Wanting to travel

Discussion in 'COVID Zone' started by strollinruss, Jan 9, 2022.

1. strollinruss

strollinruss Well-Known Member

896 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    I drive trucks so I’m all over all the time. Sure wanting to take the wife to Vegas for a long weekend. You guys still travel and just don’t worry about Covid? Just curious what everyone is doing nowadays. Hope this is an acceptable topic for this section

RustyBourneHorse, CWR and Whyjerry like this.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,484 Messages
    16,062 Likes Received
    Unless you are 80+ or weigh more than 300 lbs ........ I would not worry about it.

3. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    22,226 Messages
    27,138 Likes Received
    Go have fun and if you are really worried about it………take some vitamin D and C with some zinc :thumbup:

4. strollinruss

896 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    Dang. So close 6’ 3” 310

5. strollinruss

896 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    Man that’s what I’m thinking just kinda getting a feel for what everyone thinks. Heck I drive all over just not to keen on a mask for flying

Tabascocat likes this.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,484 Messages
    16,062 Likes Received
    a 6'3 guy weighing 300 lbs is not the same as a 5'10 guy weighing it.
    as long as you are healthy ...... go for it.

strollinruss and Robbieac like this.
  7. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

14,525 Messages
    12,131 Likes Received
    This is my problem as well. I don't worry about Covid. But I'm not getting on any flight that requires me to wear a mask. So flying is out. I'm also not going anywhere that is going to require proof of vaccination or any place I have to wear a mask.

8. VaqueroTD

VaqueroTD Well-Known Member

2,281 Messages
    5,066 Likes Received
    I travel for a living and can tell you that it’s different just about everywhere because the federal government cops out to the states, and the states cop out to the counties and local governments. So everyone has their own reaction. Right now traveling in Chicago and I have to show my vaxx card to get into restaurants. Saw some Georgia pilots who weren’t used to it get rude with the waitress because she couldn’t serve them. The same waitress thanked me for being nice about showing her my VAX card. Must get a lot of crap, poor girl, I feel for all these people stuck taking the outbursts. They ain’t making the laws. I’m also ready to help the poor 5’ stewardess and pile drive the fool next to me who makes a scene on the airplane because he has to wear a mask. I think omicron’s response is extremely over exaggerated, But I don’t need idiots around me making it worse when there’s already so much tenseness on a plane these days, and these people are just letting out their own immaturity more than any political message.

9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,474 Messages
    31,839 Likes Received
    You wouldn’t happen to have any experience playing Left Guard would you?…..;)

10. strollinruss

896 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    Actually right guard in college then moved to left tackle after a couple injuries forced me there.

RustyBourneHorse and lukin2006 like this.
  11. strollinruss

896 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    I appreciate your response. Yeah it’s a big you know what sandwich out there right now

12. Miller

Miller Well-Known Member

9,540 Messages
    10,648 Likes Received
    We’ve traveled a lot..Chicago, Colorado, California, Germany, Hawaii..just got back from DisneyWorld. We just mask up, fly snd follow the rules with where we go…needed vax cards to eat in restaurants in Germany and Hawaii but no hassle snd kids were vaxed

13. Longboysfan

Longboysfan hipfake08

12,999 Messages
    5,612 Likes Received
    Thank you for the international travel information.

Miller likes this.
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

11,466 Messages
    12,356 Likes Received
    Wearing the mask all the time can get annoying, but it's relatively safe to travel.

Whyjerry likes this.
  15. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,302 Messages
    3,237 Likes Received
    I travel frequently (but not as before COVID) and I have no worries about travel.

RustyBourneHorse and Whyjerry like this.
  16. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,423 Messages
    17,073 Likes Received
    Have taken 10 flights between LGA and DFW since September. All but one packed with no empty seats. No sickness for me or my companions, no incidents to report. Regrettably, the current environment is feeling like the new normal.

Whyjerry likes this.
  17. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

8,470 Messages
    14,259 Likes Received
    Live your life

Work out, eat as healthy as you can. Stay in a positive state of mind, get sleep and enjoy life.

If you want to travel it's a great time because there are fewer people doing it....cruises are only 30 to 50 percent full and its so much less crowded than usual.

Can't live life in fear, take steps you need to be comfortable but get out there and live to your fullest

18. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

11,712 Messages
    18,675 Likes Received
    Brother live your life. I just took my daughter to Boston for a couple days visiting schools. Wife and I went to FL in December. Going back in March. I was just in Philly for work. Booked my salmon fishing trip last night. Live your life! It’s fine. Make sure you have your masks for the flight and spritz on some hand sanitizer. You will be fine. Don’t be fearful. The news has everyone so scared. It’s fine. Good luck.

Jipper likes this.
  19. Whyjerry

11,712 Messages
    18,675 Likes Received
    I will say this…airfare is very expensive

20. Whyjerry

11,712 Messages
    18,675 Likes Received
    Yes. In Boston last couple days and they were militant about the vax cards in restaurants. Need to make sure you know the rules where you are going. Don’t want to go to Vegas and not eat out. I have a picture of my stupid vax card on my phone but insome places that’s not good enough.

Miller likes this.