Playoff system = a ton more money. They will go to around 16 eventually, when they see how much the 8 teamer brings in.

Plus, they wants to get paid!

They should form a minor league, for those who don’t care about college.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m just glad it’s not Alabama YET AGAIN! My problem with college football? It seems like a handful of teams aren’t really colleges, but more like minor league or farm teams, drawing the highest percentage of blue chippers who couldn’t care less about college. Most of them come from the urban ghetto, and ‘they jus’ wants to get paid!’ Why don’t they just skip the charade?
I hear ya but that’s such a small segment about 10% of student athletes who turn pro and even a smaller percentage receive the huge paydays.

For the rest athletics provides them an opportunity for an education they might not have been afforded otherwise.

And football revenue generated basically supports the rest of sports and athletic scholarships provided. Remember sports are self sufficient in these states schools including the big salaries the coaches make.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

The money has been there for years at these big schools and conferences. TV coverage and ticket sales much like in the NFL has been the biggest segment.

And they don’t burden municipalities on increased taxes to build new stadiums while generating billions in revenue for cities .

ESisback

Reaction score
I hear ya but that’s such a small segment about 10% of student athletes who turn pro and even a smaller percentage receive the huge paydays.

For the rest athletics provides them an opportunity for an education they might not have been afforded otherwise.

And football revenue generated basically supports the rest of sports and athletic scholarships provided. Remember sports are self sufficient in these states schools including the big salaries the coaches make.
I agree that it’s a small percentage, but most players now are delusional—convinced that 10% includes themselves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that it’s a small percentage, but most players now are delusional—convinced that 10% includes themselves.
IDK... maybe it’s just 10% the public always hears about instead of the other 90% who are mostly good kids looking for opportunity of an education that playing sports provides.