Ware and Ratliff talk tough about players quitting

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Just checked out the Cowboys Radio Road Show from the team's website and heard DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff talking pretty tough about making sure there is no more quitting from any of the players on this team...

(The audio is rough. Whoever does this show for them has no clue.)

Ware and Ratliff on Radio Road Show - Nov 13th

If DeMarcus Ware has to get into a fight on the sidelines during a game to make sure there isn't any players quitting during the game and embarrassing the Cowboys I am all for it.

Sounds like Jay Ratliff maybe sent a message out that he's not going to put up with it any more either. Could even be that Coach Garrett has put the team on alert that this stuff won't be tolerated any longer or jobs will be lost. Just glad that it's being acknowledged and addressed as the team goes forward.

Jason Garrett in the defensive team meetings. The head coach is involved in all the facets of the team. Good to hear these things.

triplets92

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3694176 said:
Just checked out the Cowboys Radio Road Show from the team's website and heard DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff talking pretty tough about making sure there is no more quitting from any of the players on this team...

(The audio is rough. Whoever does this show for them has no clue.)

Ware and Ratliff on Radio Road Show - Nov 13th

If DeMarcus Ware has to get into a fight on the sidelines during a game to make sure there isn't any players quitting during the game and embarrassing the Cowboys I am all for it.

Sounds like Jay Ratliff maybe sent a message out that he's not going to put up with it any more either. Could even be that Coach Garrett has put the team on alert that this stuff won't be tolerated any longer or jobs will be lost. Just glad that it's being acknowledged and addressed as the team goes forward.

Jason Garrett in the defensive team meetings. The head coach is involved in all the facets of the team. Good to hear these things.

You can see it all over Jay's face last week that he has past his tolerance level for people quitting on the team I knew it was a matter of time before he vocalize it

Galian Beast

Reaction score
part of me feels like if we went on an 8 game winning streak we could still make the playoffs as a wild card...

how sad is that?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Demarcus Ware is soft...period! Doesn't mean I don't like him or I think he is talented but he is soft. It's his nature. I wish he had more Charles Haley in him on the field (and less off).

Until we find a leader and maybe it's Rat I think we will struggle. 10% leadership in the locker room is worth 50% out of it. Until we identify those (maybe Newman) who can get the point across we will always have to be led externally rather than lead by example (or otherwise).

This group of Cowboys has some talent...but not leaders and without a strong head coach that's a bad combination. Maybe Garrett is the answer..let's hope so.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Exactly why we needed Ray Lewis.

This offseason, we need to go after players known for grit on defense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3694180 said:
Man they need to start grabbing face masks and getting amped on the sideline.

Man I been calling for that forever. Dallas has been a bunch of punks lately.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;3694184 said:
Demarcus Ware is soft...period! Doesn't mean I don't like him or I think he is talented but he is soft. It's his nature. I wish he had more Charles Haley in him on the field (and less off).

Until we find a leader and maybe it's Rat I think we will struggle. 10% leadership in the locker room is worth 50% out of it. Until we identify those (maybe Newman) who can get the point across we will always have to be led externally rather than lead by example (or otherwise).

This group of Cowboys has some talent...but not leaders and without a strong head coach that's a bad combination. Maybe Garrett is the answer..let's hope so.

What cornerback is a leader or has been? If so it was probrably a top corner without a doubt in the NFL. That sure isn't Terence Newman.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I meant Charles Woodson not Darren.

And Witten is on offense isn't he?

BTW Witten is a huge problem for our offense.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Ratliff would scare the hell outta me.

That's one intense guy.

superonyx

Reaction score

How well do you know him?
Have you read articles from current or past teammates that would imply he was soft? Or is this just your assumption because he isn't as ugly as some of the players you perceive as tough? Certain people may look like nice guys but that doesn't mean they are soft.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Galian Beast;3694223 said:
I meant Charles Woodson not Darren.

And Witten is on offense isn't he?

BTW Witten is a huge problem for our offense.

As much as I hate the guy, you could have meant Rod too.

Dee88

Reaction score
Galian Beast;3694183 said:
part of me feels like if we went on an 8 game winning streak we could still make the playoffs as a wild card...

how sad is that?

It's not sad that you think they would have a chance at the wild card if they went on a 8-game winning streak, it's sad if you think they are going to go on an actual 8-game winning streak. I could see them playing good, but 8-game winning streak is not going to happen. Just look at the game today, they are picked to lose by 13.5 points. I could definitely see them going 5 - 3 or 4 - 4 if they play hard though.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
superonyx;3694231 said:
How well do you know him?
Have you read articles from current or past teammates that would imply he was soft? Or is this just your assumption because he isn't as ugly as some of the players you perceive as tough? Certain people may look like nice guys but that doesn't mean they are soft.

I'm a huge Ware fan, but I think I know what he means. I, personally, would not use the word "soft". He's generally good against the run and soft players are not (see Barbie). I think he meant that Ware is lacking that hard-hitting, tough guy mentality/way of playing. That doesn't mean he isn't a great player. I believe Merlin Olsen was the same way. A dominant, HOF player that was not considered to be a "tough guy". I still say "soft" is not the right word, but I would like to see more hard hits and attitude from Ware. It just doesn't seem to be in his nature. We could definitely use a couple of "punch you in the mouth" type guys on this defense. Hopefully, a young safety and ILB next year will bring some of that. It would make guys a little nervous about crossing the middle like they were when we had guys like Woody and Washington. Hard hits set a tone and often change momentum. They also create turnovers. We could use all of those things...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Demarcus Ware is soft...period!

Sure. You ask all the quarterbacks in the NFL if he's soft. This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

And then your user name is Dandy Don - a mirage that you actually know anything about football.

stilltheguru;3694189 said:
What cornerback is a leader or has been? If so it was probrably a top corner without a doubt in the NFL. That sure isn't Terence Newman.

You wouldn't know leadership if it was a wet tuna slapping you in the face.

And T.O. doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore so why are you even in this discussion?

CCBoy

Reaction score
casmith07;3694242 said:
Sure. You ask all the quarterbacks in the NFL if he's soft. This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

And then your user name is Dandy Don - a mirage that you actually know anything about football.

You wouldn't know leadership if it was a wet tuna slapping you in the face.

And T.O. doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore so why are you even in this discussion?

You go Black Knight...

as to 'our' 'Boys, if those players who have been shadows around great play don't want to stand up during the worse of times. I don't want them even around taking up oxygen when things get better.

Ware and Ratliff have nothing to be joked about even in insulting humor.

Air Force and Army in Bowl Games......hoooooah. Next, Navy again. Then Commander's Cup is a beauty.

Cas, my A&M-Kingsville, won their last game last night and are #4 in the Country, Div II. Their only loss is to #1 Abeleine Chrisitan, and by 7. Back when their offense was slowly coming together. Their defense is one of the very best in the country. Our latest roster signee was from this defense last year. DE Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, was one of the Javelina's 'Border Bandits' last year.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
casmith07;3694242 said:

:laugh2:
I love it <insert emoticon with a salute to casmith07>