Ware and Ratliff talk tough about players quitting

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dee88;3694238 said:
It's not sad that you think they would have a chance at the wild card if they went on a 8-game winning streak, it's sad if you think they are going to go on an actual 8-game winning streak. I could see them playing good, but 8-game winning streak is not going to happen. Just look at the game today, they are picked to lose by 13.5 points. I could definitely see them going 5 - 3 or 4 - 4 if they play hard though.

Having 120 points put up on you in three games tends to adjust Vegas odds...but not player's heart. No slip-scale controls that but themselves.
Accountability has hit the fan, and that will affect games more than odds.

CCBoy

Reaction score
casmith07;3694242 said:
Sure. You ask all the quarterbacks in the NFL if he's soft. This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

And then your user name is Dandy Don - a mirage that you actually know anything about football.

You wouldn't know leadership if it was a wet tuna slapping you in the face.

And T.O. doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore so why are you even in this discussion?

Lol, Cas...as if he understands giving Randy Moss a 12 yard cushion against the Titans and just seeing if he has the old 'juices.' Or TO not trying to throw his quarterback back to the media's frenzy in Cincinatti. Kind of reminds me of Roy Williams holding the line despite media and fan non-support. Figure he is on the line with 5 catches in 4 games? I don't either...but Dez Bryant is sure looking good. Thanks, Jerry!

CCBoy

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3694255 said:
It's a little late for tough talk.

You weren't a soldier that had to go through rebuilding of the NCO corp following Viet Nam...and never is a word that should be a last resort, following Murphy's Law quotations.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
CCBoy;3694257 said:
You weren't a soldier that had to go through rebuilding of the NCO corp following Viet Nam...and never is a word that should be a last resort, following Murphy's Law quotations.

I was a Cowboys fan earlier in the season when the unfocused team consistently underperformed.

The "tough talk" should have started well before 1-7.

CCBoy

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3694259 said:
I was a Cowboys fan earlier in the season when the unfocused team consistently underperformed.

Oh, I'm not trying to strain the gnats and swallowing the camel here...you ask me, I think this has been a decay that surfaced for all to see, when the same base group stunk up the exit from the old Cowboy Stadium and were kicked out of competition for the playoffs that season. Losing the last month and missing...missing, missing, missing. Like an etched record.:mad:

Maybe getting a little angry, drawing a line in the sand, after getting their collective butts handed to them in a paper sack will do some real growth for their being a team. That or chaos will permeate the farthest corner of the group...not a team.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
stilltheguru;3694187 said:
Man I been calling for that forever. Dallas has been a bunch of punks lately.

punkss? man them boys where out their playing like a bunch of Betty Whites:laugh1:

Doomsay

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3694259 said:

:signmast: This is a talk first, act last team. I'd be happy to not hear from the players for the rest of the season.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
In reference to Jenkins quiting on the tackle....I loved the......."You won't see that again....I can assure you that" by Rat! and the "If they quit there will be a fight on the sideline......I don't care if I'm fined" by Ware.

Step up and lead guys! The young un's need it!

Mansta54

Reaction score
Galian Beast;3694183 said:
part of me feels like if we went on an 8 game winning streak we could still make the playoffs as a wild card...

how sad is that?

It's not sad at all, you're a fan and you BELIEVE and always have FAITH. It's a good thing dude, hold onto it. I do!!!!:D

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
So where was all this 9 weeks ago? In pre-season? In training camp?

Leaders don't wait until the battle is lost to start leading guys. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

CCBoy

Reaction score
THUMPER;3694306 said:
So where was all this 9 weeks ago? In pre-season? In training camp?

Leaders don't wait until the battle is lost to start leading guys. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Thump, sorry, but sign me up for a field pass. I'd watch DeMarcus Ware slap **** out of anyone along the sidelines...even if it had to be Campo.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It'd be nice to see Ware develop into more of a onfield leader. As good as he is, he's almost TOO nice. He smiles and everything when things are going good but I've never seen him pissed off and angry when things are going bad.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3694176 said:
Just checked out the Cowboys Radio Road Show from the team's website and heard DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff talking pretty tough about making sure there is no more quitting from any of the players on this team...

Jason Garrett in the defensive team meetings. The head coach is involved in all the facets of the team. Good to hear these things.

right, loved the audio dc, thanks again buddy, awesome!

loved how jason garrett is involved in everything, something that seemed like wade wasnt

:starspin

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Good things these "winners" (lol one postseason game, lol) had enough after 8 games. Whew. We might actually mess this season up.

Cowboys team is on alert. Ware and Ratliff are mad. So mad, in fact, that they might go out there and actually try for a quarter or two.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
triplets92;3694181 said:
You can see it all over Jay's face last week that he has past his tolerance level for people quitting on the team I knew it was a matter of time before he vocalize it

I was proud of Ratliff's reaction to last weeks game. There is no faking that. The guy was brutalized by that game. There is no doubt in my mind that man cares. Looking at his face, his paycheck was no where near his thoughts after that game. One of my favorite players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
TheCount;3694314 said:
It'd be nice to see Ware develop into more of a onfield leader. As good as he is, he's almost TOO nice. He smiles and everything when things are going good but I've never seen him pissed off and angry when things are going bad.

This is his sixth year already. Doesn't seem possible, but it is. I don't think his personality is going to change at this point.

Unless... Maybe wearing that tie on the plane will make him really mad.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694335 said:
This is his sixth year already. Doesn't seem possible, but it is. I don't think his personality is going to change at this point.

:laugh2:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3694335 said:

Lordy, lordy...and he probably wore a cap and gown after he graduated from college. Think of the distraction trying to own up with the stereotype included with a sheepskin...you go. :rolleyes: